• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^Not as long as waiting for the game to be delivered, and unless you have a video game store close to you open 24/7, quicker than waiting for a store to open then drive to it and buy the game then drive home and finally enjoy it.

I thought i read somewhere that even on the physical copy the manual is digital. i thought nintendo is doing that with most games now.

Yeah, most recent Nintendo published games on 3DS and Wii U only have a mini pamphlet "manual". The majority of it is digital on the cartridge.

For example, this is the entire "manual" that Paper Mario: Sticker Star comes with:

YAWrgUrl.jpg

Yeah, most recent Nintendo published games on 3DS and Wii U only have a mini pamphlet "manual". The majority of it is digital on the cartridge.

For example, this is the entire "manual" that Paper Mario: Sticker Star comes with:

YAWrgUrl.jpg

That explains why I've been gettin **** all...

I enjoy looking through pamphlets. fu

I think that I'll definitely get the physical version, just because the download seems a bit more risky than just running down to Gamestop.

I was going to go for the physical but once I started thinking about it I switched to digital. It's better for the environment, I'd love if all games were bought this way; save energy and a TON of plastic/paper.

I was going to go for the physical but once I started thinking about it I switched to digital. It's better for the environment, I'd love if all games were bought this way; save energy and a TON of plastic/paper.

This means there will be less jobs for Gaming stores and that's no good!

Physical! For some reason I trust it more >.> I feel like the digital version will crap out on me for some reason lol. Maybe I'm oldschool :p

I'm going to get the digital copy.
- I can play at midnight! Woo!
- I can't loose the copy.
- I will always have it with me. Convenient.
- I can't break it unless my 3DS breaks, but then I can switch out the SD Cart.

I'm going to get the physical copy because I want the little pamphlet thing that comes with it. Also I like having the cartridge and I won't have a problem with not being able to play it all the time because I don't play a lot of video games. That'll probably be the only one in my 3ds for awhile!

I'm going to get the physical copy because I want the little pamphlet thing that comes with it. Also I like having the cartridge and I won't have a problem with not being able to play it all the time because I don't play a lot of video games. That'll probably be the only one in my 3ds for awhile!

That game will LIVE in my 3DS and probably never come out until I get tired of it. In which case my 3DS will retire as well.

They will be inseparable.

Sometimes one just has to hold it in their hands and marvel at its beauty. I find this true for some things.

Digital. The games that I know I will be playing every day for a long time are always downloaded to my SD card so it is always there and I can play it whenever. Currently I have Mario Kart and Fire Emblem downloaded because I play those games religiously, and AC will soon join them. I usually have physical copies of games that I know I will beat after a while and then forget about, because I don't really need them in my 3DS at all times and I can always sell them later on if I want to.

This is a difficult decision. First I thought digital, then physical, now I'm just not sure...You can't lose your digital copy, or damage it. No one can steal it. But you also can't let your friends borrow it...But I wouldn't need to drive to the mall to download it...decisions, decisions.

I'm sure oyu can download a .pdf of the manual from somewhere. I never read them so i haven't looked, but I imagine Nintendo will have thought of that.

Back