• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

for real idk what's going on because I never watch this stuff and yet so much of my Youtube feed has just been "millennial CRINGE!! gen Z slang BRAINROT!! gen alpha IPAD SKIBIDI???" 🥱 fastest way to get me to hit the Don't Recommend Channel button.
and fr the most "cringe" thing there are the actual adults mocking children 14 and younger online.

and fr the most "cringe" thing there are the actual adults mocking children 14 and younger online.
I honestly feel kinda bad for gen alpha. I have a 14 year old sister who just started high school recently, and I can imagine how much flack she's gonna get just for simply being born in the "cringy ipad kids" generation.

All social media is garbage now lol. It was years ago, but I remember someone in a comment section posting some meme that was from a few years during that conversation and the amount of people that ganged up on them because that meme 'dated' them as a fossil was insane.

I've noticed something with older folk.

Many of them have simply defaulted to calling anybody younger than them a millennial.

Any meaning that it had is getting lost with that anyways.
I feel like I see just as many people online throwing around the term boomer just as much. Even if the person insulted isn't even in that age group. It just proves that generational terms have left more of a negative impact than any positive one they were meant to.

It's like the term Karen. I'm sure people who actually share the name Karen don't care for the double meaning that was tacked onto a name assigned to them at birth. I actually looked that up curiously and a lot of Karen's are rightfully upset about what their name transformed into that they're embarrassed to even let people know their name because a lot of times someone will make fun of them for that name or play it off as a joke. For example they mentioned having to give their name for coffee and the clerk would comment 'hope you're not one of the bad ones!'

It's really sad how often all of these negative name stereotypes are downplayed in the comment section to. I think in whole we lack a lot of empathy anymore.

@-Blue-

Yeah I was going add that thing about the boomer term. I hadn't gotten around to editing my post.

I'd rather just avoid these labels whenever I can. Although my reason for bringing it up was due to a specific social media post.

TL;DR, employer is not hiring Gen Z due to a singular bad experience. I don't know if it's real or not.

This mindset reaches the point of being harmful and discriminative. Social media spreads like wildfire and some people will parrot this idea. And it will hurt those like me who have little to nothing to do with it and are just trying to start putting themselves out there.

images (4) (11).jpeg

I forgot that one of my colorful confetti entries wasn't accepted until I got the notification for it today, so I actually have enough tbtickets to do one pic the back up lineups I want. I thought it was weird that I was a little short. Yay!

gen z’s skibbity toilet and cocomelon was MLG and minecraft youtubers. my parent’s brain rot was probably something like beavis and butthead 💀
Oh yeah, every generation has a Brain Rot. Truthfully, I like to believe Gen Alpha's Brain Rot is the Ipad itself.
Think about it, everything you know about their Brain Rot usually comes from that device. How else are they gonna know it exists?
Also, I like to think the Boomer's Brain Rot is Facebook. You know it's true, the minion memes...

For a moment I had convinced myself collectibles were directly under our username! I even had check back to a screenshot of a line up to check! I think I'll go for a lie down in a cool, down room! :ROFLMAO:

^Yeah, Nintendo consoles are generally quite durable compared to others'. I can't tell you how many times my Switch has fallen on the floor only to be relieved it's still wholly functional LOL!

I feel like I see just as many people online throwing around the term boomer just as much. Even if the person insulted isn't even in that age group. It just proves that generational terms have left more of a negative impact than any positive one they were meant to.
I remember back in 2019 or 2020 some random kids on Club Tortimer were calling me that and I was really annoyed at the misuse of the word. I'm pretty sure that's the age group of my parents.

Back