• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

The name Reese reminds me of Malcom in the Middle... Or Reese's Pieces...

So far some of these names are hit or miss to me. Like I like Isabelle, Nookling Junction, Perfect Fruit, and Re-tail. But Bubblegum K.K, and Club 101?

So far some of these names are hit or miss to me. Like I like Isabelle, Nookling Junction, Perfect Fruit, and Re-tail. But Bubblegum K.K, and Club 101?

Maybe Bubblegum K.K. is referencing Bubblegum pop songs?

K.K. Slider: I am ready to jam and chew bubblegum... And I have plenty of bubblegum, man. Wanna piece?

Is K.K. Bubblegum just his DJ name? Anyways, most of the localization names sound lame (especially Reese and K.K. Bubblegum).

Reese's German name is Rosina, Cyrus is Bj?rn in German and the name of their shop is... "Fund♥Grube"...

What no really? Rosina? I never heard that name here. Sounds like "Rosinen" and Bj?rn seriously? Fund Grube I mean what the...? No why that's sooo ... I havn't words for that. Okay I think Lisa is a name which they can use for the german version and I like it more than Rosina and everything is better than Bj?rn no offens to people with that name <.<

Where do you found this names? ^^

Last edited:
Since we don't have idol groups here it makes sense to change it to the closet thing.

I wasnt too fond of Reese but since someone mentioned it's supposed to be a part of 'recycle' along with Cyrus I don't hate it as much. It's cute even though it's not a perfect match. Was Lisa and Kaizo trying to do the same thing with the japanese word for recycling? Anyone know if that's been mentioned before?

Also there's already Mabel sable and Labelle it's kinda weird they'd have another NPC with a name that ends with an 'el' sound. :/

Reese? This is the kinda stuff they came up after all this time localizing? Did they pick the name out of a hat or something? A pink alpaca named Reese?

I'll probably fall in love with the name 30 minutes into the game, though [X

Re-tail? Nookling's Junction? Why couldn't they keep the originals? I actually like Dream Suite better and I understand the need to change the Japanese names of characters. But really..Re-tail? lol

Reese-cycle is as bad a pun in English as R.Parkers is in Japanese. And Bubblegum K.K. just suits the song.

It makes sense because Lisa or Risa as she is called in Japan is half of Risaikuru- the Japanese word for recycle. It's essentialy the same pun translated- Reese-cyle. And because it saves having to change the logo for R. Parkers.

Back