• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

nintendo has (finally) confirmed that there is new acnh content in the works!

I'm staying neutral on this. As excited and hopeful I am about the news, I also don't want to make the mistake of setting myself up for disappointment. Anything at this point would be greatly appreciated, while I have preferences of what I'd like to see (mainly Brewster), I am grateful for whatever is given to us. I'm just bummed because the AC series has been my favorite video game series since I was 5 and now I am starting to consider looking at other Switch games to take up in my free time (if anyone has recommendations please let me know).

EDIT: Just purchased Stardew Valley to try out :) very excited

Last edited:
The data mines give us more to lookout and hope for than Nintendo's response to no E3 showing.

I joked a little bit on this before, but to give it some weight, Nintendo saying "new" or "fun" doesn't mean much if we look at their history this year. Below are Nintendo's Animal Crossing tweets from 2021, and some of my points towards them.
  • The Bunny Day items aren't bad, but calling them "fun" is a stretch considering they just sit there.
  • Nintendo changes the maze (I assume that's what they're referring to) and says "new twists". The maze is something that can only be done in early may, 1 time out of the year. So while having it is better than nothing, it doesn't really add anything for the game.
  • The Children's Day and Dragon Boat Festival stuff isn't celebrated by your town or NPCs. It's something you do on your own with a few decorative furniture items. It may be fun for some players, but I don't see it. This is edging close to a quantity vs quality issue. They can keep giving us unlimited seasonal items in Nook's shopping, but the quality of gameplay isn't improving at all.
  • Since Firework Shows in August 2021 doesn't exist, Nintendo will likely release an update for it and call it a "fun" update.

image(1).png

Some great updates we've seen recently have been increased storage and increased pattern slots. These are some things I wish we'd see more of. Fixes and Improvements to everyday game play.

I'm not sure what to expect from the free updates going forward, but I imagine at least some of the stuff in the previous datamine will come to fruition eventually. I don't know much about datamining, but I don't think the coding about the cafe would have been added 14 months into the game if they weren't eventually planning to utilize it.

There is a perspective I've seen a few times that Nintendo already got us to buy the game, so they aren't going to spend a ton of resources on free updates - and I do agree with that to an extent. That said, if one subscribes to the idea that it's primarily a financial decision, I think it makes the possibility of substantial paid DLC more plausible. Nintendo is aware of the large player base the game has, and I think any company would want to try to monetize that further.

The other possibility is that they may want to add free features (multiplayer?) that require people to continue subscribing to NSO.

Last edited:
The data mines give us more to lookout and hope for than Nintendo's response to no E3 showing.

I joked a little bit on this before, but to give it some weight, Nintendo saying "new" or "fun" doesn't mean much if we look at their history this year. Below are Nintendo's Animal Crossing tweets from 2021, and some of my points towards them.
  • The Bunny Day items aren't bad, but calling them "fun" is a stretch considering they just sit there.
  • Nintendo changes the maze (I assume that's what they're referring to) and says "new twists". The maze is something that can only be done in early may, 1 time out of the year. So while having it is better than nothing, it doesn't really add anything for the game.
  • The Children's Day and Dragon Boat Festival stuff isn't celebrated by your town or NPCs. It's something you do on your own with a few decorative furniture items. It may be fun for some players, but I don't see it. This is edging close to a quantity vs quality issue. They can keep giving us unlimited seasonal items in Nook's shopping, but the quality of gameplay isn't improving at all.
  • Since Firework Shows in August 2021 doesn't exist, Nintendo will likely release an update for it and call it a "fun" update.

View attachment 381518

Some great updates we've seen recently have been increased storage and increased pattern slots. These are some things I wish we'd see more of. Fixes and Improvements to everyday game play.
Yeah pretty much this is what they mean when they say "new" I mean its just nothing but seasonal items and I do like how they try to act like the events that we played last year is suppose to be "new". Maybe thats for new players who never played the events before but still. Yeah those Twitter posts really shows how toned down and small the updates have gotten. Its really shocking to me how they overused that word "new" as if to say its something that is much more of a big deal when you realize its just more items.

View attachment 381518

I think it's not about the adjectives, it's more about the "activities to engage with".

So coming from a business standpoint, Nintendo knows that they technically had to say something about ACNH because at this point, they know that if they didn't, it wouldn't be good considering ACNH has been in a content drout. I really wish they'd give us more respect and provide us with some details rather than just keep bread crumbling us but it's whatever at this point.

However...

I'm hoping they give us a MAJOR update. The game needs it bad imo. I'd like some QoL updates personally as I would like to be able to hold more patterns/designs and have our other created individual player characters on our island to hold different patterns/designs. I don't like the idea of making another character (which is supposed to be individually different) only for them to just hold the same patters/designs your other character has. It defeats the purpose of making another character aside from just adding another house to make I feel.

Being able to create our own pants/skirts/shorts would be nice. We've been making top wear and head wear for a while now and I think a cool refreshing change of pace would be to complete the look with customizable bottom wear.

Online is a thing needed. I find ACNH quite boring without it. What made NL last 12 years was the online but with online comes many challenges for Nintendo. They aren't really the best when it comes to monitoring their online sessions. We all saw what the islands on NL became after a while so they would have to make banning players who hack a real serious commitment. Since we can only have 1 game per console, banning hackers should decrease them overall since in order to get another game, they'd need a whole new console. It won't be as easy as NL. I'd think most wouldn't dare try it if they push banning seriously in the beginning in order to get rid of any major hackers that already hacked their switch.

Being able to create our own pants/skirts/shorts would be nice. We've been making top wear and head wear for a while now and I think a cool refreshing change of pace would be to complete the look with customizable bottom wear.

YESSSS TO THIS! I want customizable bottom wear for our characters. With how crazy detailed all these AC players have made their tops and hats, it would really help to have bottoms (especially to match coats and other shorter tops). I sometimes have a hard time matching certain bottoms to custom coats, because I’m trying to make it look like a dress/one outfit without it being super obvious, y’know? I’m sure a lot of players feel the same. :3

Back