• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

Woah I didn't know they were doing a FE/AC crossover. I wonder if Bunnie is joining Chrom's side soon? :p

I didn't understand what you just said, I'm sorry.
I know you're talking about another game though.

I just get "Leif" as an elf because there was a character named "Leaf" in MySims Kingdom that was an elf. :D

Not sure why a lot of people don't seem to like the name Reese. I think it's cute :3 Better than Lisa, personally. Cyrus is a neat name too!

I don't like Reese for the simple fact that I see it as a guys name. Two television characters I can think of were named Reese/Rhys and were both male. I've never heard of a female Reese. That's my only issue with it.

I didn't understand what you just said, I'm sorry.
I know you're talking about another game though.

I just get "Leif" as an elf because there was a character named "Leaf" in MySims Kingdom that was an elf. :D

It was a fire emblem reference.

I think of Leif Ericson every time I see Leif. I get the pun, it makes sense and it's cute, but I can't help but think of Leif Ericson. And then I picture spongebob reading a note from patrick saying Happy Leif Ericson Day and then a bunch of sounds that I cannot type xD

And then I picture spongebob reading a note from patrick saying Happy Leif Ericson Day and then a bunch of sounds that I cannot type xD

xD, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I mean it's not the first thing that pops in my head, but I do think of that almost instantly. lol.
I'm sure Leif as the Sloth will get that out of my head once and for all though YAY! I've already gotten used to Reese, Cyrus, etc.

xD, I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I mean it's not the first thing that pops in my head, but I do think of that almost instantly. lol.
I'm sure Leif as the Sloth will get that out of my head once and for all though YAY! I've already gotten used to Reese, Cyrus, etc.

LOL well I am glad I wasn't the only one, when I first read "leif" on the interview spongebob was the first thing to pop into my head xD
Yeah I figure this game will change my name associations. I still associate Cyrus with Cyrus the Virus from Con Air but I know AC will change that, I hope it will with Leif too. Rhys will be a hard one for me though, I still watch Torchwood reruns, but not Malcolm in the Middle heh.

I really like Leif. All the other names have started to grow on me as well. Really hated Reese when we first heard about her name but now I just think of a happy alpaca from the country.. and I kind of like that. Felt a lot more natural also when someone mentioned Reese Witherspoon. That's the kind of person I think of now when I see the name :p

Yeah, I like the name Reese, personally. I think it's unique and cute.
I couldn't care less whether or not a name is typically "only" a male or female name, there's no reason to try to lock something as arbitrary as a name within the totally relative confines of gender concepts.

Yeah, I like the name Reese, personally. I think it's unique and cute.
I couldn't care less whether or not a name is typically "only" a male or female name, there's no reason to try to lock something as arbitrary as a name within the totally relative confines of gender concepts.

omg pls not dis again

Reese is the female spelling of Reece

Felt a lot more natural also when someone mentioned Reese Witherspoon
there's no reason to try to lock something as arbitrary as a name within the totally relative confines of gender concepts
Reese is the female spelling of Reece

1. OMG HOW did I not think of Reese Witherspoon? I adore her, I think she is gorgeous and she seems like she'd be a total sweetheart! You totally allowed me to flip my thinking and seeing the alpaca as her in animal form, thank you! :)
2. I completely agree, I was simply trying to say I couldn't help but imagine this chubby, unattractive, british bloke from Torchwood every time I saw that name. I was unable to find a connection between him and the alpaca so it put me off. I'm not a fan of his character.
3. I've never seen it spelled Reece. Only Reese and Rhys. News to me, but I personally think Reece looks odd. That's probably just because lower case c doesn't look much different from lower case e so it kinda blends all together.

Im sooooo gonna have problem talking to other people about the game once it's out in US/EU.

Already remember original names from JP version

I love the name Leif, I named an Alt Character on City Folk Leif after reading the Yelena Zaltana series.

I always thought Reece/Reese was a Euro/US split spelling instead of Male/Female. I prefered her as Lisa, but Reese reminds me of Lucahjin, which makes her awesome.

The only problem for me is Kicks. I mean, it could have been Kicks' Shoe Shack or Shoe Shack, but it's just...Kicks. It just feels like there should have been more creativity with the name. Also, Leif doesn't sound that creative either, I personally liked Regie better.

Perfect Fruit sounds like something that came from Harvest Moon, but I'm not complaining.

The only problem for me is Kicks. I mean, it could have been Kicks' Shoe Shack or Shoe Shack, but it's just...Kicks. It just feels like there should have been more creativity with the name. Also, Leif doesn't sound that creative either, I personally liked Regie better.

Perfect Fruit sounds like something that came from Harvest Moon, but I'm not complaining.

I agree with you on the Kicks thing. It does seem sort of weird because it's so plain. The lack of an apostrophe in the title sort of throws me off too - it's just Kicks, not Kicks', which means it's not possessive (as in Kicks' shoe store). It'd be like Tom Nook calling his store Nook.

I like the sound of Kicks' Shoe Shack. However, it occurred to me that most people (myself included) would probably just call it "Kicks'" anyways, haha.

NEW OPINIONS BY HAMUSUTA-CHAN :D

Kent = Digby - I love it :D
Reigi = Leif - This is like the cutest name ever, Leif is my new favorite character :D
Dream Suite tapir = Luna - It SUITES her.... HAYYHAYAHAHYAHYAHAYHAYHAYHA i'm so funny don't lie.

Shoe Shanks = Kicks - Sure.

V No need for name changes, whatever.
Shopping Mall = Main Street - Don't care.
Streetpass Plaza = HH Showcase - Whatever.

Back