• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New fruits, trees, plants?

I'd like to see flower boxes outside of your windows and the possibility to designate a specific area to a garden by lining it with stone or raising the ground. A random group of flowers doesn't look very good, but by having the border it looks like it's supposed to be there and will be a lot nicer.

love this idea. Placing flower boxes would be awesome (like the ones in the recent pokemon games). Maybe one box can hold 3 flowers, so you can line them up and place it all in there. Would be a great outdoor piece. And somebody before suggested the use of fences and that would be perfect to border a group of flowers that you're hybridizing.

Since we're on the topic of flowers I'd just like to bring up something I said a while ago about being able to hold flowers. thoughts?

like what you did with dandelions? yeah i wouldn't mind. Maybe you can also pull the petals off too (pointless but also useful for the "does she" or "does she not" thing)

I'd also like to have a patio in your backyard with a pergola and a vine growing up it. In general, you've never had a "yard" in Animal Crossing, I'd like to have more of a yard so you can have gardens and patios and such without it looking random or getting in the way of other things.

I'd also like to have a patio in your backyard with a pergola and a vine growing up it. In general, you've never had a "yard" in Animal Crossing, I'd like to have more of a yard so you can have gardens and patios and such without it looking random or getting in the way of other things.

this idea is good.. but i doubt its going to happen. Maybe later on in the future series you would get gardens cus if everybody had their own garden then the town is going to be a lot bigger. Which makes me think that this would be much better being in the Wii U version (if there's gonna be one)

yes please

Maybe Brewster isn't selling Smoothies but Bubble Teas? :rolleyes: kidding :D
I love the idea of the bushes being strawberry bushes! Or Blueberries etc. That would be really nice. Since the map in this version of the game is going to be a lot bigger, vegetables would be really nice in my opinion. Variety is the key of Animal Crossing ;) , and an own garden would be soooo great!! I really hope some new information are coming soon.... E3 kind of missed that :/

I would love to see some new fruits :)

I would too! Just one new fruit tree and I would be over the moon! The same if there are going to be more flowers.

I'd really like a 'backyard' or a 'front yard' (ever one - just a tiny space on the ground) outlined with a fence (like what someone else had said) so you can have a garden. I wonder if as Mayor, we can build fences, paths and more? I hope so.

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

Maybe the backyard could be part of an expansion to your house. Every time you pay off your house debt,the garden area expands/gets better/ more options. That way, it wont take up a bunch of room outside or be blocked by your house. It'd be like a room in your house, just walk through a door into your garden area. You'd be able to plant trees, flowers, have garden decor (fountains, bird feeders, etc.). It'd be similar to a room by having a grass floor(possibly being able to change with seasons/personal choice of outdoor ground) and being line with a fence against a blue sky (changing with day and night).

You could even have a porch area that you can customize with furniture.

Personally, i'd welcome any and all new house expansions and additions!

Last edited:
Maybe the backyard could be part of an expansion to your house. Every time you pay off your house debt,the garden area expands/gets better/ more options. That way, it wont take up a bunch of room outside or be blocked by your house. It'd be like a room in your house, just walk through a door into your garden area. You'd be able to plant trees, flowers, have garden decor (fountains, bird feeders, etc.). It'd be similar to a room by having a grass floor(possibly being able to change with seasons/personal choice of outdoor ground) and being line with a fence against a blue sky (changing with day and night).

LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH! Good job!!!

Personally, i'd welcome any and all new house expansions and additions!
I like it. I like how you can get to it through your house, but I'd also like to be able to get to it from outside.

whoops i said fence, but i meant a gate. I would prefer a fence because it needs seperation, but it would only be part of the backdrop, and not actually take up any space.

Last edited:
It'd be like a room in your house, just walk through a door into your garden area. You'd be able to plant trees, flowers, have garden decor (fountains, bird feeders, etc.). It'd be similar to a room by having a grass floor(possibly being able to change with seasons/personal choice of outdoor ground) and being line with a fence against a blue sky (changing with day and night).

Not that I don't like the idea of a backyard but an indoor garden doesn't seem right. Like realistically how are they going to receive sunlight under a roof and how are you even meant to grow a tree indoors? However i do like your idea of the garden being part of the expansion. I'm thinking the backyard/garden will be outdoors that can entered from indoors (through a door inside that leads outside) or can be entered from outside (maybe the fence surrounding the garden would have a small gate). And through the expansions that the house undergoes the garden also gets bigger.

In conclusion, i doubt this will happen.

Back