• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Place your random thoughts.

i want to learn how to read sheet music (piano) but how do i start?? 😭

Anybody else have that one character that you wish to rescue form media that you don't like and wonder why such a character have to exist in this media's universe?
(Hope this make sense)

I have a couple, but the one (and reason why I asked this) it's:
Sumi Sakurasawa from Rent-a-Girlfriend. She's so pure...why is she there. 💔

Nanami from Jujutsu Kaisen. I would place him gently into a relaxing slice of life anime where he could just chill and eat bread all day.

Also Rent-a-Girlfriend is like the only anime I seriously judged my partner for watching lmao the main guy made me want to punch the screen.

One of my friends said that he takes hot showers all year, even in the summer. I don't know if this is a normal thing, because apparently I do a lot of things contrary to what most people do, but taking a hot shower in the summer just seems so wrong. You'll just sweat more, and you'll still feel hot afterwards. I take lukewarm showers in the summer.

Since 1993, every time when a national league MLB team wins the World Series in a year prior to an election year, the incumbent party wins the next presidential election. But when an American league MLB team wins the World Series in a year before a presidential election year, the incumbent party loses the presidential election.

But in this day and age, elections have become more unpredictable. To be honest, I don’t know who’s going to win this next election. I don’t even know what party is going to win.

I think I want to start playing some games on my old PS2 again. I already have it hooked up, though the only working controller I have is a bit small for my hands and is 3rd party. I may also want to buy a component cable to get 480p instead of 480i, though it only really works on newer games. I guess people are selling new OEM cables on eBay for $100 or more, which is dumb, but I usually buy old stuff used so it's whatever.

I'm also wanting to get a few games I previously only rented a long while back, but I don't think I can make the trip to my retro game store this Saturday as the snowy weather is expected to be very bad. I want to avoid placing orders for a single game per seller on eBay if possible because most of the listings that don't offer free shipping are over $5 extra to ship, therefore I'd have to pay $12 for a used game that would normally cost $3 if I went to the retro store. I'd have to resort to finding a seller that can combine, and get a bunch at a time.

And with that, I'm done talking money today.

(Drag Race talk) M’hiya, Megami, Geneva, and Nymphia’s talent shows were my favorite of the night. Next week, I am curious to see what will happen when the two groups get together.

Last edited:
I'm honestly wondering... legitimately how many people in my life would treat me differently if I had my old teeth? It's easy to tell based on how they treat others who aren't as fortunate, but it hits hard because I was once that person. That's why I feel so strongly about not judging others based on their looks. But people in my life, they wouldn't know I used to be that person. My teeth aren't really something I talk about unless it comes up and you can't even tell they aren't real. I just wonder, if these people would treat me differently if they knew me back then, would I really want to be friends with them now? Just a thought.

The South Park episode where they say the s-word 162 times (It Hits The Fan) was actually only supposed to have the word said a few times, but the network wouldn’t allow it. So when they put the word in over 150 times, since it lost all meaning, they decided to allow. It’s actually even more if you count times the word is written.

The South Park episode where they say the s-word 162 times (It Hits The Fan) was actually only supposed to have the word said a few times, but the network wouldn’t allow it. So when they put the word in over 150 times, since it lost all meaning, they decided to allow. It’s actually even more if you count times the word is written.
Imagine your job for the day being to sit down, watch the episode and count how many times **** is said in said episode.

Imagine your job for the day being to sit down, watch the episode and count how many times **** is said in said episode.
There’s actually a counter for how many times it’s said in the episode in the corner. It makes it a lot more convenient.

I'm honestly wondering... legitimately how many people in my life would treat me differently if I had my old teeth? It's easy to tell based on how they treat others who aren't as fortunate, but it hits hard because I was once that person. That's why I feel so strongly about not judging others based on their looks. But people in my life, they wouldn't know I used to be that person. My teeth aren't really something I talk about unless it comes up and you can't even tell they aren't real. I just wonder, if these people would treat me differently if they knew me back then, would I really want to be friends with them now? Just a thought.
I've been here, though not on your side. I wonder the exact same thing. I'll get too emotional, and awkward if I talk more. Because it's a really sensitive subject for me. But I do completely understand this. Thats all I wanted to say.

Last edited:
Question: Is Riley Gaines evil? I hear that people hate her a lot.
No, she's not evil. That's a term that gets thrown around way too much. She's a professional swimmer with an opinion that activist groups do not like, which in turn will encourage people to think the absolute worst of her instead of recognising that she's a female whose entire life and career has been based in her sport. If she has strong opinions, we owe it to her to at least listen without prejudice before dubbing her evil. Nobody has to agree, but given this is her field and she would know it better than the vast majority of activists, her opinion should be as valued as any other professional talking from 'the inside' as it were.

I've been exposed to swearing my entire life (both from people I know and the media I consumed), but I only began swearing (more) starting last year. I wonder what happened for me to suddenly pick up on vulgar language. Coincidentally enough, this was around the time when I was watching the entirety of South Park, so I'm wondering if there's a correlation there.

No, she's not evil. That's a term that gets thrown around way too much. She's a professional swimmer with an opinion that activist groups do not like, which in turn will encourage people to think the absolute worst of her instead of recognising that she's a female whose entire life and career has been based in her sport. If she has strong opinions, we owe it to her to at least listen without prejudice before dubbing her evil. Nobody has to agree, but given this is her field and she would know it better than the vast majority of activists, her opinion should be as valued as any other professional talking from 'the inside' as it were.
The reason why I defended her was because she fell victim to mob violence last April, at SFSU.

When Martin Luther King Jr spoke against racism and how African Americans were being oppressed, we acknowledged that racism is an evil ideology and have moved on. But there’s one issue that is still left ignored - mob mentality. Stuff like the “cancel culture”, chasing people out of restaurants, treating people like outcasts, and of course, lynchings, all count as part of mob mentality. That was the worst part of the Jim Crow era South. And while we got rid of racial discrimination, both from the legislative level and the private level, mob mentality still exists (especially in an age of polarization). And that’s the issue that needs to be addressed.

I remember the first time I saw what a Louis Vuitton bag actually looked like, after having heard the name for many many years. And I just thought damn, people really do be buying things for no reason other than the label.

I watched The Simpsons yesterday and when I noticed… IT’S THE MEME ITS THE BUSH ITS THE MEME EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS akfianfjahdjwba. 🤯🤯🤯🤯
IMG_5861.gif

Besides that, I noticed that the episode was pretty meta. The end of the episode even showed that everything was back to normal by the time a week had passed. I didn't know jokes like this happened as early as season five.

I watched The Simpsons yesterday and when I noticed… IT’S THE MEME ITS THE BUSH ITS THE MEME EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT IS akfianfjahdjwba. 🤯🤯🤯🤯
View attachment 531054
Besides that, I noticed that the episode was pretty meta. The end of the episode even showed that everything was back to normal by the time a week had passed. I didn't know jokes like this happened as early as season five.
I loved that episode. It's hilarious that they sort of break the fourth wall when the family notices that Homer has been liking Ned Flanders for too long, and predict that his opinion will change back within a week like everything else that happens. Sure enough, after a "one week later" time card, Homer's back to telling Ned to "screw off", and Ned's just fine with it. Season five was one of their best seasons IMO.

I had a really screwed up dream last night where I imagined several NFL players having amputated body parts. Why? I really don't know. I'm sort of disturbed that I even came up with something like that seemingly at random.

Back