• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im going to be downloading it. That way I can get it the SECOND it comes out, and since Ill be playing this game everyday I can still have another cartridge game in if im out.

Some people prefer physical things over things that exist digitally and are therefore intangible. Being able to use your sense of touch on something is very important to certain people and helps them solidify whether or not something is actually real. And sometimes just touching something gives a more pleasant experience for people. I for example prefer books to digital things like the kindle.

The 3DS isn't the only system that allows for buying and playing digital games. The Virtual console on the Wii as well as the stores for Ps3 and Xbox 360 are also places people can buy games digitally. That is probably where people are getting their opinion of not liking to download games. :)

You took the words out of my mouth.
I still prefer the physical copies of games, because with my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), I want to be able to have a collection if 3DS games at sight. It's people's personal opinion, and no matter how much you compare the digital version and make it sound better, I will not get it.

You took the words out of my mouth.
I still prefer the physical copies of games, because with my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), I want to be able to have a collection if 3DS games at sight. It's people's personal opinion, and no matter how much you compare the digital version and make it sound better, I will not get it.

Oh ok, that's perfectly reasonable. :)

I can't really decide. I'm thinking the digital copy if the ACNL 3DS Bundle is released in England as it comes preloaded. If the UK doesn't get the AC console, i'll buy a physical version :) Plus i like having the manuals and stuff :p

The...manual...is...on...the...digital...version... :p
Once again, many people like seeing things for themselves. I don't really care about the manual, but I like having a physical copy because of little things. The box work detail that you don't see on a digital copy (I've never bought digital but I'm taking my best guess here) Feeling the cartridge in your hand after waiting 3 years for a game, and not downloading it right off the bat. Etc etc.
Plus I grew up with physical copies of games, and just prefer that. Digital is convenient, yes, but I just go with a tradition of sorts for every game I buy.

Once again, many people like seeing things for themselves. I don't really care about the manual, but I like having a physical copy because of little things. The box work detail that you don't see on a digital copy (I've never bought digital but I'm taking my best guess here) Feeling the cartridge in your hand after waiting 3 years for a game, and not downloading it right off the bat. Etc etc.
Plus I grew up with physical copies of games, and just prefer that. Digital is convenient, yes, but I just go with a tradition of sorts for every game I buy.

I used to be like you regarding the sort of liking of having a physical copy with the manual and such. But now nintendo has ruined the game manual for me lol. The whole folded mini poster does not suit my liking.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed that the manual is a folded up piece of paper that barely covers the controls. |: So the manual is no longer a reason I will be getting the Physical version.

Needing to have the case on my game shelf as a trophy, however, will forever be my main reason for preferring physical copies. xD

Physical. That way, if my SD card ever breaks or gets lost, I won't have lost AC:NL along with all the pictures I'm gonna take.

The...manual...is...on...the...digital...version... :p

-_-

This. I do miss the old, booklet manuals though...

I used to be like you regarding the sort of liking of having a physical copy with the manual and such. But now nintendo has ruined the game manual for me lol. The whole folded mini poster does not suit my liking.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed that the manual is a folded up piece of paper that barely covers the controls. |: So the manual is no longer a reason I will be getting the Physical version.

Needing to have the case on my game shelf as a trophy, however, will forever be my main reason for preferring physical copies. xD

Yea, the mini poster manuals are kinda dumb... Like i got the new pokemon Mystery dungeon game and was thoroughly confused about where my game manual was. Made me feel pretty dumb but it was a sudden change.

Personally i am getting the bundle pack in the mail so i will be getting a digital copy of the game. But later on i wouldn't mind buying a used hard copy if i ever find one at game stop. Just to like... raid for items and then have a town my friends and brother can play on without messing up my main file...;;

Would you rather:

Pay $90 for a physical copy?
Or pay $52 for a physical copy shipped from overseas, but it takes a week minimum to arrive?

If I were to choose, it would be neither. A $67 Digital Copy is my choice.

Physical. I won't let something as important as this ride on my flaky Internet connection.

Digital copy, because where I live 3DS games cost $60-$80, but if I buy it in the eshop it will cost only $35! :D

Back