• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

nintendo has (finally) confirmed that there is new acnh content in the works!

Yeah a discord I follow showed this mention. The part about 'fun activities' makes me wonder if it implies updates to multiplayer. Not that I'm holding my breath on anything, but hearing them even mention it is good news in my opinion.

I learned not to assume anything. Smash Ultimate is a disaster compared to Smash4's online mode. They changed so much that shouldn't had been done and even though fans asked for QoL fixes and patches to the awful online system they have in place, they've just left it as it is. Now hardly anyone plays randomly online and goes for arenas with friends. (Which is still not as good as Smash4's friend arenas.)
Fair enough. Thats a good point, esp. with Smash. Smashs online modes went from 'bearable but needs improvement' to dowright tragic, for real.😭🙃

In addition to main quote, this bit that preceded it also mentioned Animal Crossing and it being a driver of Switch's online features.

Outside of an increased appetite for games, he says that there have also been some changes in player behavior during the pandemic. For starters, there’s been a change in who is playing games on the Switch. “Demographics are changing,” Bowser says. That includes more casual players, as well as more women playing on the Switch. (Bowser previously noted a similar audience expansion when the Switch Lite launched in 2019.) Unsurprisingly, those new players are also spending a lot of time using online features. “Animal Crossing: New Horizons again fueled a lot of that,” says Bowser. “But it’s carried through and, for instance, even more recently Monster Hunter Rise has been the source of a lot of online play overall for us.”

That’s great that they said something at least. Still not going to get my hopes up to hope for anything specific since I’ve learned from the updates; still was disappointed but not as much as I could have been had I expected anything specific. I honestly don’t blame people for wanting to keep their hopes up though and think that there is nothing wrong with that or being disappointed. I hope when we find out what it is and if there is disappointment, we can be civil about it and not be snide or rude to each other.

@Serabee They didn't say anything, but again everyone just assumed they would take what worked with Smash4's online and rework some of the parts that were rough around the edges. Like Smash4 has two different modes. 4fun and 4glory (casual and hardcore/veteran) In these modes you could pick free for all, team, and 1 on 1 only for glory.

But on Ultimate online you don't get a say. You want 1v1? Too bad you get team. You want to casual team battle? To bad you get free for all where someone changed the entire item drop rate to be trophies on high (trophies are like overpowered nukes) and it's just a cheese match so they can farm for gsp points. Which is global smash points and it's just a point system where people pat their butts and try to find any way to change the rule setting to make it easier on them.

You also can't change your fighter once you start. In the other games you could change from ex; Bowser to Mario, but you need to just keep using Bowser or exit out and go back online. There's so much more I can say about it, but this was all stuff they changed that did not need to be changed.

A bit off topic though, so I will leave it at that.

Oh no, everyone will get their hopes up for magical updates once again.

Please remember that what the president of Nintendo (and the company as a whole) consider as "new and fun activities to engage with" is 99% not the same what the 25+ million players consider as "new and fun activities to engage with".

For them, being the first Animal Crossing ever to change some yearly events from one year to another (to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong) is the definition of "new and fun activities". It's clear that for some people, that milestone is nothing.

expect only more seasonal items at the inevitable end of july update

@Serabee They didn't say anything, but again everyone just assumed they would take what worked with Smash4's online and rework some of the parts that were rough around the edges. Like Smash4 has two different modes. 4fun and 4glory (casual and hardcore/veteran) In these modes you could pick free for all, team, and 1 on 1 only for glory.

But on Ultimate online you don't get a say. You want 1v1? Too bad you get team. You want to casual team battle? To bad you get free for all where someone changed the entire item drop rate to be trophies on high (trophies are like overpowered nukes) and it's just a cheese match so they can farm for gsp points. Which is global smash points and it's just a point system where people pat their butts and try to find any way to change the rule setting to make it easier on them.

You also can't change your fighter once you start. In the other games you could change from ex; Bowser to Mario, but you need to just keep using Bowser or exit out and go back online. There's so much more I can say about it, but this was all stuff they changed that did not need to be changed.

A bit off topic though, so I will leave it at that.
Yah, that sounds like it stinks. But, again, if it's not promised... I've learned not to assume. (also, from my experience with Smash games, my favorite parts of each game tend to be removed in the next... so I've ESPECIALLY learned not to assume)

That's not because I don't have hope or anything, but I've been burnt before with assumptions, and I finally realized it's the fastest way to get disappointed. Whereas I haven't been disappointed by a single ACNH update yet, because I didn't assume anything about them. Even holiday and minor event announcements can be fun when you haven't gotten your hopes up!
I mean, I definitely have a "wishlist" for this game. But, at this point, I'm prepared to be happily surprised to see any of the things I want introduced... as opposed to getting upset when the next update doesn't include them.

For them, being the first Animal Crossing ever to change some yearly events from one year to another (to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong) is the definition of "new and fun activities". It's clear that for some people, that milestone is nothing.

This is what I think they think when they say "New and fun"

@Koopadude100 The tweet is referring to the 2 Summer/Winter solstice pieces you can buy off the Nook app. I don't believe any of the other stuff is new, it's just an assortment of pieces from other times/diy.

Pre- E3 I probably would have been happy with just Brewster in an update but now they better have quality of life updates, shop upgrades, Katrina, Gracie Grace and multiplayer games!

The fact that he specifically said 'new and fun activities' as opposed to the more broad term, 'updates' piques my interest... Was there a trailer that actually considered an older 'activity' by name a new one? Because my recollection is the past couple updates were simply shown as 'updates' to existing activities, and weren't marketed as 'new activities' by name.

The fact that he specifically said 'new and fun activities' as opposed to the more broad term, 'updates' piques my interest... Was there a trailer that actually considered an older 'activity' by name a new one? Because my recollection is the past couple updates were simply shown as 'updates' to existing activities, and weren't marketed as 'new activities' by name.
I'm not really answering your question but, allow me to list down the stuff that were discovered in the recent datamine (ver1.10).
  • Evidence of fence customization
    • mRemakeFence and mRemakeFenceScale were added to the bymls. "Remake" indicates customization.
    • My thoughts: If they expanded and gave us more options for customization, then that's going to be A LOT of work with redecorating my island. I have hundreds of fences...
  • Evidence of museum cafe
    • IdrMuseumEnt03 and IdrMuseumCafe are now in the indoor camera params. This basically means that there are camera settings for an indoor cafe, just like how every building have their own camera settings.
    • My thoughts: In New Leaf, we can work at the cafe. I hope we can do it again.
  • New unused tool strings
    • SpnR (SpanneR), DStk (DishStack), GlDr (Glass Drink), Cnut (Coconut), Pitc (Pitcher), Trwl (Trowel), STWN, CoCa, TaDr, and SnBa. The last 4 strings are currently unidentified. But to put it simply, these are basically objects that villagers & NPCs can hold.
  • "Business Mode"
    • There's a dummy code in the wardrobe eventflow for "BusinessMode" ( flow DummyDemo_BusinessMode ). Currently unused, but I believe this points to villagers changing to specific outfits, much like how they change outfits when it rains or when working out.
    • My thoughts: Few months ago, I posted something about earlier datamined info where villagers wearing hospital, school and swimming gear were found in the code. It might be related to this. With the evidence of the cafe, the unused tool strings, and this one, I have a theory that villagers may be having part-time jobs such as working on a cafe or being a mechanic, gardener, etc. Or they simply are given more activities. If my part-time job theory is real, I hope this extends to us too.
  • New cooking related stuff
    • CookingRecipeID was removed from ItemParam, and CaptureCookingIcon was added. mFoodPowerN and mFoodPowerT are in the bymls. Currently unknown what this does.
    • My thoughts: Last year in Turkey Day, we thought we can finally cook. Maybe this time we finally can. There's also the remaining crops that are yet to be added (Tomato, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Potato, Carrot).
  • Older bits of datamined info
    • Lottie had her melody parameters (the jingle that plays when you talk to them) updated several updates ago. The Sanrio characters also had their melody parameter updated shortly before they were added back.
    • Katrina and Shrunk had their params updated, much like Brewster.
    • The Shrunk Funk Shuffle reaction is in the code. There was also mention of unused code of Shrunk teaching reactions to the player.
Currently, there are no evidence of Kapp'n and other missing NPCs, gyroids, new islands, multiplayer games, and returning furniture. But only time will tell.

Back