• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

As someone who spends more time with my mother and my grandmother than with others, I prefer to be the Boomers and Gen Xers than the younger generations. I also like learning about their perspectives since they lived through more of the 20th century.

I hope Wriothesley’s banner comes soon in Genshin. I was so hyped about him because of some leaks. :/

I wish my dad would get a hearing aid because he can’t hear. he talks so loud it wakes me up and his tablet is blasting I can hear it upstairs. he doesn’t use earbuds. i want to eat now but eat with no noise.

If I were to describe my own personal happy place, it would be inside a cafe during the winter eating a frosted vanilla sprinkled doughnut.

Screenshot 2024-08-31 4.21.24 PM.png

I remember back in 2019 or 2020 some random kids on Club Tortimer were calling me that and I was really annoyed at the misuse of the word. I'm pretty sure that's the age group of my parents.
1946-1964 is the time period. It was coined from all the soldiers coming back from the war and how many families grew really fast. I guess when people have to go through a hellish war like that the only thing on their mind if they can survive is starting a family and living a simple life. I can get behind that. They must've had to go through so many hardships in that war.

Sorry that happened to you! People can really suck when they're hiding behind a screen.

Speaking about Club Tortimer, I remember when the WA update first came out. I guess everyone who left the game came back. I joined one of the lobbies and there was this one player with all of the badges as gold. They checked everyone's profile who joined to see how many badges they had and then made fun of them for not having all gold. I am pretty sure they hacked theirs anyway since some of them are impossible to get.

Some of the insults and threats they threw out were insane.

Speaking about Club Tortimer, I remember when the WA update first came out. I guess everyone who left the game came back. I joined one of the lobbies and there was this one player with all of the badges as gold. They checked everyone's profile who joined to see how many badges they had and then made fun of them for not having all gold. I am pretty sure they hacked theirs anyway since some of them are impossible to get.

Some of the insults and threats they threw out were insane.
What in the world? Club Tortimer was a strange place 😂
Which badges are impossible to get?

What in the world? Club Tortimer was a strange place 😂
Which badges are impossible to get?
There's a few that require online. So now those are really impossible. But even before that there were ones that needed streetpasses. Basically you needed your 3ds on and someone nearby with their 3ds on also to get a streetpass. That was one of the badges and you needed like 300? So 300 different people and not the same person streetpassing you a different times.

Reactions: Doo
The amount of times my Switch has fallen or had things fall on top of it, I'm surprised that it's still kicking.
^Yeah, Nintendo consoles are generally quite durable compared to others'. I can't tell you how many times my Switch has fallen on the floor only to be relieved it's still wholly functional LOL!
Wanna hear about the N2DS I used to own? I remember my dad threw it to the floor out of anger, and then when I booted up my console it was still working. XD

Anyway, it's day 1 of my three-day weekend, and I need to get some homework done. Hopefully, I'll get my Switch back once it's over with because he took mine away a while ago T_T

I don't mind small talk.

However, when someone I don't know messages me "Hi" or "Hey" and nothing else, my brain will draw a complete blank.

As someone who spends more time with my mother and my grandmother than with others, I prefer to be the Boomers and Gen Xers than the younger generations. I also like learning about their perspectives since they lived through more of the 20th century.
As a "member" of Gen X, I will be the rare Gen Xer who actually cares about what you said. Every other generation is recognized for some major reason, but the fact you care and show interest in how we lived and grew up..... it actually means something to me. It may not mean anything to other Gen Xers since we are known for being generally aloof (true from experience)... but we are mostly forgotten about. 😆

Thank you for acknowledging Gen X. It rarely happens!

Last edited:
It’s 4 AM and I heard a firecracker go off 😬. it was only one; back at the other house, behind us, I’d hear a lot of them at odd hours and regardless if there is a holiday or not. Still bugs me no matter how many go off.

My MK8 placements today have been 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd. Last week my average placement was 4th so this is a nice change.

I don't talk much about animal crossing, but here is a random thought regarding it.

I do not agree that the villagers need to be rude or mean again for interesting dialogue. The correct answer was not to dull them down however. The personalities are clearly set, but instead of creatively writing them, they've started to blend together more and more with each new game.

For example: You can write a 'cranky' villager without having him yell at the player. He doesn't have to be completely nice to the player either. Lean into thoughts that an older person might have or hobbies that an older person might be doing.

Some villager types remained similar. (lazy, normal, jock) weren't effected too much. They seem to struggle at finding a middle ground between making the personality of brash villagers (cranky, snooty) authentic and completely nice. So they lean towards the latter.

Smug is good. They do that one perfectly.

Back