• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Animals English Names List

What! This is confusing! I prefer Isis better than Sprinkle!

Similar to Spork/Crackle thing!
My guess is Isis should be the name in NA. And Sprinkle is her name in Europe!

the english names are really bad. Isis is better than Sprinkle. Beardo is appalling. Eugene is bad. Need I go on...

the english names are really bad. Isis is better than Sprinkle. Beardo is appalling. Eugene is bad. Need I go on...

Beardo was his Japanese name too. Although, it could be translated as "Beard" instead of Beardo, which isn't much better.

Hearing opinions in one of the best parts of a forum, so if you want to go on, please do.

Just to all those people that wish the Japanese names were kept, how many people are going to know how to pronounce names like "Fanrokuka" and then catch on if there was a pun intended?

Hearing opinions in one of the best parts of a forum, so if you want to go on, please do.

Just to all those people that wish the Japanese names were kept, how many people are going to know how to pronounce names like "Fanrokuka" and then catch on if there was a pun intended?

Nobody mentioned anything about the Japanese names.

You just assume if we don't like the english names that we love the Japanese names? When I complain about the english names my solution is different english names, not using the Japanese names.

You'd be foolish to think a name like "Fanrokuka" would work in an english game.

Nobody mentioned anything about the Japanese names.

You just assume if we don't like the english names that we love the Japanese names? When I complain about the english names my solution is different english names, not using the Japanese names.

Then my post was not directed to you. Please don't take it personally and sometimes reading two times helps comprehension.

Then my post was not directed to you. Please don't take it personally and sometimes reading two times helps comprehension.

I just thought it was strange how you started talking about the Japanese names, when nobody in the most recent posts had said they preferred the Japanese names to the english names. It seemed a bit random.

I just thought it was strange how you started talking about the Japanese names, when nobody in the most recent posts had said they preferred the Japanese names to the english names. It seemed a bit random.

I just thought back to how people have mentioned they wished some villagers would keep their Japanese names. I agree I would prefer different English names for some characters, but in no way do I want any of the Japanese names to be kept because most make no sense in English. Of course there are exceptions to every rule though.

I just thought back to how people have mentioned they wished some villagers would keep their Japanese names. I agree I would prefer different English names for some characters, but in no way do I want any of the Japanese names to be kept because most make no sense in English. Of course there are exceptions to every rule though.

I wouldn't want any of the purely Japanese names, but their romanizations are different. Names like Rocky, Frill or Hannah.

Can someone find out the names of Takoya and Patti? I'm really interested in finding them out.

Timbra and Celia are nice. Timbra is unusual but not in a bad way. It reminds me of Kimbra. (She's a singer from New Zealand)

Celia is a good name in my opinion and Timbra is pretty decent too. Finally some good names!

tut, tut, tut...Sprinkle!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can someone find out the names of Takoya and Patti? I'm really interested in finding them out.

So am I. What's Takoya going to be, Otto? How about Patti though? Hmmm...difficult.

Celia is a good name in my opinion and Timbra is pretty decent too. Finally some good names!

tut, tut, tut...Sprinkle!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

So am I. What's Takoya going to be, Otto? How about Patti though? Hmmm...difficult.

If his name is Otto i will throw a brick out my window.

Back