New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Yeah I checked Nookipedia and it said that. I just wanted to double-check though. Like, if anyone has actually tried to unlock the golden axe with stone axes before. Is it possible? Have you unlocked the golden axe already?
I don’t have the recipe for the golden axe yet, so I can’t confirm.

Yeah I checked Nookipedia and it said that. I just wanted to double-check though. Like, if anyone has actually tried to unlock the golden axe with stone axes before. Is it possible? Have you unlocked the golden axe already?
I'm pretty sure I used the Flimsy axe to unlock the Golden axe since they break easier than a normal axe.

I checked on Nookipedia and I think the Golden axe page is a bit misleading as they only use the Normal axe icon. When I googled searched elsewhere, like Animal Crossing World, IGN, and any other website, it all states using the Flimsy axe is the best way.

I'm pretty sure I used the Flimsy axe to unlock the Golden axe since they break easier than a normal axe.

I checked on Nookipedia and I think the Golden axe page is a bit misleading as they only use the Normal axe icon. When I googled searched elsewhere, like Animal Crossing World, IGN, and any other website, it all states using the Flimsy axe is the best way.
Thank you Pyoopi! I'll give this a shot.

Just wondering~
I am using my friend's switch for making another Island. I also have connected my account to her switch as well. She doesn't have an online membership, but I do.
If I make a player with my account on the Island, and try and upload a dream address; can that happen? Or does my friends switch need an online memebership? (Which she wont ever do, so it be a waste of my time trying to make nice islands and cant dream address it; because I wanna make multiple.) (I know I could do a trial but again it's not just one Island I wanted to make :/ )

So I have a question about unlocking the golden axe... Breaking 100 axes should lead me to the recipe, but will this work with stone axes? I use them more often when chopping trees for wood.
If I'm not mistaken, I was able to get the recipe by breaking a ton of flimsy axes.

EDIT: Oops; already answered. Forgot to check the next page.

Just wondering~
I am using my friend's switch for making another Island. I also have connected my account to her switch as well. She doesn't have an online membership, but I do.
If I make a player with my account on the Island, and try and upload a dream address; can that happen? Or does my friends switch need an online memebership? (Which she wont ever do, so it be a waste of my time trying to make nice islands and cant dream address it; because I wanna make multiple.) (I know I could do a trial but again it's not just one Island I wanted to make :/ )
Uploading dream addresses requires a Nintendo Switch subscription on the main player's end unfortunately.

Just wondering~
I would try anyway and make a character using your profile. When I got my second switch I used a new profile for the island rep. Used my main account with online subscription for an alt character and was able to use that second character to create a dream address. I thought at first you needed one profile for each switch.

I would try anyway and make a character using your profile. When I got my second switch I used a new profile for the island rep. Used my main account with online subscription for an alt character and was able to use that second character to create a dream address. I thought at first you needed one profile for each switch.
Yeah I did recently add another character which is my account, so will see. Can't remember when the new character can dream XD

Yeah I did recently add another character which is my account, so will see. Can't remember when the new character can dream XD
I know I was disappointed when I thought I couldn’t get a dream address for that island so figured I would try making one with the profile that had online . I think you can when Luna sends you a bed as a gift.

I know I was disappointed when I thought I couldn’t get a dream address for that island so figured I would try making one with the profile that had online . I think you can when Luna sends you a bed as a gift.
I just checked today after being able to upgrade my house on the other players house, and I am SO happy to say I can use the internet and add dream addresses ;')
I am so, so glad I checked, my kingdom can still thrive - I had such a whole idea for this that I was going to use when making an island Journal.

I just checked today after being able to upgrade my house on the other players house, and I am SO happy to say I can use the internet and add dream addresses ;')
I am so, so glad I checked, my kingdom can still thrive - I had such a whole idea for this that I was going to use when making an island Journal.
Glad it worked out for you. 🎉

Is there a limit of how many recipes you can learn from fishing a day? I caught a salmon and learned one recipe; I caught another but didn’t learn any even though I don’t have the salmon bagel recipe.

Is there a limit of how many recipes you can learn from fishing a day? I caught a salmon and learned one recipe; I caught another but didn’t learn any even though I don’t have the salmon bagel recipe.
No there isn't. You can learn everything in one day; just keep catching salmon and you'll learn the rest of the recipes.

So when my house plot becomes vacant, how many days will it take at max before another villager gets it?
I believe it depends on your current town rating. If it’s at 3 stars and above, I would expect a new villager to autofill the plot within a week. From my personal experience, new villagers I got moved into my plots within three days, but it shouldn’t take more than a week in most cases. If it’s at 2 stars, it might take a longer time depending on what other factors are in place that bring it down. 1 star ratings generally do not bring in new villagers until the rating is raised or the villager count drops below a certain number.

Back