• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Leaf English Localisation Terms (New Names Revealed April 11th)

That makes the name a lot more tolerable. Didn't think of it in that sense.
(In response to McRibbles's post)

Nookling's Junction is not called Nook's Cranny in Japan. Nook's Cranny wasn't even called Nook's Cranny in Japan.

What no really? Rosina? I never heard that name here. Sounds like "Rosinen" and Bj?rn seriously? Fund Grube I mean what the...? No why that's sooo ... I havn't words for that. Okay I think Lisa is a name which they can use for the german version and I like it more than Rosina and everything is better than Bj?rn no offens to people with that name <.<

Where do you found this names? ^^
I think the worst is the heart in "Fund Grube"... I couldn't believe it, when I saw that...
I found the names in the Doubutsu no Mori Direct from October 5th with German subtitles. It's on YouTube, but I'm not allowed to post links yet.^^

After reading through all the comments, I've warmed up to the names Reese and Cyrus, especially since they hint at the word recycle :3 I really enjoy little pun type things like that xD
and I don't mind the name Re-Tail anymore either. It's kinda cute.

Everything else is fine too.... it all makes enough sense :I

The only change that really bothers me is "Nooklings Junction." Eugh.

I, for one, am not at all affronted by "Reese," "Cyrus," "Re-Tail," or "Isabelle." You'd need to be wicked naive to ever believe that "R. Parkers" or "Shizue" would ever make it untranslated.

I don't like the name Reese. Especially for a girl. Lisa suited her much better, but I guess her name doesn't really matter. Isabelle isn't too bad, and Nooklings Junction doesn't sound too nasty either.

Names and all that don't bother me but what I don't understand is what the **** is the point in all these tiny changes?

Pun or not, I liked her as Lisa before. She just doesn't look like a Reese. Her new name will definitely take some time to get used to.

Reese is such a **** name sorry Lisa was fine

yeah I thought that was really dumb. I don't think I'll be calling her Reese.

I'm also really upset they didn't keep the name as R. Parker's. The pun still works in English. Why?!

I don't like Isabelle AT ALL because I was going to name my town Isabella FML!!!!!!!! I will call her Fuffi or something like someone else said lol... But really? What kind of luck do you need to have to have this sort of thing happen? I also don't like Perfect Fruit, it just doesn't make as much sense as delicious, I am sure anyone would call a fruit Delicious before calling it Perfect.. I will just remain to call them Delicious fruit, and I will still call Re-Tail R. Parkers, and I will call Reese Lisa, and so on.. I really don't mind K.K. Bubblegum for some reason, it fits... well in my mind anyway. I might get used to their translations and call them the new names but I do like Dream Suite more and will be calling it that. Just so excited for this game!! Another 114 days to go...

They can name them MUD for all I care... I just wish the game was here already.. lol

I wonder what the fish/bug puns are going to be translated into.

I wonder if Weed Day will change for NA, because it's on my birthday and I dun like sharing.

The only thing I can really see them changing about weed day is the name, if anything.

xD Luckily for me my birthday has yet to have a holiday pegged to it. Just Sterling's birthday.

Guys, Reese was NOT confirmed as an English name. It was simply translated that way from the Japanese Direct. In this thread we established that the Japanese translated names aren't the same as the ones in the English versions, correct? Look long and hard, Reese was not mentioned in either the NA or EU Direct. It's simply a more proper translation from Lisa's Japanese name. Lisa is just "English-ized"

Back