• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New fruits, trees, plants?

I would too! Just one new fruit tree and I would be over the moon! The same if there are going to be more flowers.

I'd really like a 'backyard' or a 'front yard' (ever one - just a tiny space on the ground) outlined with a fence (like what someone else had said) so you can have a garden. I wonder if as Mayor, we can build fences, paths and more? I hope so.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie
yeah i want new fruit trees no
no, no front yard or back yard, you can see in the trailers this isn't there, just turn your back rooms into one

Maybe the backyard could be part of an expansion to your house. Every time you pay off your house debt,the garden area expands/gets better/ more options. That way, it wont take up a bunch of room outside or be blocked by your house. It'd be like a room in your house, just walk through a door into your garden area. You'd be able to plant trees, flowers, have garden decor (fountains, bird feeders, etc.). It'd be similar to a room by having a grass floor(possibly being able to change with seasons/personal choice of outdoor ground) and being line with a fence against a blue sky (changing with day and night).

You could even have a porch area that you can customize with furniture.

Personally, i'd welcome any and all new house expansions and additions!
seems kinda pointless

no, no front yard or back yard, you can see in the trailers this isn't there, just turn your back rooms into one
How can you turn a room into a backyard? You can, but it's not outside, and therefore lame. It would be cool to have a yard, even though it won't happen.

I don't want a yard to be part of the house, but I do plan on making some sort of yard out of the outdoor furniture and bushes.

And i agree, new fruit would be cool

I don't want a yard to be part of the house, but I do plan on making some sort of yard out of the outdoor furniture and bushes.

And i agree, new fruit would be cool
Is there going to be outdoor furniture for sure, or is that a rumor?

Is there going to be outdoor furniture for sure, or is that a rumor?

They're in the trailers and I think they said so in the developer roundtable. We know that we get benches and street lamps, but there are probably more.

Last edited:
They're in the trailers and I think they said so in the developer roundtable. We know that we get benches and street lamps, but there are probably more.
I knew about the lamps and benches, I guess I blanked out for a minute. There is also going to be a bee house, I know that. I want there to be more, but I don't know what else there could be.

How can you turn a room into a backyard? You can, but it's not outside, and therefore lame. It would be cool to have a yard, even though it won't happen.

with the backyard furniture and wallpaper and flooring

with the backyard furniture and wallpaper and flooring
Yeah, but that's not what I would want from a backyard. I'd love to have a room with all of the building models so I can make a model of my town, though. That would be really cool.

Not that I don't like the idea of a backyard but an indoor garden doesn't seem right. Like realistically how are they going to receive sunlight under a roof and how are you even meant to grow a tree indoors? However i do like your idea of the garden being part of the expansion. I'm thinking the backyard/garden will be outdoors that can entered from indoors (through a door inside that leads outside) or can be entered from outside (maybe the fence surrounding the garden would have a small gate). And through the expansions that the house undergoes the garden also gets bigger.

In conclusion, i doubt this will happen.

I guess i wasnt clear enough, but its not supposed to have a roof or walls, only that the grass/underbrush would be customizable and the "walls"(for lack of a better term) will actually be open skies. It will just be an open space that is easier to manage as a garden/yard space that provides more options and customizations.

seems kinda pointless

Does everything have to have a point? It would merely be an extra space and new space for you to customize to your liking and for enjoyment.

err no.. srsly.. why does everybody want a garden INDOORS? Like... its just really stupid. You have a whole world outside of your house and you choose to grow your own garden indoors? And it's not even realistic.. how are flowers meant to get sunlight and how are trees even supposed to grow indoors? Sorry but just no

err no.. srsly.. why does everybody want a garden INDOORS? Like... its just really stupid. You have a whole world outside of your house and you choose to grow your own garden indoors? And it's not even realistic.. how are flowers meant to get sunlight and how are trees even supposed to grow indoors? Sorry but just no

I just explained in my previous about how it is not actually in a building, it is merely next to your house, and you can enter it from your house.

I'd prefer it indoors

all other AC games have had plants indoors and they've never died,
and they get sunlight through the window... They do show light shining through the window for a reason

I'd prefer it indoors

and they get sunlight through the window... They do show light shining through the window for a reason

Just to branch off of this idea,it could always be a greenhouse type area, which would allow in indoor gardening area.

I'd prefer it indoors

i dont mind flowers but trees no. You can't grow trees indoors.. doesn't make sense unless unless you care to explain how. And what's the point of using a wallpaper and flooring to imitate the sky and the grass? Would be fake and stupid seeing as its already right outside your door.

i dont mind flowers but trees no. You can't grow trees indoors.. doesn't make sense unless unless you care to explain how. And what's the point of using a wallpaper and flooring to imitate the sky and the grass? Would be fake and stupid seeing as its already right outside your door.

Im trying to explain this as best as i can, were not imitating it, its actually going to be the regular sky and actual ground. Im only comparing them to the ground and walls because thats what it would act like, you can walk on the grass and where the fence/sky part is, you can go through.

Why would you want trees in your garden anyway.
I wouldn't it's be happy with flowers and bushes

If they give the options for all of them, then everyone gets what they want in their garden :3

Back