• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

they changed shopping mall to main street? ew

Tbh, they are changing everything for no reason. Lots didn't need a name change. Including the shopping mall, and the streetpass plaza, they were fine.

Main Street doesn't sound Main Street to me...
The Strip Mall is much better!

Main Street doesn't sound Main Street to me...
The Strip Mall is much better!

I don't know...Main Street works well for a small town Main Street. Little towns usually have a few stores, the post office, maybe a museum, and whatever else within walking distance. It works for me.

I like main street. It actually sounds like the name of a location. Just saying the shopping mall is like what someone says when they have no idea what the place is actually called. And I like the HH Showcase MUCH better than the Streetpass Plaza. Mentioning Streetpass in an actual name of a location sucks the immersion out for me.

o.o I really don't know why people complain at little cosmetic changes like this. >.> I only get upset at something that sounds really weird. Like Digby.

I don't mind the changes all that much, I think it only bothers some because they were used to the Japanese names.

I like main street. It actually sounds like the name of a location. Just saying the shopping mall is like what someone says when they have no idea what the place is actually called. And I like the HH Showcase MUCH better than the Streetpass Plaza. Mentioning Streetpass in an actual name of a location sucks the immersion out for me.

o.o I really don't know why people complain at little cosmetic changes like this. >.> I only get upset at something that sounds really weird. Like Digby.

People don't like change is why. This happens with Pokemon too when the English names get revealed. Fandoms have this tendency to freak out any time something changes. However, they pretty much always forget it once the games are released in their countries.

I like Main Street better. It gives a much better small town feel when compared to strip mall.

Honestly, if this was the first AC game, people would be complaining that Tom Nook is a stupid name and that Tanukichi is much better, and that Animal Forest is a much better name than Animal Crossing and you would all nitpick at other things.

Is it Club 101 or Club LOL, I've heard both.
Club LOL would make sense considering Dr. Shrunk was a comedian and he still gives private shows if you bring him food, lol. <- SEE?

Is it Club 101 or Club LOL, I've heard both.
Club LOL would make sense considering Dr. Shrunk was a comedian and he still gives private shows if you bring him food, lol. <- SEE?

It honestly can be read anyway. I'd expect some people to call it 101 and others to call it lol.

It will always be club 101 to me. @_@ Club lol sounds really irritating. Mainly because I hate the idea of using text speak outside of text messaging.

Everything sounds alot better but the changing of the Alpaca's names.... -_-

I love that they changed Tapir's name to Luna, Happy Home showcase, and the Main street change. c:

Oh, I'm kind of annoyed that the current poll on the blog says "community projects" and not "public works projects".

You know it wouldn't have been very difficult to PM me about it instead of being rude about it on here.

I agree with you on the Kicks thing. It does seem sort of weird because it's so plain. The lack of an apostrophe in the title sort of throws me off too - it's just Kicks, not Kicks', which means it's not possessive (as in Kicks' shoe store). It'd be like Tom Nook calling his store Nook.

I like the sound of Kicks' Shoe Shack. However, it occurred to me that most people (myself included) would probably just call it "Kicks'" anyways, haha.

I believe it's a play on the slang 'kicks' for shoes. I think it's kind of cute :) I loooooove Leif much more than Reiji.

Back