• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New fruits, trees, plants?

You actually can't say this, because it hasn't actually been confirmed if seasonal changed will effect it or not.

If they continue with the islands old theme it probably stay summer like it did in the old games

Well yeah ,pretty much.

Anyways to steer this back on topic, I just had an idea, What if there was season specific flowers that bloom for a season then die but in their place there is a bulb (that's buried) which could be dug up and sold/replanted or left and it would automatically grow next time the season starts.
Maybe even in the first (few) day(s) of the season you could see them grow again instead of them just popping up

Well yeah ,pretty much.

Anyways to steer this back on topic, I just had an idea, What if there was season specific flowers that bloom for a season then die but in their place there is a bulb (that's buried) which could be dug up and sold/replanted or left and it would automatically grow next time the season starts.
Maybe even in the first (few) day(s) of the season you could see them grow again instead of them just popping up

no.. that seems too annoying. there wouldn't really be a purpose to grow the flower if it would just die off in the next season, people wouldn't bother growing it then.. unless it served a specific purpose. Maybe a flower arranging (a japanese art called Ikebana) festival that would occur once every season so that you can actually use those flowers. Your idea has a point though, maybe you can only grow certain bulbs in certain seasons but once they bloom they won't die unless they are trampled/not watered like normal flowers.

Well yeah ,pretty much.

I actually like this idea and they don't just die off you still have the bulb to replant and it would be cool to watch the flowers grow instead of just having a full grown flower right away for example you could have a seedling pop up in the beginning.

I actually like this idea and they don't just die off you still have the bulb to replant and it would be cool to watch the flowers grow instead of just having a full grown flower right away for example you could have a seedling pop up in the beginning.

its annoying. Nobody is going to bother growing a flower that dies off in the next season even if it leaves behind a bulb which also grows in the next season (which means next year). Nobody will bother waiting till next year to grow a flower. there's just no point.

its annoying. Nobody is going to bother growing a flower that dies off in the next season even if it leaves behind a bulb which also grows in the next season (which means next year). Nobody will bother waiting till next year to grow a flower. there's just no point.

Valid point, but personally I'd like it because it'd give me something to do not trying to fight I understand your point though.

Valid point, but personally I'd like it because it'd give me something to do not trying to fight I understand your point though.

like i had said in my previous post:

there wouldn't really be a purpose to grow the flower if it would just die off in the next season, people wouldn't bother growing it then.. unless it served a specific purpose. Maybe a flower arranging (a japanese art called Ikebana) festival that would occur once every season so that you can actually use those flowers. Your idea has a point though, maybe you can only grow certain bulbs in certain seasons but once they bloom they won't die unless they are trampled/not watered like normal flowers.

there wouldn't really be a purpose to grow the flower if it would just die off in the next season, people wouldn't bother growing it then.. unless it served a specific purpose. Maybe a flower arranging (a japanese art called Ikebana) festival that would occur once every season so that you can actually use those flowers. Your idea has a point though, maybe you can only grow certain bulbs in certain seasons but once they bloom they won't die unless they are trampled/not watered like normal flowers.
I wouldn't mind this at all.

Well yeah ,pretty much.

What unique said, if you want season specific flowers, get HM

no.. that seems too annoying. there wouldn't really be a purpose to grow the flower if it would just die off in the next season, people wouldn't bother growing it then.. unless it served a specific purpose. Maybe a flower arranging (a japanese art called Ikebana) festival that would occur once every season so that you can actually use those flowers. Your idea has a point though, maybe you can only grow certain bulbs in certain seasons but once they bloom they won't die unless they are trampled/not watered like normal flowers.
this is a valid point, if they're just going to die why would people grow them..

seconding

like i had said in my previous post:

this, it's really pointless - they only grow for 6 months and then they die, i don't see how it could work either.

..it would be cool to watch the flowers grow instead of just having a full grown flower right away for example you could have a seedling pop up in the beginning.

i don't mind this though. It's like growing a tree but flower version. just as long as you can't trample it like normal saplings or i would get mad.

I like the idea how when you plant a seed and it takes at least a day to grow. I would LOVE it if we could have vegetables to grow and more plants to sell or eat. Here are the plants/vegetation/trees I would love to be on the game: lilies, sun flowers, daisies, frangipanis, carrots, a big willow tree that takes ages to grow, acorn tree, grape vines, flower trees, mango trees, cocoa trees, marigolds, cherry blossom tree, strawberry bush, blackberry/blueberry/raspberry bush, apricot tree, banana tree, pineapple plant, pumpkin, sweet peas, corn, tomatoes, potatoes etc.

Maybe you get the plants/fruit/trees/vegetables/flowers from the (rumoured) flower shop, from the island or from neighbours like from past games. it would be so GREAT to have more vegetation and (I know there won't be the things above) even though we have not seen any new plants/trees in the videos we have seen, but those videos were taken ages ago when the game just started to be made. They could have added many differences to the town that we do not know of.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

I like the idea how when you plant a seed and it takes at least a day to grow. I would LOVE it if we could have vegetables to grow and more plants to sell or eat. Here are the plants/vegetation/trees I would love to be on the game: lilies, sun flowers, daisies, frangipanis, carrots, a big willow tree that takes ages to grow, acorn tree, grape vines, flower trees, mango trees, cocoa trees, marigolds, cherry blossom tree, strawberry bush, blackberry/blueberry/raspberry bush, apricot tree, banana tree, pineapple plant, pumpkin, sweet peas, corn, tomatoes, potatoes etc.

Maybe you get the plants/fruit/trees/vegetables/flowers from the (rumoured) flower shop, from the island or from neighbours like from past games. it would be so GREAT to have more vegetation and (I know there won't be the things above) even though we have not seen any new plants/trees in the videos we have seen, but those videos were taken ages ago when the game just started to be made. They could have added many differences to the town that we do not know of.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

good ideas for new fruit and plants. but i doubt vegetables would make its way to the game.

I really hope vegetables dont make it

Why? I mean if you didn't want them just don't buy them, but if you do it could lead to more outside customization maybe you could have a garden and I don't know a new tool like a hoe.(I know this probably won't happen but in my opinion it sounds cool)

Why? I mean if you didn't want them just don't buy them, but if you do it could lead to more outside customization maybe you could have a garden and I don't know a new tool like a hoe.(I know this probably won't happen but in my opinion it sounds cool)

But what's the use of vegetables? can you please explain? Like.. are we going to be cooking in the game? Fruits and flowers actually have a purpose in the game but I don't see what vegetables are supposed to do. Like are you meant to sell them and make some money because there's already tonnes of ways to do that already. sorry but vegetables just isnt going to happen. and anyway theres already too much content stuffed in the 3ds version... we don't need vegetables..

what unique said.
If there's no real purpose why do we need them
Unless were going to cook them, but then it'll be like Harvest Moon and who'd want to cook them anyway..

I'd like to see flower boxes outside of your windows and the possibility to designate a specific area to a garden by lining it with stone or raising the ground. A random group of flowers doesn't look very good, but by having the border it looks like it's supposed to be there and will be a lot nicer.

I'd like to see flower boxes outside of your windows and the possibility to designate a specific area to a garden by lining it with stone or raising the ground. A random group of flowers doesn't look very good, but by having the border it looks like it's supposed to be there and will be a lot nicer.
I actually like this, something small but it's rather nice

Back