• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo Direct February 13th 2PM PST

they just end up showing the logo at the very last second of the direct

nothing else, not even a seasonal or set release timeframe or "coming soon" message

Reminds me of this at the very end of their E3 2011 show:

E3-2011-Photos-0345.JPG

We spent the whole presentation waiting for an AC 3DS trailer with nothing to show for it, and then at the very end they drop the logo on this giant array of games with nothing else. Felt so duped. And shoved off to the corner next to FIFA nonetheless.

And then the trailer just silently dropped on their YouTube channel like half an hour later...

It's very telling of how much things have changed for the series since then, when it's now one of the most anticipated releases and they would never do something like that now.

Worth noting this was the very first 'real' trailer for the game too, other than a 5 second clip before, and they still gave it that treatment.

I even remember someone saying that New Leaf when it was revealed during E3 2010 was just a test to how the 3DS worked. And of course, I believed it. I was surprised to know that it’s an actual working title.

You know, if New Keaf released in 2011, we would have gotten AC Wii U (Not Amiibo Festival) in 2015, and finally, AC Switch in 2019.

Oh man, reading Justins post brought back the worst memories from E3 2012. Spent the whole blasted thing waiting for them to mention New Leaf and finally give us a release date, but nothing ever came. It wasn't even mentioned outside of the material in their press kit. I remember talking with my siblings about it and how we were all basically going through the stages of grief. And on top of that, their E3 presentation didn't even show anything interesting.

It wasn't until the Direct in early 2013 that we finally got the info, months after the game had already launched in Japan. A playlist had been updated the night before, which gave everyone an early heads up that news was coming.

Oh man, reading Justins post brought back the worst memories from E3 2012. Spent the whole blasted thing waiting for them to mention New Leaf and finally give us a release date, but nothing ever came. It wasn't even mentioned outside of the material in their press kit. I remember talking with my siblings about it and how we were all basically going through the stages of grief. And on top of that, their E3 presentation didn't even show anything interesting.

It wasn't until the Direct in early 2013 that we finally got the info, months after the game had already launched in Japan. A playlist had been updated the night before, which gave everyone an early heads up that news was coming.

Yeah, I was the one who found that playlist leak!! Too bad they're smarter than that now.

And E3 2012 was a disaster. We got Sweet Day though, so there's that......

^^ 7 hours is not a few hours lol

I'm excited to hear about Animal Crossing and Pokemon! Especially AC, since they brought it up all the way back in September and never mentioned it again. My friend said there have also been rumors about a new SMM game? That might be interesting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also PLEASE TALK ABOUT LUGGYS MANSION 3 THANK U NONTENDOOO

Yeah, I was the one who found that playlist leak!! Too bad they're smarter than that now.

And E3 2012 was a disaster. We got Sweet Day though, so there's that......

Let us not forget E3 2008... That was more than just a disaster.

^^ 7 hours is not a few hours lol

I'm excited to hear about Animal Crossing and Pokemon! Especially AC, since they brought it up all the way back in September and never mentioned it again. My friend said there have also been rumors about a new SMM game? That might be interesting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also PLEASE TALK ABOUT LUGGYS MANSION 3 THANK U NONTENDOOO

As history goes, Pok?mon more than likely won't be in the Direct. Game Freak likes to handle the announcements of their games on their own. That said, Pok?mon Day is later this month, and since new Pok?mon generations typically get announced in January/February, things are looking good.

Let us not forget E3 2008... That was more than just a disaster.

Cammy Dunaway was a national treasure.

One that not even Nicholas Cage would think about stealing.

Things do flip around. Pokemon wise, if it is in the Direct, it'll mainly be a teaser, most likely the next regional professor telling us we'll be seeing them real soon, hinting at a later Direct down the road. Cue titles for the next games.

Things do flip around. Pokemon wise, if it is in the Direct, it'll mainly be a teaser, most likely the next regional professor telling us we'll be seeing them real soon, hinting at a later Direct down the road. Cue titles for the next games.

The thing is, Pokemon just isn't wholly owned by Nintendo. Game Freak/The Pokemon Company/Creatures Inc. are the majority rights holders when it comes to the franchise. Nintendo does own some stock in it, but it is largely handled by its own parent company, and they have always operated interdependently of Nintendo.

Them holding a big press event last year before E3 to announce Pokemon Let's Go is evidence enough that nothing has changed on that front.

Could they announce that a Pokemon Direct is coming? Absolutely. Would there be anything more than that? Absolutely not. Game Freak isn't going to share the spotlight with Nintendo, nor is Nintendo going to allow anything they announce this evening to be overshadowed by discussions of a coming Pokemon Direct.

Last edited:
that early text box sure is something

also, random thought, but it'd be rather humorous timing if we got an actual trailer and they showed off new flower breeds and/or colors in it

The scrapped tree design is definitely the most striking difference IMO.

The scrapped tree design is definitely the most striking difference IMO.

I would love for them to go back to that. I always really liked how crisp the early graphics for the game looked. Not that New Leaf was an eyesore or anything, but the changes were drastic enough.

Double post, apologies

Last edited:
also, random thought, but it'd be rather humorous timing if we got an actual trailer and they showed off new flower breeds and/or colors in it
Breaking News: Flower week gets extended thanks to Animal Crossing [insert actual title of the game here]

I think we are getting more fruit because pocket camp for three new ones. And pocket camp has made new flowers too along with furniture so i think whatever they added to pocket camp should be in the switch, its only fair.

Back