• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Nintendo is being too slow on the updates (Real Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have stopped waiting for the updates or expecting anything. I found it only led to disappointment and I lost interest in playing the game so I took a break. I still want many things, but seeing what we have at one year mark, I am not too optimistic. However, I have not given up on this game yet. I still enjoy it in spite it disappointing me at many times.

Also, seeing some comments above I just want to put my two cents in. there is nothing wrong with complaining and not being happy about the game. sure it gets wearisome if there are complaints in every thread unless it is constructive criticism (at least to me). I do not like when people attack others and accuse them of being greedy or whatever. It’s fine to defend Nintendo if you really support all of their decisions. But no need to bash others that feel differently. This isn’t directed at anyone or any particular comment—this goes towards both sides. I just remember the arguments in the past that started similar to the posts I read and really hope we can avoid more of those.

I don't think digging up funerary objects that take up a bunch of storage space and make weird noises is peak content but the internet has informed me I'm wrong. You live and you learn. 😁
Gyroids to me, are everything people hate about bunny day.
All I wanted was fossils, not a load of useless junk.

This is for the #newhorzionsisbarebones people so, you really don't have to read all of this is you're not one of those people 😊
Thank you! You just took most of the words from my mouth! Even though wild world was my first game, I still agree.
People should have the right to have opinions. Yeah, we get that new horizons doesn't have everything in it yet, but it's technically in beta (in a way).
See, when Nintendo spent all those years making new horizons, they probably didn't have enough time to add all, the npcs. So, they are doing the updates, and they are going every month, which i don't mind. And, Nintendo clearly cares about us, because they added the design slots everyone was complaining about. If Nintendo didn't care we would have:
no bunny day (which some people would probably love)
No may day tour and museum day
No redd
No Leif
No diving, no gullivaar (however you spell that)
No firework shows
No dreaming
No diverse hairstyles
No turkey day
No toy day
No wedding day
No festivale
No mario items
So, I'm sure the npcs will be added back in some way. Maybe not all of them, but somebody on another thread said (think it was @Rosch but maybe it wasn’t) lottie is in the game's files as her tune when you would talk to her changed and Brewster and gyroids are inthe games files, so maybe they will come back. As for everyone else, not sure as of 3/30/21
Yep. That was me.

If I'm not mistaken, the Sanrio characters also had their melody data updated in a prior update before they were introduced. So I have high hopes regarding Lottie. And as I've laid down in one of my earlier posts in this thread, there is really nothing else significant coming for the rest of the year since most major mechanics (diving, art, bushes, dreams), events and NPCs (Leif, Redd, Pascal, Gullivarrr, Luna) have been added into the game. The upcoming updates should become interesting.

Okay wow. There is a lot of debates on this and I will step in and say how I truly feel about the game. When I first played New Horizons it was the game that helped me through the pandemic and I had my fun playing the game. I enjoyed my time playing it. I used to play every single day doing nothing but terraforming my island and of course catching fish and bugs. Which was like the first 3 months I spent playing this game. Then by October 2020 when I was done making my island and completing the museum (Got all the Fish, Bugs, Art and Fossils) I am just like "well now what do I do?". As for making friends well lets just say I had a bad experience making friends, because I know people told me this game was full of "nice people" but sadly I got the opposite.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear, Animal Crossing New Horizons is a good game, the graphics are great and they did improve alot of gameplay elements that makes it more easy to play the game. It does things way better than past AC games like There is more Storage in your home, Your villagers don't move out on their own without telling you, Items stack automatically, and There is more Pocket Storage.

As much as I given this game so much flack, I will say that yeah its true that every game of AC has its negatives and positives. I can appreciate New Horizons more for having better pocket/home storage, villagers with thought bubbles wanting to move out, items stack automatically, and you can shake trees while holding a net. Those things help shape up the gameplay a lot more better.

I know what I'm saying is not going to change others opinions and thats fine because again everyone has different viewpoints and opinions but the thing is we should not be too defensive whenever someone like calls out a flaw in the game, it should be acknowledged. Just throwing this out there in case if people still think I'm attacking them when really I'm not.

Still lowkey waiting for the older sets in the game to return (Classic, Regal, Ranch, etc). Not expecting them to but just sitting here hoping is all.

Still lowkey waiting for the older sets in the game to return (Classic, Regal, Ranch, etc). Not expecting them to but just sitting here hoping is all.

Sorta hoping for that as well, but if they don't then oh well... also I can see the cabin set not returning, because we have log furniture that looks REAL similar to that set, so it would be VERY redundant for that set to return (unless they give that set a complete redesign)

Thread closed for staff review. It may or may not be reopened after.

This will take a while. It's 4:30am and I need a few more hours sleep before tackling the reports that have come in related to this thread. Night all. 😴

Upon review this thread will not be reopened.

Some of you will receive forum etiquette reminders or warnings concerning respecting others. Regardless of whether or not you are one of these users I would like to advise everyone who participated in this thread to re-read our ACNH Board Post Quality Etiquette Reminder in addition to Section 1.1. Respecting Others of our Rules and Guidelines. We want for everyone on The Bell Tree to feel comfortable expressing their opinions without fear of being personally attacked.

Going forward, please keep in mind that if you have are responding to a post that you disagree with that you should ensure that your post only comments on their argument/opinion; it should not attack, insult, or otherwise undermine them as a person. If you need to criticise someone on a personal level in order to make your point you have already lost the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back