• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

nintendo has (finally) confirmed that there is new acnh content in the works!

If Lottie is returning, I hope it can bring HHD features. Designing the villagers' interiors would be the cherry on top for this game.

omggg that would be the CUTEST thing ever. that would make it to where people could design all their villagers' homes according to their island theme ugh now im gonna drool over that lol!! a little HHD shop function where you could work "part time" or something would be so fun.

omggg that would be the CUTEST thing ever. that would make it to where people could design all their villagers' homes according to their island theme ugh now im gonna drool over that lol!! a little HHD shop function where you could work "part time" or something would be so fun.
Or like being able to rotate and move furniture with the click and drag outside (to a certain distance on screen) This is all wishful thinking though and I am not holding my breath.

Thanks for sharing this! <3 I somehow missed AC World's tweet for the article on my dashboard.

"Activities" is a keyword I like to hear, especially if it means *new* activities (or a feature being carried over from ACNL). I hope they add Brewster soon; I cannot see them excluding him for much longer, especially since so many have enjoyed his presence in previous AC titles. Maybe in a northern hemisphere fall/winter update? I also hope Gracie comes back as a Nook's Cranny upgrade, not as the annoying "mash A to clean my car" minigame from the og AC (I say this because NH features island visitors regularly, and I'd hate to see Gracie revert back to being a random visitor who just needs her car cleaned). There was evidence of a future store upgrade in the datamines, so hopefully that update isn't too far away. And while on the topic of datamines, I really want them to add ceiling furniture! I need some fancy chandeliers in my haunted mansion!

Even though I don't think they've given up with the game this soon, it's reassuring to hear that from an official source, and it's ESPECIALLY reassuring to hear that they're planning new activities for the game (which makes sense, as there's a load of interesting new stuff turning up in the datamines recently that backs this statement up)

I'm hoping that this also proves my vague idea of how updates work is true, with the first year being dedicated to the more basic stuff like holidays, the second year being dedicated to fancier stuff like Brewster and Tortimer island, and the third year being dedicated to the most fancy of stuff such as a city island (because I honestly don't think your island's going to become cluttered with shops anymore, and I also don't want multiple NPCs smooshed into the same building like in NL)... but we're honestly going to have to wait until sometime next month to find out!

I feel like people are being English professors in here trying to analyze word usage, lol.
Sometimes the curtains are just blue because they are, there's no deeper meaning.

Bowser saying new activities does not necessarily mean anything, guys. Don't get enthusiastic about something only to end up feeling incredibly disappointed when the updates consist of bug fixes and new items for holidays. Y'all gotta remember during interviews, people are not prepared to give certain scripted responses, they're not thinking people are going to go around dismantling and dissecting their every word.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I just really want more store upgrades, and some old NPCs to return. I miss Copper and Booker, but I don't really know what purpose they'd serve here. I liked Brewster too.

More store upgrades would be nice, and hopefully more furniture sets. It's too bad we don't have Roccoco stuff here, and more big chess pieces. Those were my favorite!

I'm cautiously optimistic. I just really want more store upgrades, and some old NPCs to return. I miss Copper and Booker, but I don't really know what purpose they'd serve here. I liked Brewster too.

More store upgrades would be nice, and hopefully more furniture sets. It's too bad we don't have Roccoco stuff here, and more big chess pieces. Those were my favorite!

ughhh copper and booker!!! :( I feel so sad they didn't implement them as airport police officers/airport security! that would've been a perfect role for them, and it wouldn't have taken up much space. I feel really sad about about that, it would've been perfect and so adorable. PLUS they'd be able to be together again and not be just one or the other!

also -- the fact that they couldn't have at least given the mail pelicans like a small booth in the airport for mail or something?? I used to send mail ALL of the time in all other games because I really liked the post office and thought it was cute. the post card thing isn't cute to me at all, and it feels so lame, I never send mail in NH. but unfortunately I highly doubt they'd ever bring that function back.

it's the usual canned PR response they use because they know their fanbase tends to treat vague corporate filler like a creative writing prompt. and it's very clear how the game industry operates now. when you aren't shown consistent updates to a game's content, that is because there aren't consistent plans for consistent updates. nintendo directs treat the most irrelevant updates as major news for any other game, so i don't believe they would intentionally not capitalize on that trend if there was something the fans could get hyped about.

i'm sure they'll do something at some point. with any real consistency? if that were the case, it'd be a little less metroid prime 4 and more super smash. lol

Not sure what's shocking people about this. E3 was about getting information about these new titles and ports out there and selling the pre-orders, not making more people want to buy a game they sold a crap ton of a year ago. If you want to argue for AC because of Smash having a presence, they've already sold a lot of the DLC attached to the new fighter roster rollout which is why they are still obligated to work on it. With Animal Crossing they just left it at 'Free updates for two years' and made no promises on how big those updates would be. That being said I do think people are rightfully expecting a bigger update this Summer, it's been a while and last Summer had one. Sounds like dataminers are showing we're getting a cafe and perhaps cooking attached to the cafe. If Katrina is present she's coming in October I'd think?

I do think at this point what needs to come rather than a new cafe with Brewster is more stuff to do with visiting friends or something similar to the island in New Leaf.

I think if they ever do end up replicating the tours to have something to do with friends it's just going to be hopping in a plane with Wilbur and replicating some of the past mini games with maybe one or two new ones and that they won't implement any new reward system like medals and instead just give winners varying amounts of nook mile points. And call it a day.

I think the perfect final update for this game aside from the store upgrades and gyroids would be an island that you can go to like Tortimer Island to play mini-games with other people and that Kapp’n takes you there through your dock. But, unlike New Leaf with just Tortimer and Kappn’s family on the island, it’s much bigger similar to the city in City Folk and on the island you’ll find the missing NPCs with Brewster’s cafe, Club LOL, Gracie’s store and Katrina’s tent. Also on the island, you get to meet other animals like in City Folk and your previous villagers that will recognize you like in New Leaf’s Main Street.

Some might say that it’s just adding back the old stuff but I think the base game already introduced enough new stuff with the terraforming, crafting, outside decorations, and villager hunting that all it really needs is to bring back everything that we had before. This probably won’t happen but one can always hope😆

I feel like Doug Bowser mentioning "the 33 million people" (who play ACNH) sounds like maybe the updates will be significant since it's acknowledging the popularity of the game and how many people are waiting on the game updates.

Although, Nintendo is unpredictable, so who knows... I'm just thinking: maybe since they finally released all of the holiday events that weren't included at launch, we can start to have some different updates now?

Back