• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Place your random thoughts.

The Mario and Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story, Dream Team, and Paper Jam boss theme all follow a formula. They start playful and upbeat until the bridge, which sounds more intense. Then the second half of the song starts which is noticeably more intense than the first part. Bowser's Minions also does this (as in, the side game). It’s kind reminiscent of the games themselves. They start out playful, and by the end you’re wondering how you went from fighting kind of funny aliens to fighting completely serious and actually threatening aliens. That are shaped like mushrooms.

This was a clever way to reference The Sound of Music. I also liked all three of these jokes.

I didn’t think I would care about this episode at all considering that it’s about Bart getting an elephant (it sounds like a bottom of the barrel plot), but it wasn’t that bad.

I want wine. GOOD wine. Not that rotgut, fortified crap(though admittedly, that is a good way to get hammered).

I know this was brought up in the What's Bothering You thread and not here, but I actually loved my childhood, lmao. Aside from the exclusion in middle school, finding out I have Aspergers or stage 1 autism, and crying a lot, most parts of my childhood were actually really lovely. And my teenage years were even better because I was able to attend a school I thrived at and really grew into my own as a person.

On the other hand, I am NOT looking forward to being an adult for the next 50 or however many years. The future is scary and unpredictable, and a lot of things that come with being an adult are things I don't really care for? Basically I also just don't want to get older, lol.

Maybe that's just me though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I woke up at 2 in the morning, and instead of going back to sleep like a sane person, I decided to get up and go on my 3DS to play New Leaf and Wild World. After contemplating that decision for like 20 minutes. But there is a good reason why I did that. I’ve been trying to hear every hourly theme in game for some reason, and 2:00 a.m. is the only one I haven’t heard in either game. When I went on Wild World, I just stayed on the game for like 8 minutes until it was a little after 3. I just stayed and admired the atmosphere and the music. So it was completely my fault when I couldn’t fall asleep until like 5.

The reason why I defended her was because she fell victim to mob violence last April, at SFSU.

When Martin Luther King Jr spoke against racism and how African Americans were being oppressed, we acknowledged that racism is an evil ideology and have moved on. But there’s one issue that is still left ignored - mob mentality. Stuff like the “cancel culture”, chasing people out of restaurants, treating people like outcasts, and of course, lynchings, all count as part of mob mentality. That was the worst part of the Jim Crow era South. And while we got rid of racial discrimination, both from the legislative level and the private level, mob mentality still exists (especially in an age of polarization). And that’s the issue that needs to be addressed.

Evil is a strong word, but one that gets diluted the more people casually throw it around. Pretty confident a strong argument could be made for calling Hitler evil, less certain you could do that with Riley Gaines - and if you did, you're putting them in the same category which is surely ridiculous?

A few minutes ago I received a weird text stating just “hi.” I was going to respond with a sorry, you have the wrong number message; but who just opens up a conversation with a hi unless you know the person? I deleted the text instead.

If I was going to change the list I made of my favorite episodes from every South Park season, I’d probably only make two changes. First, I started to warm up a little to season one. Not that much, but I would have added Tom’s Rhinoplasty and Big Gay Al’s Big Gay Boat Ride. And for season two, I would have added Clubhouses. Finally, for season nineteen, I’d add Naughty Ninjas.

Also, I do know why season twenty turned out the way it did. They wrote it with Hillary Clinton winning in mind, but when that didn’t happen, they had to change a lot of things. Apparently they had to completely rewrite an episode in one day, so it makes me wonder not only how that episode’s script looked, but also how much different that season and seasons 21-23 would have looked without Garrison Trump.

Last edited:
I started playing Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin last night and was unsure if I liked it. Then today I reached the Refrin Wetlands and realised that the music and weather gimmicks used in this area are references to Sunleth Waterscape in Final Fantasy XIII. A quick search and apparently there are a lot of references like this throughout the game. There's my motive to keep playing!

So what are the chances that the legacy of Ghost and Molly McGee will live on?

Among the Disney Channel fandom, I could see people talking about it in the next five years or ten years. People are still talking about Wander over Yonder even though there’s only two seasons and hasn’t aired a new episode in over seven years. Of course, there are several other DTVA shows from the past. Some are left forgotten since they’re not popular enough, others become a charm. It will never be as popular as Amphibia or Owl House, but it’s still quite popular.

Among media as a whole, The Ghost and Molly McGee might be one of the more obscure shows. It may score points for Jewish representation and autism representation, but other than that, it’s not popular enough. Its poor marketing, the fact that it aired in a time Disney has been losing customers due to various factors, and the fact that cable TV is dying, all make it and several other Disney Channel shows more obscure at this level. Even among the Disney Channel fandom, its standing is rather, average. It’s not as popular as sister shows (Amphibia and Owl House), and those two shows are nothing compared to Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb. But I’ll never know the future. Maybe it would get more popular for a weird reason kinda like how people would watch SpongeBob more because of the memes it spawned.

sending birthday wishes to you @Croconaw! thank you for being so warm and welcoming on the forum & have a great rest of your day!
˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶

PRETP0c.png

satxq3k.gif

I looked at the episode list for Rick and Morty, and I'm surprised that the only ones I recognized were the first 3 episodes of season 1 (Pilot, Lawnmower Dog, and Anatomy Park). Of course, I've seen more of the show than just that, but I only seem to remember those episodes in particular.

Last edited:
Back