• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

BUMP.
Can you post the english names of the KK slider songs?

That purple kangaroo that Josh hated is named Sylvia.

Also, did anyone else see that on the new American AC:NL Website there is a picture of the outside of Katrina's permanent shop on Main Street?

That purple kangaroo that Josh hated is named Sylvia.

Also, did anyone else see that on the new American AC:NL Website there is a picture of the outside of Katrina's permanent shop on Main Street?

We've seen pictures of the outside for a while now so it wasn't that important to really be mentioned earlier.

Im glad it's club "101" and not "lol." Kicks and Re-tail are good names for those shops too!

But did they really change "Kent" to "Digby" because "Kent" sounds too much like "****"?

And Isabelle will always be Shizue in my heart.

It actually is club LOL. Where did you get that it wasn't?

Kent was changed to digby due to some bad slang words

xD Man, I must be out of the loop of slang or in the wrong country because I honestly can't think of any way 'Kent' sounds like something other than a name.

xD Man, I must be out of the loop of slang or in the wrong country because I honestly can't think of any way 'Kent' sounds like something other than a name.

Glad I'm not the only one and I'm not going to be clicking on the link as if it really is something bad, those types of websites usually cause viruses...

Glad I'm not the only one and I'm not going to be clicking on the link as if it really is something bad, those types of websites usually cause viruses...

Yeah I just had to shorten the link because the actual URL had the word "****" in the URL, so instead of going to the Wiki page for ****, it went here.

I prefer MOST of the localised english names over the (translated) japanese names :D

Originally Posted by MisterGameOver
In French Isabelle = Marie who's a play on words with Mairie .
So "city" in English? Wouldn't that have been more appropriate in the Wii title

No, I was wrong: Mairie is the french name of town-hall and Marie is the french name of Isabelle if it's that you ask. :)

It's a pun !! :)

Last edited:
I think Isabelle is cute. I mean I couldn't think of a more used NA name. I think they want it to be relatable for younger players. They most likely know how to say Isabelle over Marie. Isabelle is one of the top 5 names for girls in the USA this year.

Back