• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

*NEW REWARDS UP* Club Nintendo shutting down

Everytime someone posts here I think there are new rewards.

I was actually going to come in here to say the exact same thing, haha.

I feel like if the rewards did get added to, I'd be furious if the Robin poster came up, mainly because I just wouldn't be able to buy it, and bought a different Smash poster set because the one with Robin never came up.

Maybe that can be a Platinum reward. ;;

I expect most of the rewards to be digital. They might put up left over stock as a physical rewards though. I have no idea what I'd want to get. Maybe just a digital game.

I expect most of the rewards to be digital. They might put up left over stock as a physical rewards though. I have no idea what I'd want to get. Maybe just a digital game.

It is going to be just divital games. They mentioned it on their website in the "Help" section for Platinum 2015 rewards.

At this point, I would say that any game developed by Nintendo that didn't made to the February 2015 update is a safe bet for 2015 Platinum and Gold rewards. It's still anyone guess on which ones will actually appear next month.

You have 2-3 days left to register all of your games and then get a chance to fill a Post-Play survey for each. Register them any later than March 24th and you won't be able to fill those Post-Play surveys that would yield you 10 coins each. Hurry up!

oops I forgot to fill out 5 post-play surveys and they expired
which reward(s) should i get? i think i'll have 400 coins when i register my wii. i don't really care about any of the rewards since the only thing i liked was the playing cards which i couldn't afford

Last edited:
oops I forgot to fill out 5 post-play surveys and they expired
which reward(s) should i get? i think i'll have 400 coins when i register my wii. i don't really care about any of the rewards since the only thing i liked was the playing cards which i couldn't afford

I'll assume that you own just a Wii and a 3DS.

For the Wii, I can easily recommend these games:

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 (200)
[NES] Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (200)
[SNES] The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (250)
[SNES] Pilotwings (250)
[SNES] Super Mario Kart (250)
[SNES] Super Metroid (250)
[SNES] Super Punch-Out!! (250)
[N64] 1080 Snowboarding (250)
[N64] F-Zero X (250)
[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (250)
[N64] Mario Golf (250)
[N64] Mario Kart 64 (250)
[N64] Mario Party 2 (250)
[N64] Mario Tennis (250)
[N64] Paper Mario (250)
[N64] Star Fox 64 (250)
[N64] Super Mario 64 (250)
[N64] Super Smash Bros. (250)

All SNES and N64 titles require a Classic Controller attached to a Wii Remote.

As for 3DS, here are my recommendations:

[GB] Donkey Kong (150)
[GB] Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters (150)
[GB] Mario's Picross (150)
[GB] Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (150)
[GBC] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (200)
[GBC] Mario Golf (200)
[GBC] Wario Land 2 (200)
[NES] The Legend of Zelda (200)
[NES] Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (200)
[3DS] 3D Classics: Kid Icarus (200)

can you play virtual console games with a gamecube controller instead?

Of course you can, provided that your Wii isn't the Family Edition one (the one that are manufactured after May 2010). If that console have GameCube Controller ports and Memory Card ports, you should be good to go.

This thread needs to be bumped for a friendly reminder for North American members of Club Nintendo.

Today is your last day for you to generate Post-Play surveys a week after registering games. If you do it now, don't forget to fill the Post-Play surveys appearing in March 31st. If you end up doing between March 25th and 31st, these surveys won't ever appear before Club Nintendo stops letting you gaining more coins and prevent new members from registering.

If you have any 3DS system and register to Club Nintendo before that deadline, you will be eligible to receive a download code for Flipnote Studio 3D. Claim it before Club Nintendo shuts down and use it before July 31st.

Keep in mind that you can still spend coins that you've already accumulated in case you haven't decided on which reward to invest on it, until June 30th at 11:59 PM PDT. If you've attained a Platinum or Gold rank for having racked up at least 600 and 300 coins respectively this Club Nintendo year, don't forget to redeem for a Platinum/Gold reward between April 1st and 30th. You have a lot of time even if the first week appears to be down due of having way too many people trying to claim their rewards.

Ugh... it appears I will be 5 coins short of my next reward. Hopefully that isn't the case, but none of the suggested free 3DS downloads seem to be giving the coins that they should. Any suggestions?

Also, it sounds like we'll be getting our Mewtwo DLC soon.

Ugh... it appears I will be 5 coins short of my next reward. Hopefully that isn't the case, but none of the suggested free 3DS downloads seem to be giving the coins that they should. Any suggestions?

[...]

Just purchase any game that is released before January 20th 2015. You can also try purchasing a game for less than $3 if you're not fond of throwing a lot of your money away.

Last edited:
Just purchase any game that is released before January 20th 2015. You can also try purchasing a game for less than $3 if you're not fond of throwing a lot of your money away.
Yeah I'd do this or you might be able to find a really low point code in the TBT club nintendo marketplace.

Yeah I'd do this or you might be able to find a really low point code in the TBT club nintendo marketplace.

Good idea!

To be honest, I thought I would be fine because I bought Dr. Mario (dsiware, $5) more than a week ago but I never saw a post play survey for that (or even an initial coin survey). How do you know which downloads give coins?

Good idea!

To be honest, I thought I would be fine because I bought Dr. Mario (dsiware, $5) more than a week ago but I never saw a post play survey for that (or even an initial coin survey). How do you know which downloads give coins?

Club Nintendo said:
Starting on April 7, 2014, any newly registered Nintendo DS or Wii games (both retail and digital copies) will continue to receive product registration surveys, but no longer be eligible for 10-coin post-play surveys. In addition, starting on April 7, the deadline to complete newly earned post-play surveys for all games will be 30 days after they are issued.

I think it also applies to DSiWare, WiiWare and Virtual Console on Wii. So, your Dr. Mario Express won't give you any coin since it didn't have the registration survey in first place. Since you can't get more Post-Play surveys anymore at this point, you're better off getting any game from 3DS/Wii U that isn't a part of Virtual Console to guarantee yourself at least 5 coins right off the bat.

For more information about eligible products, click here. It lists which games will give you a registration survey and how many coins they'll give you.

I got post plays for Mario Galaxy, and other Wii games...

Yeah I registered a Wii game this month, Warioland Shake It, and got the post play survey.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good idea!

Probably a dumb question, but are you sure you have your Club Nintendo account linked to your system?

Last edited:
Yeah I registered a Wii game this month, Warioland Shake It, and got the post play survey.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Probably a dumb question, but are you sure you have your Club Nintendo account linked to your system?

Yup! My Dr. Mario download definitely showed up on my account. I also recently verified the link before downloading all those free games for free coins. My issue is that most of those don't seem to be giving coins anymore- I only got 5 coins for pokemon bank. I am hoping that tomorrow (it'll be a week by that point) I will see some other post-play surveys pop up for the other games I downloaded, but I think it's a long shot.

Fingers crossed! If I don't get enough coins tomorrow, I'll be offering tbt for basically any download.

This morning, Club Nintendo sent me an email just to say my Super Smash Bros. Soundtrack CD has been shipped. It took a long while for it to be shipped, probably due of an inventory issue at NOA. I think I'll receive it after Easter.

I just got the Smash Soundtrack CD today even though I expected it to arrive in a week or so. And it seemed suspicious to me already. It was poorly delivered with no shock protection whatsoever, just with a miserable ecologic plastic bag. The quality of the case is also super flimsy. This lead to have a few visible cracks on both sides of the case, and I even managed to break a part of it while getting both of the CDs out without even trying. And that's a few years after receiving the perfectly fine Majora's Mask Soundtrack CD. Good job, Nintendo.

Back