• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Order in your town

I'm personally not fussed about patterns, they look nice but are a pain in the backside to lay and takes a person to have the patience of a saint. Just a shame it's not a community project :(, as that would make it a heck of a lot easier.

Agreed, they are so annoying to place.

I don't know how much order I will impose on my town. I haven't quite decided yet.
Jinglefruit, the perfect town acres actually work on a scale. More trees means less flowers and less trees mean more flowers. There is no limit on your flowers of course, but if you have 27 flowers in an acre than you don't need even 1 tree!

http://www.animalxing.com/wii_perfect_town.php has the chart that explains it.

Actually when it gets around the 12 tree mark its less flowers but eventually it goes back up and you need almost 1 flower for every tree to balance out there being so many trees.

Yeah, that's what I went for in CF with a treeless town, but watering them all became a huge chore later on. I hear it is different in NL, -as stated- though I haven't found out exactly how, and intend to see if I can make a perfect town without knowing for once.

I didn't realise the flower scale got complicated above 12 trees either. Like I said, I keep my town fairly barren so I can see my beautiful triangled lawn.

To make path laying more easy, the next AC game should include one of these (Netherlands part) -> http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5888196_700b_v1.jpg

Last edited:
I have paths but they're pretty restrained, not like some towns where the path leads to every villager's house. Along the paths I'd plant trees/bushes, and outside the paths would be fruit orchards, and a whole lot of flowers. Doesn't usually take me very long to get a perfect town because of all the trees and flowers I plant.
I also plan on making 4 different characters, one would be my main characters and the others would just be for the themed buildings I'm planning on making.

I like a neat and organized town too, they can be so pretty~ Also I totally agree with Bambi, no clunky or distasteful community projects.. >_< I am NOT liking the idea that new villagers can stick their house wherever they want. :( I wish signs were still a thing, those at least indicated where they would go.. I've seen some where a new villager moved in right next to a bridge ._. blocked off a perfectly good pathway and made it look weird.. Ah well, at least this time around, if you really want someone gone, you can make it happen once they talk to you about moving.. then when you've got your maximum amount of villagers, no worries.

Anyway.. while paths were really.. yes, quite ugly in the past, they look so beautiful in NL, very natural looking. I'll be using a good two or three pattern wide path through my town, must preserve grass! I've been practicing on CF too with just walking unless I'm in a safe zone~ (beach or city)

Meh.. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist yes, but it does prolong the game quite a long time.

I can't say I'm really one for going out of my way to make paths and whatnot. It only takes me circling my town a few times to get used to where everything is, and even then, there's always the map. However, given the new ability to place things and remove things across town... that should definitely come in handy. I'm not super obsessive over my town looking like it has roads and paths, but I can get around making things look a bit orderly. I don't know. We'll see what happens haha.

I will try my best to organize. I may set paths, but in the form of tiles instead of the natural ones made by the game, which are ugly in my opinion. However, I found the QR code for these really cute tiles, so I'll probably use those. I'll probably organize my flowers, too.

I've never organized my town and I don't plan on starting now! I'm too lazy to make and set paths. I just let my activity dictate where the dirt paths will be. I plant trees and flowers anywhere that it seems too wide open and stop before it gets too crowded. I'll have some projects (windmill, wisteria, picnic set, etc.), but nothing too crazy.

I'm just nervous about villagers building their houses on hybrids and foreign fruit trees. I'm not very gifted when it comes to hybrid breeding and I can only imagine that this new house-building system won't do me any favors :p I think I'll do what everyone's been saying to do in this thread and wait for the maximum amount of villagers to move in before I start my hybrids and fruit trees. It'll be interesting to see what happens!

Back