• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

How many shooting stars can you (successfully) wish on per night?

I haven't seen a limit. I wished on over 50 on a night there was a meteor shower. I have noticed the more stars you wish on, the more star materials you'll find on your beach the next day.

Can villagers change their regular clothes like in previous games? I really do not like the colour Diana is now wearing :( That deep purple ruins her whole aesthetic...

Can villagers change their regular clothes like in previous games? I really do not like the colour Diana is now wearing :( That deep purple ruins her whole aesthetic...

Yes. Send them clothes as a present attached to a letter, or give it to them as a gift in person if your friendship is high enough to get the option when talking to them. You will probably see them wearing it soon after giving it to them.

2 questions:

1) If I have an empty plot for sale, will a random villager eventually move in? Or will it stay empty until I invite someone?

2) Will campsite visitor villagers and mystery island villagers only show up if I have an empty plot?

thanks guys!

Last edited:
Yes. Send them clothes as a present attached to a letter, or give it to them as a gift in person if your friendship is high enough to get the option when talking to them. You will probably see them wearing it soon after giving it to them.
That’s good news, I was worried it wasn’t possible in NH. Thanks.

I just built my camp and the first villager hasn't arrived yet (the one you don't get to choose). Can I still go dreamie hunting and invite someone to my island or is the "queue" full and I'd be wasting tickets?

I just built my camp and the first villager hasn't arrived yet (the one you don't get to choose). Can I still go dreamie hunting and invite someone to my island or is the "queue" full and I'd be wasting tickets?

Do you mean that they haven't moved in yet or they haven't appeared yet?

If they haven't appeared yet, you cannot invite anyone else yet. If they haven't moved in yet but they have appeared and you invited them already, you can invite someone from the island

Last edited:
2 questions:

1) If I have an empty plot for sale, will a random villager eventually move in? Or will it stay empty until I invite someone?

2) Will campsite visitor villagers and mystery island villagers only show up if I have an empty plot?

thanks guys!

1. In my own experience, if you have less than 9 villagers, a random villager will eventually move in. (So that would be villagers 7, 8, and 9). When I put my 10th plot down, it stayed open for about a week until a got Goldie in via Amiibo.

2. It might be different after you have 10 villagers, but at the start, they only show up on mystery islands if you have an open plot. Campsite villagers will show up randomly anyway. if you choose to invite them, they will give you the option to kick out a random villager. If you invite a camper via amiibo, you can choose the villager they will kick out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it possible to choose who to kick out without using an Amiibo?

With what we know so far, no. A random camper will choose a random villager.

Does anyone know how to obtain the cherry blossom recipes? I searched for it online and even the forums too, but I couldn't find the information.

Does anyone know how to obtain the cherry blossom recipes? I searched for it online and even the forums too, but I couldn't find the information.

You get them randomly in balloon presents! They're pretty rare though

Does anyone know if villagers can randomly move out like they did in new leaf?
I know you can see villagers who want to move out with a cloud above their head, but is that a requirement for villagers to leave?

Does anyone know if villagers can randomly move out like they did in new leaf?
I know you can see villagers who want to move out with a cloud above their head, but is that a requirement for villagers to leave?

Villagers can't randomly move out. They have to check in first with you before moving (when they have a cloud over their head)

Back