• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

New Update Coming 4/28!

So if I didn’t play the event last year then I will receive the briefcase this year and miss out on Rover’s picture? If true that’s very disappointing. I have the briefcase because I kept some stuff from my original island, I would much rather have the 2021 prize.

So if I didn’t play the event last year then I will receive the briefcase this year and miss out on Rover’s picture? If true that’s very disappointing. I have the briefcase because I kept some stuff from my original island, I would much rather have the 2021 prize.
Who knows? Maybe it could be triggered by having the briefcase in your catalogue and not by having done the previous maze. Let us know!

Who knows? Maybe it could be triggered by having the briefcase in your catalogue and not by having done the previous maze. Let us know!
Let me clear this up. If you didn't play the May Day event last year then you would always get Rover's Briefcase. So this is probably a situation where this is only for returning players who played the event last year that they will get
Rover's Photo
whereas the new players will only get Rover's Briefcase when they didn't play the event last year.

However, if you wanted to get Rover's Briefcase again because you maybe lost it and you played the event last year, you can make a new user on your island and since they never played the May Day event you can get still get Rover's Briefcase. The sad news is that its a one day only event so once you complete it there is no way to like replay it again or time travel back to the 2020 version since its been removed. Hope this clears up the confusion.

I just completed the maze, and it was the updated one so I was hopeful that I would get the 2021 prize but no, he said he would mail me the briefcase. No mention of the new prize. I’m sad now.

I just completed the maze, and it was the updated one so I was hopeful that I would get the 2021 prize but no, he said he would mail me the briefcase. No mention of the new prize. I’m sad now.
Oh dear you didn't play the event last year so you got the Briefcase. Thats unfortunate :(

Oh dear you didn't play the event last year so you got the Briefcase. Thats unfortunate :(

Yeah :( I played it on my first island but my current island was started in January 2021 so yeah... oh well. maybe I can trade or buy the new prize later :)

I'm disappointed by this update, but I'll say no more. I did notice it didn't get a trailer though, I wonder if there's a chance of something else coming sooner?

Either way, I need something substantial to pull me back in. I haven't played in a while and I was hoping the update for Spring would be big but it's not enough to get me playing again.

I’m trying to keep my expectations low, but ngl, the discovery of the cafe entrance and the extra museum floor got me excited like 🤩 Xs a lot. And the little food items (even if there are only a few) have peaked my interest very much.

I’m trying to keep my expectations low, but ngl, the discovery of the cafe entrance and the extra museum floor got me excited like 🤩 Xs a lot. And the little food items (even if there are only a few) have peaked my interest very much.
Yeah food items sounds pretty cool. If it's legit, I hope ice cream cones are in there to. It would work good for a summer-wave...-esque update on account that popsicles and icecream are summer treats.

I am excited about the datamine!

I absolutely LOVE the changes they made with villager dialogue in this update. Holy crap just that little tweak they made makes a huge difference in interaction.
I don't know if it's because of the update, but like two days ago I finally got my villagers talking about different things and on a few occasions. It was so refreshing not hearing them regurgitate what I did, wore, am holding, or where they are in the vicinity of.

I don't know if it's because of the update, but like two days ago I finally got my villagers talking about different things and on a few occasions. It was so refreshing not hearing them regurgitate what I did, wore, am holding, or where they are in the vicinity of.

I was getting really tired of that too. I heard with this update they rearranged the order of what our villagers say, so perhaps a lot of the more interesting dialogue was hidden behind the bland, boring stuff they would say when you first interacted with them a few times then got bored and walked away. I interacted with the majority of my villagers after the update and I got unique dialogue for them all that made them seem a lot more interesting and charming.

Yes. They actually changed how dialogued is pulled, so it makes their dialogues more varied now. I talked to Audie several times and I swear I haven't read most of the peppy dialogue she said. And I had several Peppy villagers throughout 2020.

Yes. They actually changed how dialogued is pulled, so it makes their dialogues more varied now. I talked to Audie several times and I swear I haven't read most of the peppy dialogue she said. And I had several Peppy villagers throughout 2020.
Wow....so they actually did change the villager dialogue. For a while I was talking with my villagers and they were all saying different things and not the same boring dialogue like they used to say before. Could this be Nintendo finally listening? I feel like my villagers are starting to show life now.

Oh cool!!! I played yesterday after reading yet another thread of disappointed people regarding the dialogue and how the 3 first sentences are always the same (which I agreed with) and I was like "wait a minute, this actually isn't so bad"... I thought about opening a thread about it but I was afraid I was imagining things and I would hype people up for nothing haha
I'm so glad it's a real thing, it definitely made a noticeable difference to me!!! I also got 2/3 dialogues where they asked me a question, which is super refreshing because I rarely talk more than 3 times a day to each of my villagers so I almost never get mini games or them asking me stuff...

Back