• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Physical or Digital Copy?

Which version do you plan on purchasing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In light of this other thread, I've added a new poll to this thread. Please do vote! The poll will close on the 15th after the game has been released in all regions.

I'd prefer to have a physical copy, but if I can't get out to get one I'll have to get digital.

I'll get the physical copy definitely. I don't know why that it is, but I guess it'll seem more "real" if I'm able to hold it in my hands, if that makes any sense at all.
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. Never mind, haha.

I usually like digital but since I'm going to have 2 copies of both.. Aussie and jap I am getting physical. I just want the cases too for my collection

definitely the physical copy! I prefer being able to hold the game in my hands! :blush:

Same as OP. I wanted the physical but then I tought how convenient it will be if I won't have to worry about the game card and always have Animal Crossing on my 3DS.

Since Nintendo is pants-on-head ******** when it comes to online I'll be getting a physical copy.

If you didn't know already, eShop purchases aren't linked to your Nintendo account, they're linked to your system, meaning you'd have to do a full system transfer to get those titles on another 3DS, and if you lose your data or factory reset without transferring to another blank system, you're screwed.

Undecided. It depends on if they release the bundle here, and if so, if it will be a digital copy installed on that 3DS or a hard copy. The whole game not being tied to a nintendo account thing sucks majorly, but this is the type of game you'd want to carry with you everywhere. Maybe there's a market for an add-on "cartridge caddy" you could clip onto your 3DS :p

I'll get a physical version, because I already have the JP one to play while I wait to get the EU one :)

I'm getting the physical version because it feels like I actually own the game. There's just something about a case and booklet that makes the game feel complete.

Physical version. I've never liked buying digital games, and prefer the disk/cartridge. I like the feel of it and often the small artwork that is on there too. I don't really keep boxes for DS games around due to my dogs, but I just might for New Leaf.
tl;dr: physical, tradition and easy

i'm definitely getting the physical copy. I thought about the digital so that i would always have it in my machine but then i thought what happens if i lose or break my ds. if they bring out the special version 3ds package with ac on it then i may get that.

Definitely the physical copy since I have never been a big fan of downloading games. Having a physical copy would feel as if it is more of my own game.

Seriously, this logic baffles me...

How does it feel that you actually own the game more if you physically go out and buy it? You still used YOUR money to pay for it. It's not like someone can take it from you at any moment just because you downloaded it. If you want to see the instruction manual on a downloadable copy, you can. It comes complete with the same artwork and everything! It's just like a PDF version of the booklet. The only real difference is having the box and the cartridge, but chances are AC is never going to come out of your slot, so you're not going to be looking at it anyway! :p

Also, about the never really liked it thing, downloading 3DS games in full only came about 8 months ago, so not many people have really had enough time to develop a real strong opinion on it.

I dunno, it just seems strange to me...

/Rant. :p

I'm going to get a physical copy because it would be easier to have my mom drive me to GameStop then trying to explain to her the whole downloading thing "but sweetie what if its a scam?" Yeah my mom isn't the smartest about electronics. I guess I will be getting the digital version if the bundle comes out even if it comes out after the release date. My sister can have my old town

Seriously, this logic baffles me...

How does it feel that you actually own the game more if you physically go out and buy it? You still used YOUR money to pay for it. It's not like someone can take it from you at any moment just because you downloaded it. If you want to see the instruction manual on a downloadable copy, you can. It comes complete with the same artwork and everything! It's just like a PDF version of the booklet. The only real difference is having the box and the cartridge, but chances are AC is never going to come out of your slot, so you're not going to be looking at it anyway! :p

Also, about the never really liked it thing, downloading 3DS games in full only came about 8 months ago, so not many people have really had enough time to develop a real strong opinion on it.

I dunno, it just seems strange to me...

/Rant. :p

Some people prefer physical things over things that exist digitally and are therefore intangible. Being able to use your sense of touch on something is very important to certain people and helps them solidify whether or not something is actually real. And sometimes just touching something gives a more pleasant experience for people. I for example prefer books to digital things like the kindle.

The 3DS isn't the only system that allows for buying and playing digital games. The Virtual console on the Wii as well as the stores for Ps3 and Xbox 360 are also places people can buy games digitally. That is probably where people are getting their opinion of not liking to download games. :)

Back