• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

nintendo has (finally) confirmed that there is new acnh content in the works!

Hopefully the next "big update" will have Zelda Amiibo characters and items return =[
Sanrio was in March so I thought they'd be out around this time

People are allowed to discuss how they feel. Whether the outcome is obvious or not. Nothing wrong with having some hope. If it bothers you, you can always block or skip the thread.

Relax, it's not that serious. It's just funny how the ACNH E3 thread was complete doomer mode, and Nintendo comes out and reassures fans basically the following day.

I am very relieved to see that the game isn't going to be abandoned! I don't have very high hopes for the future of ACNH, I would honestly prefer a New Leaf port to the Switch but time will tell what happens to NH. I don't think it is a terrible game, but I don't want to get my hopes up for the missing content returning only to receive a few minor items in the next update. Terraforming and tedious design isn't my thing, so here's hoping to Brewster and perhaps the return of some other NPCS as well. I used to think it would be crazy if we were to only get 1 nooks upgrade and only 2 stores total, but it would seem that is the direction this game is taking.

It's great to get official confirmation, but I'll still keep my expectations low. The last time I got my hopes up after an announcement for another game, their idea of 'exciting news' turned out not to be the much-awaited sequel to the game we'd played, nor any DLC, but them porting the same game to a dying console.

That being said... I would really love to have something new in the game, other than the odd bit of new furniture here and there.

Do we know yet if every holiday will be the same as last year's? If the activity is different or if there are new seasonal items, that may be what they are referring to as new and fun activities to engage with. I mean, what if they just add a multi player aspect to that?

Do we know yet if every holiday will be the same as last year's? If the activity is different or if there are new seasonal items, that may be what they are referring to as new and fun activities to engage with. I mean, what if they just add a multi player aspect to that?
Well all the other events from last year are basically the same so probably.

We don't really know. They did tweak a few things and added new furniture with Bunny Day & Wedding Month. so I guess it may be possible that they will do the same with other holidays. Maybe more raffle items in the Fireworks Festival, return of the Creepy set for Halloween... we can't tell.

I am glad that they at least commented on the situation. Hopefully "activities" will mean something like mini games down the road but we'll see.

Speaking of adding items for the fireworks show... I just realized that roman candles aren't in NH. I know they're similar to sparklers but we've had both in the past so maybe they'll add them back.

The fact they specifically said new activities actually has me somewhat excited. I didn't think they were going to completely abandon the game so soon, but this makes me happy. Before anyone comes at me saying "iTs JuSt Pr StUfF" let me have hope and again, they were more specific than just "updates", so consider that

Hopefully the next "big update" will have Zelda Amiibo characters and items return =[
Sanrio was in March so I thought they'd be out around this time
This. I actually just bought an 8-Bit Link amiibo today since that was the final Zelda character I needed to have all four, despite not even knowing when the villagers will arrive 😂

Also even though Aonuma said there will be no Zelda 35th campaign, it would only make sense to drop the villagers this year.

Hmmm, I'm still keeping my expectations very low. Like the lowest they have ever been. 😂

I don't expect much from whatever is coming next. I'm at the point where I don't even care, and I'm just going to keep playing the game for what it is. It's nice to know they haven't completely abandoned the game, like I honestly thought they had after no E3 mention.

So they realized the backlash was enormous when there was nothing at E3 to show for Animal Crossing and they decided to release a statement to "reassure" fans on the following day. How about you include that in the presentation and reassure them on the spot instead of leaving them feeling like they've been slapped to the face? Lmao, I just don't understand anymore what the hell they're doing.

On the other hand, I have no expectations for these "fun and new activities to engage with" since it's clear what's fun for them isn't what most players would consider as such. I stopped playing every day four months ago or so and they still haven't released anything that's made me want to play more than two days in a row. Can't wait for the "new" Fireworks season.

I think it's funny there was so much outrage over acnh getting no mention in E3 when really, it's going to receive its own little direct thingie. Like if there was ever any real doubt. It's just a matter of time. I get people are fed up with waiting for the "BIG" update, and it's great to share our opinions/hopes/dreams for a franchise we care about, but seeing the sheer amount of sorrow and anger that came about it (and still kind of is) was still funny to me.

It's like Nintendo realized "oh that's right...acnh is still a thing we're doing. Let's make a quick mention of it."

Needless to say, I'll be keeping my expectations devastatingly low with this one, as I have been with every "new and exciting" update aka stuff that should have already been in the base game.

I think they've already used the word 'activities' many times in their tweets , and it seems to mean shaking trees for resources, chopping for bamboo, fishing and bug hunting, farming pumpkins, and diy hunting. The 'new', 'fun', and 'engage' parts have me curious though. So apparently we're getting new activities aside from these. If nook shopping is considered an activity, then that should hopefully mean we aren't getting only seasonal shopping items.

I'm not really answering your question but, allow me to list down the stuff that were discovered in the recent datamine (ver1.10).
  • Evidence of fence customization
    • mRemakeFence and mRemakeFenceScale were added to the bymls. "Remake" indicates customization.
    • My thoughts: If they expanded and gave us more options for customization, then that's going to be A LOT of work with redecorating my island. I have hundreds of fences...
  • Evidence of museum cafe
    • IdrMuseumEnt03 and IdrMuseumCafe are now in the indoor camera params. This basically means that there are camera settings for an indoor cafe, just like how every building have their own camera settings.
    • My thoughts: In New Leaf, we can work at the cafe. I hope we can do it again.
  • New unused tool strings
    • SpnR (SpanneR), DStk (DishStack), GlDr (Glass Drink), Cnut (Coconut), Pitc (Pitcher), Trwl (Trowel), STWN, CoCa, TaDr, and SnBa. The last 4 strings are currently unidentified. But to put it simply, these are basically objects that villagers & NPCs can hold.
  • "Business Mode"
    • There's a dummy code in the wardrobe eventflow for "BusinessMode" ( flow DummyDemo_BusinessMode ). Currently unused, but I believe this points to villagers changing to specific outfits, much like how they change outfits when it rains or when working out.
    • My thoughts: Few months ago, I posted something about earlier datamined info where villagers wearing hospital, school and swimming gear were found in the code. It might be related to this. With the evidence of the cafe, the unused tool strings, and this one, I have a theory that villagers may be having part-time jobs such as working on a cafe or being a mechanic, gardener, etc. Or they simply are given more activities. If my part-time job theory is real, I hope this extends to us too.
  • New cooking related stuff
    • CookingRecipeID was removed from ItemParam, and CaptureCookingIcon was added. mFoodPowerN and mFoodPowerT are in the bymls. Currently unknown what this does.
    • My thoughts: Last year in Turkey Day, we thought we can finally cook. Maybe this time we finally can. There's also the remaining crops that are yet to be added (Tomato, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Potato, Carrot).
  • Older bits of datamined info
    • Lottie had her melody parameters (the jingle that plays when you talk to them) updated several updates ago. The Sanrio characters also had their melody parameter updated shortly before they were added back.
    • Katrina and Shrunk had their params updated, much like Brewster.
    • The Shrunk Funk Shuffle reaction is in the code. There was also mention of unused code of Shrunk teaching reactions to the player.
Currently, there are no evidence of Kapp'n and other missing NPCs, gyroids, new islands, multiplayer games, and returning furniture. But only time will tell.

Thanks for the reminder. If there is a v2.0-like update, it sounds like it could be great if it's implementing all from that list. If Lottie is returning, I hope it can bring HHD features. Designing the villagers' interiors would be the cherry on top for this game.

Looking forward to the next summer update, which I assume will be sometime in July

To not risk any further disappointments I’ll go ahead assuming he means seasonal items you have to order per mail.
That way I won’t be as disappointed if it comes true or pleasantly surprised if it’s something bigger lol

All I want from Nintendo is transparency. Tell us if we’ll see beloved features from past games come back in future. Tell us if we’ll get an actual multiplayer. Idc if they give us dates to expect them on, I just want them to be clear about what their plans are.

Tbh tho, no matter if they give us substantial updates in the future I think the fact that they released an incomplete game and have barely communicated with us has ruined the player experience for way too many people.

Back