• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

I didn't know this release had an age restriction, too bad for you Poliwag0. For the worst you still can check a few videos, though I don't know if it will really help you. I think that everyone here will confirm you to buy it anyway, if you already like visual novels type of games, criminal cases resolution obviously, and dorky characters/moments, it's really an easy-to-go, don't hesitate.

I was really excited to see him too ~
Isn't it the current DLC the only one that the game will ever have ? If so even though I would prefer too that it was already included in the present game, it's not that *****y from them either c:

I tried to download the demo of this but it won't let me because I signed up for the nintendo id thing with my real age. -_- So sad. :(

The demo....just let you play like soooooooooooo little and almost nothing lols but honestly the game is worth to buy if you re a fans.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't know this release had an age restriction, too bad for you Poliwag0. For the worst you still can check a few videos, though I don't know if it will really help you. I think that everyone here will confirm you to buy it anyway, if you already like visual novels type of games, criminal cases resolution obviously, and dorky characters/moments, it's really an easy-to-go, don't hesitate.

I was really excited to see him too ~
Isn't it the current DLC the only one that the game will ever have ? If so even though I would prefer too that it was already included in the present game, it's not that *****y from them either c:

LOL there's only one DLC and you need to pay for it xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't wait for the Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright but Dec 2014?? Really now?????????

Wait the NA release date already out? WHAT and it December?!!!

Wait the NA release date already out? WHAT and it December?!!!

It was said to be Dec '14 in a couple websites, wiki including one of them iirc, but now it's not really there anymore? I saw it on ign too but idk. But I looked it up again and it says there's no new updates about it. But I can't wait omg please let it be sooner.....

Wow NA release is that much late. Brace yourself, NA gamers, you will "soon" enjoy the game too o/

LOL there's only one DLC and you need to pay for it xD
Ah so I was right. I did know for this DLC, I still didn't get it even though I'm planning since...november orz I read "cases" so I had doubt for a second like I was living in a hole in the center of earth, having no clue that there were updates for this game____

Wow NA release is that much late. Brace yourself, NA gamers, you will "soon" enjoy the game too o/

Ah so I was right. I did know for this DLC, I still didn't get it even though I'm planning since...november orz I read "cases" so I had doubt for a second like I was living in a hole in the center of earth, having no clue that there were updates for this game____

I am so jealous and I'm seeing like gifs of the game and stuff everywhere but I'm trying not to bECAUSE I DONT WANNA GET SPOILED :( I thought NA was supposed to be ahead (besides JPN) :( NA is lame when it gets to ds related stuff

I can understand why this game has an age restriction. Yes, there are a lot of funny scenes and the dialogues are full of humor, but the game does have a dark side as well. I think certain events (or scenes) are easily overlooked or forgotten because they aren't that long (I mean; it's not like they're constantly being shown and you have to look at them for several minutes or something). So, yes, the game is hilarious, but the age restriction does make sense. That being said, I know the demo can be found on YouTube (someone playing it, I mean). So you could watch the video and try to decide based on that (granted, it's not the same as playing yourself, but it's better than nothing).

Anyway, the crossover with Professor Layton is already out here, actually (Europe). I might get it later (much later), because I still have to play Miracle Mask, get Azran Legacy and I should be getting Apollo Justice soon, and well, there's only so much I can buy before my credit card starts complaining, haha.

That being said, I played the DLC episode up until when day 2 in court begins. I'm absolutely having a blast with it, the scene with Athena singing that pirate song was hilarious! I also got to play for the first time with the Psyche-Locks and I guess what happens before is what contains spoilers for the later cases in Dual Destinies. But I think I prefer Apollo's and Athena's powers (especially the Mood Matrix!), though; they're more fun!

This is definitely a great game and one I do not regret buying. Let's just hope the remake of the original trilogy will come to Europe, because if it does, I will definitely be getting that!

PL vs AA shouldn't come out any later than summer, they've got it fully translated for Europe.

Since I'm not allowed to view the software itself thanks to NNID restrictions, I'll just keep watching new videos on DD because it's just that amazing.

Haven't gotten my Apollo Justice game yet, but will continue the DLC episode tomorrow!

Finally got my Apollo Justice game today (better late than never)! Fortunately, it works on my 3DS. I wasn't entirely sure; I knew the DS games weren't region-locked but since my game said that it could only be used in the USA and such (even though I ordered if from Amazon U.K.), I kinda went 'Don't tell me this won't work on my 3DS!', but it did, so I worried for nothing. ^_^

I played a bit of the first case and the gameplay is mostly the same as Dual Destinies, so nothing new so far. It does seem you get to play in this game with more things, though (like dusting for fingerprints), and that is cool! What I like less is that you can't save and continue (you can save and quit), but that's not the end of the world. I do miss the option to read what has been said, though. I don't use that often in Dual Destinies, but it does help. Because I got asked a question and I thought 'Let me check that', only to find I couldn't. Luckily my memory wasn't that bad and I chose the correct answer. ^_^

I will continue playing Apollo Justice and then after the game is finished, I'll play the two remaining cases of Dual Destinies (I definitely prefer the graphics in Dual Destinies (of course they're different, seen as they're meant for different consoles ^_^), but I find getting used to the ones in Apollo Justice isn't too difficult, actually).

I also finished the DLC episode this weekend (the second day in court) and I unlocked a nostalgic sweater or something for Phoenix (not that I'm using it; I like the way he looks in his costume ^_^). The episode was definitely worth its money and I'm glad I decided to buy it! ^_^

I think it'd be cool to see Ami Fey acting as his assistant.

omg that's true
i hope she's as cute as maya

also this new guy looks reminds me of apollo more than phoenix

Hm, now that looks interesting! I'll probably buy it (whenever it arrives here, haha), but I'm still hoping the remake of the original trilogy comes to Europe first.

Wow a new DLC to be release? I will buy it too! I just finish the whole story and now at the aquarium dlc and I hope new one will appear before I finish the last one lol..but still one thing that make me sad...

Detective Fulbright...

Assistant revealed for the new Ace Attorney game.

tumblr_n4hxv3OAoO1rikc2ro1_500.jpg

Just heard about it yesterday from a friend. I can't handle my biased excitement for this.

the guy is so cute and the girl is too <3
at first i was kinda meh about the concept bc i wanted it set in the future like the other games but now i'm pretty excited for it even though it's gonna be a while before it's released

First trailer! English subtitles are available.

Back