Okay, Balloons...

Khaelis

Bell Tree Forum's Resident Hybrid Addict
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Toy Hammer
Okay, seriously... do the colours have a set percent chance of appearing or is it completely random? I'm trying to grind out seasonal DIYs and I keep getting yellow balloons one after another and those hardly ever give out DIY recipe cards.

If they have a greater chance of being yellow, I have a reason not to be this annoyed... so I'm asking if anyone knows. XD

Disclaimer: I really hate this guide so please don't ask me to translate it in layman's terms.

balloons.png

Back during cherry blossoms, people said they thought green were higher chance. That said, it’s always been random for me.

The balloons have been much worse for me for fall though than cherry blossom. I finally just gave up and purchased them from a kind user on here.

I think I get it...? Second grey part has me confused, though...

Yeah it's not a very good guide. It takes me at least 5 minutes to redigest everything. I'm not very good at making visual guides but I wish someone else would take a better crack at it.

Yeah it's not a very good guide. It takes me at least 5 minutes to redigest everything. I'm not very good at making visual guides but I wish someone else would take a better crack at it.

I don't think its a bad guide, just not an adequate guide. If you 'get' it, it definitely makes some sense. It basically just means Yellow and Blue Balloons are the most common, but after 10 popped Yellow becomes more common.

As I've pointed out before on another thread, blue balloons almost always give me clothing. I always have good Feng Shui set up in my house, so I'm not sure if the game values clothes 'higher' than mats, and that's why I get so many.

As for the new Tree/Leaf DIYs, I've only been getting about 3 per day, which for me is less than any other seasonal DIY event.

I seem to find recipes in any color of balloon. I plan on farming tomorrow, so I'll keep track of what item is in what color balloon, then report back. I have all the fall recipes already, but my buddy seems to struggle the same way you are, so I'm going to see if I can help him.

I seem to find recipes in any color of balloon. I plan on farming tomorrow, so I'll keep track of what item is in what color balloon, then report back.

Yeah, according to the image above, any balloon has a 15% chance of giving an unlearned seasonal DIY when available, otherwise you have a 5% chance of getting a random DIY. For the most part, red and green balloons are the least common while blue and yellow are the most common.

If I believe I've figured out the image correctly, red and green balloons are more common when you've popped 10 or fewer balloons. 10 or more, blue and yellow are much more common.

I just got another Colored Leaves Flooring...so that's discouraging. Kinda hoped I'd get the full set before getting dupes. Just like the Mush set...

As I've pointed out before on another thread, blue balloons almost always give me clothing. I always have good Feng Shui set up in my house, so I'm not sure if the game values clothes 'higher' than mats, and that's why I get so many.

As for the new Tree/Leaf DIYs, I've only been getting about 3 per day, which for me is less than any other seasonal DIY event.

As far as I know, there is no luck parameters in NH and the feng shui is just for HHA score. This could change in future updates but I haven't heard anything about luck in this update so far.

I seem to find recipes in any color of balloon. I plan on farming tomorrow, so I'll keep track of what item is in what color balloon, then report back.

I find recipes in all balloon colors. The game rolls for what type of item you get and then picks a color. If the game rolls fora material the balloon will always be blue. If it rolls for bells, the balloon will always be yellow. Anything else it just picks one of the four balloon colors.

The game rolls for what type of item you get and then picks a color. If the game rolls fora material the balloon will always be blue. If it rolls for bells, the balloon will always be yellow. Anything else it just picks one of the four balloon colors.

This makes perfect sense. Game must really love giving me yellow then.

As far as I know, there is no luck parameters in NH and the feng shui is just for HHA score. This could change in future updates but I haven't heard anything about luck in this update so far.

I find recipes in all balloon colors. The game rolls for what type of item you get and then picks a color. If the game rolls fora material the balloon will always be blue. If it rolls for bells, the balloon will always be yellow. Anything else it just picks one of the four balloon colors.

I'm fairly confident it's present. In one night I got all but 3 of the Mush recipes, thought 'easy enough' and decided to finish the next day. Before I went balloon farming, I decimated my entire house to make 'novelty' rooms. My balloons then began to have garbage in them. I reset my house to the way it was and BOOM, finished my Mush series recipes.

You can test it out easily, throw one piece of yellow furniture along the appropriate wall, yellow balloons will drop you 5,000 bells. Load those walls with yellow furniture and watch how much more frequently you get the 30,000 bells. WAY more than 1% of the time.

Disclaimer: I really hate this guide so please don't ask me to translate it in layman's terms.

balloons.png

Ok, so basically the more balloons you pop the lower the chance of getting furniture/clothing and higher the chance of bells/materials.
So yeah, blue and yellow spawn the most if you're intentionally farming. 🙃

The grey part of the chart basically says that, if you have already popped more than 10 balloons, chances of getting iron nuggets, clay, and bells are higher. The reason why yellow and blue balloons are far more common when grinding.

Edit: I basically rephrased what Nefarious said. :p

The important part: 15% chance of an unlearned seasonal diy, regardless of how many balloons you have popped for the day.

I don't think its a bad guide, just not an adequate guide. If you 'get' it, it definitely makes some sense. It basically just means Yellow and Blue Balloons are the most common, but after 10 popped Yellow becomes more common.

I don't think it's that yellow becomes more common, it means that after you pop 10 balloons, the chances of a yellow balloon containing just 1k bells increases significantly.

Thanks, this was amazingly helpful. My big takeaway is I have a 15% chance of getting the seasonal recipes I need, which is not great!

Back