• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

I fine with new names for the games I'm American and have a hard time with English writing. But I get better each year.

Not a fan of "Re-Tail". I would have preferred R. Parkers with Llamas named something that starts with "R". :p
Probably the only change I like better. Most I don't care about. Besides getting rid of Nook's Cranny... don't like it one bit.

I don't like getting rid of Nook's Cranny also, but Nookling's Junction is really cute and since timmy and tommy runs the store NOOKLING'S fits since they are like little nooks XD
But.. Reese is a weird name... But I suppose we'll get used to it, after all people were even starting to get used to Animal Crossing: Jump out! before the NA title name was released

Recce for me is kinda hard to imagine, because the only Recce I've known is a boy...
The Recycle pun is kinda cool, but why couldn't the boy alpaca be named Recce and Lisa named something like Cyra, or something?:confused: I think Nintendo should have thought about that a little.
Hopefully this isn't her official name, but everything else I'm fine with, so I'll be okay:)

Recce for me is kinda hard to imagine, because the only Recce I've known is a boy...
The Recycle pun is kinda cool, but why couldn't the boy alpaca be named Recce and Lisa named something like Cyra, or something?:confused: I think Nintendo should have thought about that a little.
Hopefully this isn't her official name, but everything else I'm fine with, so I'll be okay:)

Reese*

I get that it's a pun. Yes, I get it. But Isabelle suits Lisa, and Reese suits Shizue better. Urgh.
And Cyrus? REALLY? I have to think of Miley Cyrus every time I go to R. Parkers? And why not keep R. Parkers? It sounds like Alpacas!

I personally like Cyrus haha

Last edited:
I think the worst is the heart in "Fund Grube"... I couldn't believe it, when I saw that...
I found the names in the Doubutsu no Mori Direct from October 5th with German subtitles. It's on YouTube, but I'm not allowed to post links yet.^^

Yes you are right the heart is kinda odd. I don't want this heart in the name but we have to live with Fund Grube.
Ah thanks. I have to watch it a little bit later ^^
Bj?rn and Rosina... well... Melinda isn't very suitable for her either and what's the name of the club again? Club Kalauer? I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

I don't like the english names but the germans are so awful.

Bj?rn and Rosina... well... Melinda isn't very suitable for her either and what's the name of the club again? Club Kalauer? I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

I actually quite like Rosina... Yea Lisa suits her better, but Rosina really isn't too bad... Kaizo to Bj?rn is awful though
I wonder what's the idea behind these names? Reese and Cyrus -> recycle, but Rosina and Bj?rn?

Isabell(e) would have been such a cute name for Shizu (or Melinda... orz), but I guess they couldn't do that since we already have that ostrich named Isabella.

I actually quite like Rosina... Yea Lisa suits her better, but Rosina really isn't too bad... Kaizo to Bj?rn is awful though
I wonder what's the idea behind these names? Reese and Cyrus -> recycle, but Rosina and Bj?rn?

Isabell(e) would have been such a cute name for Shizu (or Melinda... orz), but I guess they couldn't do that since we already have that ostrich named Isabella.
Club Kalauer means Club Corny Joke, which is Dr. Shrunk's specialty.

So, I mentioned earlier that I hate the Italian name for Shizue (Fuffi - pronounced FooFFee)... unfortunately I hadn't watched the 45' Direct with Italian subs.

Seriously guys, I must repeat myself, DON'T COMPLAIN because AC fans over here will have to get used to:

Lisa = Alpaca (WTF? an alpaca named Alpaca? How dumb is that?)
Kaizo = Merino (WHAT? Like Merino sheeps? He's not a sheep -.- good Lord)
R. Parker = Ricicla e Ricrea (Recycle and Remake... dumb and dumber)
Club 444 = Club LOL (oh man...)

Also, I don't like how they named the street pass model home quarter (Quartiere Sbirciacase - the latter being a non-existant word, made by joining the Italian words for "homes" and "peek").

Enough?

So, I mentioned earlier that I hate the Italian name for Shizue (Fuffi - pronounced FooFFee)... unfortunately I hadn't watched the 45' Direct with Italian subs.

Seriously guys, I must repeat myself, DON'T COMPLAIN because AC fans over here will have to get used to:

Lisa = Alpaca (WTF? an alpaca named Alpaca? How dumb is that?)
Kaizo = Merino (WHAT? Like Merino sheeps? He's not a sheep -.- good Lord)
R. Parker = Ricicla e Ricrea (Recycle and Remake... dumb and dumber)
Club 444 = Club LOL (oh man...)

Also, I don't like how they named the street pass model home quarter (Quartiere Sbirciacase - the latter being a non-existant word, made by joining the Italian words for "homes" and "peek").

Enough?

Yeah seriously, Alpaca LOL

also Club 101 - Club LOL because the 101 is meant to look like lol but that's funny

Back