• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo of America confirms first half of 2013 release for America

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Last edited:
And they said I was crazy.... Oh yeah, Luigi's Mansion: 2 (Dark Moon) is coming Q1 next year for NA

It scares me when LM2 is first quarter and AC is first half. AC could possibly fall in the later half. May, June... D:

Oh well. Having something official is nice (unless delays). Worth the wait regardless <3

I dont think any later then March. I don't think they could keep us waiting any longer, especially considering even by January the game will be out for at least two months in Japan. :\

Glad my birthday is in January so this way I could pre-order this and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as my present. I hope they have some sort of pre-order bonus or something associated with Club Nintendo! :p

I dont think any later then March. I don't think they could keep us waiting any longer, especially considering even by January the game will be out for at least two months in Japan. :\

Glad my birthday is in January so this way I could pre-order this and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as my present.

There have been plenty of releases that took way more than two months to make it over to NA. D:

I still don't think they would have announced a quarter period and lied to us about it. Especially being that the lastest we could get the game is almost 6 months. November, December, January, February, March, April 1st. It just makes sense it would release in Q1. How long could it possibly take to translate a game that's been in development for how many years now? 3-4?

I still don't think they would have announced a quarter period and lied to us about it. Especially being that the lastest we could get the game is almost 6 months. November, December, January, February, March, April 1st. It just makes sense it would release in Q1. How long could it possibly take to translate a game that's been in development for how many years now? 3-4?

Yeah, so definitely hoping for Q1 as it does make sense. There's just always that possibility of delay.

I just hope the Mayans are wrong...

They didn't believe in leap years, and there is a paragraph n my history book that talks a bit more indepth of that theory.

With Luigi's Mansion as Q1, I am thinking early Q2, cause everyone said "Why would Nintendo release 2 major titles just 1-2 months apart?"

It's not that they didn't believe in leap years. Leap years weren't invented until a wayyyyyy long time after. But yes, you're correct. If the Mayans had somehow miraculously been correct, the world would have ended last year at the end of summer. Didn't happen.

ANYWAY.
April will be the latest, I don't see them pushing it back any further than that.

I bet it has something to do with WiiU...a system that I won't buy right off the bat. Stinks that other consoles are ignored when they want sales on something else...just my humble opinion.

Your opinion is right up there with the facts.
If Nintendo sold a 3DS game in the west when they're also selling a brand new console, the game will get ignored in the chaos of the new console. I'd mentioned in another thread in detail about this, don't know where though..

But pretty much, they know AC is a good selling, first party game that will do good when the Wii U is old news. The chaos will calm down after a few months and then they can start going back to making sure their 3DS games get the attention they deserve.

Your opinion is right up there with the facts.
If Nintendo sold a 3DS game in the west when they're also selling a brand new console, the game will get ignored in the chaos of the new console. I'd mentioned in another thread in detail about this, don't know where though..

But pretty much, they know AC is a good selling, first party game that will do good when the Wii U is old news. The chaos will calm down after a few months and then they can start going back to making sure their 3DS games get the attention they deserve.

That may be, but as I said, it is a system that I am not buying right off the bat. I would purchase AC first because I already have that system. Of course, I am older, and therefore a little more patient about waiting until WiiU is given either a price cut or is not in such a huge demand as to have people following the UPS truck from store to store to get one (don't laugh, I was told that was what ppl were doing in my area when Wii came out by the store I bought my Wii from :) ).

I don't doubt it one bit. When I went to get a Wii, the day it came out, was insane. Never again.

But I know exactly how you feel, if AC were to come out right after, or even the same day as the Wii U, I would get AC due to my already owning a 3DS, and there aren't going to be any major titles for the Wii U on release, so there isn't a point to buying it.

I think it was a smart move for them so AC3DS could get the sales it deserves, but it is a shame that the younger people will have to wait until next year.

I may be skipping the Wii U :p

For the Mayan thing, didn't the Spanish attack or whatever, and the people couldn't finish? I can't believe people believe in this stuff.

Anyway, I'm really disappointed about the release date. They kept changing it and we STILL dont get a stone date. We just get a rough estimate.

Though I'm impressed at the depth at the game has, I hope it doesnt get boring quickly like the other games did.

Back