• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Do you have to invite the first camper that shows up? What happens if you don’t?
Will the same villager remain at the campsite until you invite them, or someone new?
Or does it mess everything up?

Also how do I set a new plot? Does that become an option only once I’ve invited a campsite visitor?

Last edited:
Do you have to invite the first camper that shows up? What happens if you don’t?
Will the same villager remain at the campsite until you invite them, or someone new?
Or does it mess everything up?

Also how do I set a new plot? Does that become an option only once I’ve invited a campsite visitor?

Apparently you have, I ignore him for one day and the next one he was still there. To buy a new plot of land you need to talk to Tom Nook about infrastructure, select sell some land and he will give you a kit, it cost 10k bells.

When you have ten villagers (I don't, just invited my eighth).

Do people show up on the Nook Miles Islands anymore? Or do I need to wait for someone to move out for that? Also, someone a few pages ago here said that the 10th plot will stay open indefinitely unless I invite someone - So that means if I invite one more, I can set down a plot and go through the islands looking for a dreamie, get them, then let someone else move out and do the same sorta thing, even if it takes weeks?

If you get someone in your campsite and you have 10 villagers, can you invite them and have a specific villager move out? I've seen contradicting information about this (some saying they'll only ask to kick out one specific villager and thats it)

Thank you very much, and I hope you all are having fun!

Can you not store full-on flowers/flower stems in your house storage???

Hi I'm fairly new to this. How valuable roughly are the new villagers? I have Dom moving in tomorrow and I'd like to trade him for Ankha or maybe Tangy. Do you think there's someone who would go for this? I tried searching for Dom in Nook's Cranny but the phrase is too short. Alternatively, does anyone have an idea of what he might fetch in IGB or nook tickets?

Last edited:
If you visit Celeste in another persons town, do she always visit your town after? I just visited for a meteor shower, now she's in my town but it's not even a clear night and she won't give me another crafting recipe! I'm so confused...

When you have ten villagers (I don't, just invited my eighth).

Do people show up on the Nook Miles Islands anymore? Or do I need to wait for someone to move out for that? Also, someone a few pages ago here said that the 10th plot will stay open indefinitely unless I invite someone - So that means if I invite one more, I can set down a plot and go through the islands looking for a dreamie, get them, then let someone else move out and do the same sorta thing, even if it takes weeks?

If you get someone in your campsite and you have 10 villagers, can you invite them and have a specific villager move out? I've seen contradicting information about this (some saying they'll only ask to kick out one specific villager and thats it)

Thank you very much, and I hope you all are having fun!

for your first question I can't say for sure because I was going to test this theory but a random villager took my last open house plot. This was someone's villager from their void. I was hoping this was not in this game but sadly villagers from other islands will definitely move if you have an open house plot.

If you have 10 villagers you cannot move anyone in until someone moves out. Now if you have amiibo villager cards you can kick out someone this way. Otherwise you're stuck with 10 villagers.

I built an extra land plot because I thought I would be able to get another villager through trading. It didn't work out but now I'm worried someone will randomly move into that space. Can I demolish projects/land plots?

This is more related to TBT forums, lol; What does IGB and TBT mean in terms of trading?

Pls forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this question, btw. I wasn't sure where to ask it.

In-game bells (so bells from whichever relevant AC game) and TBT is the bell tree bells! (Not sure what TBT in particular means, other than the bell tree)

Hope this is on topic. Can anyone suggest a good Forum signature/Villager ID generator to replace my New Leaf signature?

Is the first camper always smug? In one of the groups I'm in that seems to be the personality group everyone got.

Back