Paper Mario 3ds

I'm kinda disappointed that they're not keeping Super Paper Mario's gameplay style and instead going back to turn based combat, but my boyfriend will be happy. =p

Tyeforce said:
I'm kinda disappointed that they're not keeping Super Paper Mario's gameplay style and instead going back to turn based combat, but my boyfriend will be happy. =p
What? TBS is way better than SPM's battle style. Gives you time to think and takes more strategy.

[Nook said:
,Jun 19 2010, 02:52:30 PM]
Tyeforce said:
What? TBS is way better than SPM's battle style. Gives you time to think and takes more strategy.
To you its better.

To me, turn based is boring. Final Fantasy is an exception because of the time bar.

pielover6 said:
[Nook said:
Tyeforce said:
To you its better.

To me, turn based is boring. Final Fantasy is an exception because of the time bar.
I like it because it takes more time during the game, opposed to running around jumping on heads and bashing with hammers. Super Paper Mario was way too short because of how quick it was.

[Nook said:
Tyeforce said:
Not to me. I hate turn based games. The only turn based games that I can actually stand are Pok

Tyeforce said:
[Nook said:
Tyeforce said:
Not to me. I hate turn based games. The only turn based games that I can actually stand are Pok

Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
[Nook said:
Tyeforce said:

I guess it's just based on your preference. For me, I'd much rather play a turn based RPG like Super Mario RPG, Old Paper Mario, or Final Fantasy any day than play an action type one like Super Paper Mario (If that game is even considered an RPG.)

Tyler. said:
I guess it's just based on your preference. For me, I'd much rather play a turn based RPG like Super Mario RPG, Old Paper Mario, or Final Fantasy any day than play an action type one like Super Paper Mario (If that game is even considered an RPG.)
It depends on the franchise for me. The Paper Mario games are set apart for Nintendo's RPG series. As are the Pok

Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I thought of it that way too. But when I saw SPM's battle system, I hated it. I like the RPG battle system way better.
I love it. It takes Paper Mario's RPG elements and mixes them with classic Mario platforming, making the action much faster and more fluent, and, in my opinion, much more fun.
But it was just too easy. Granted, I was frustrated when I would lose at a battle and have to start all over from the save point, but the same thing happens in SPM. The quicker the game, the less fun. RPGs are harder because they FORCE you to level up, otherwise, you cannot continue. Such as pok

Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
I love it. It takes Paper Mario's RPG elements and mixes them with classic Mario platforming, making the action much faster and more fluent, and, in my opinion, much more fun.
But it was just too easy. Granted, I was frustrated when I would lose at a battle and have to start all over from the save point, but the same thing happens in SPM. The quicker the game, the less fun. RPGs are harder because they FORCE you to level up, otherwise, you cannot continue. Such as pok

Nevermore said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:

Tyeforce said:
Nevermore said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
I found PM:TTYD and SPM to be about the same in terms of difficulty. SPM may have been a bit shorter due to the fact that the gameplay moves much faster, but that didn't bother me at all. And, no, a game isn't less fun just because it's shorter. You can have a really short game that's a blast to play, versus a long, drawn out game that's incredibly boring. Length has nothing to do with fun.

And the main thing that I hate about RPGs is the fact that they force you to level up. Fighting the same old enemies over and over again (and in slow, turn based battles, at that) in order to get to a high enough level to progress through the game just isn't fun to me. Pok

Nevermore said:
Tyeforce said:
Nevermore said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepis the fact that they force you to level up. Fighting the same old enemies over and over again (and in slow, turn based battles, at that) in order to get to a high enough level to progress through the game just isn't fun to me. Pok

Tyeforce said:
I'm siding with Andrew on this one, I like the old style better xP

Back