Pocket Camp end of service November 28th 2024

well it had a good run i think. i liked acpc during the period between ACNL and ACNH, stopped playing once ACNH was released. it was enjoyable to an extent even though i was f2p, and i also got etoile for the first time :]

I'm pretty sad about it, I just got back into it and was enjoying it.
I am unsure about what to do with the leaf tickets but will wait till we get more info on the other version they plan to make.

Just got the email that said it will return as a paid app with no in-game purchases and our save data will be transferred. LT won't be transferred though as they will no longer exist.

Kinda weird move. Not sure if I want to buy it because I rarely ever play it.

oh, this makes me really sad rip. i was a day one player, but i had to stop playing for a few years because my new phone wasn't compatible, and i just got to play again when my mom gave me her old phone. sucks that within a month of that, they're killing the game. idk how i feel about the offline version, depends how much they plan to charge and/or if items that have usually required leaf tickets (terrain, cookies, cosmetics) will now be available for everyone, but the social aspect (market boxes, sharing bugs, sending gifts) were a big part of the game rip. i also heard about them promoting big summer sales and that seems really scummy knowing they were probably aware of this shut down. (fortunately haven't spent much irl money on this game, just a few £ here and there for the merry memories subscription. gonna have to cancel that asap lol.) i wish we at least knew about an upcoming AC game in light of this news rip.

Does anyone know how the offline version will work? Will it be just like an archive of your camp to pop in and say hello or will you still be able to buy stuff etc

Does anyone know how the offline version will work? Will it be just like an archive of your camp to pop in and say hello or will you still be able to buy stuff etc
After the online service ends, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp will no longer be playable, Nintendo warned. There is a silver lining, however. Nintendo said it’s developing a paid version of the app to which players will be able to transfer their save data. This offline version will be released during the same period as the end of service for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Nintendo said.

The paid version will have the same basic gameplay and controls as Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. However, this app will allow the player to use the included features with a one-time purchase, Nintendo said. There will be no in-app purchases or subscription services (like Pocket Camp Club).

i'm not sure what they mean with "included features" tbh but it should be a playable game just no leaf tickets

so far it seems it'll be just the normal game with no online stuff or events. so you can still catch bugs/fish, fulfill requests, level up villagers and decorate your campsite, camper or cabin, presumably. but no events, no quarry, no market boxes, no sending gifts, no leaf tickets. i'm not entirely sure what else does/n't require online. (like idk if the fortune cookie shop will keep refreshing. journals may be obsolete because idk if the sticker shop will refresh for the same reason.)

Absolutely beyond heartless to offer so many enticing special sales on leaf tickets just a few weeks ago when they knew the game was ending soon. I know this is a game of greed by design but this is an extra level of betrayal no one needed

we don't know that they knew. for all purposes, they could've just very recently decided upon this, with perhaps those sales being the last look at determining if pocket camp was worth continuing to run or not

which if that was the case, yeah, it sucks and would've been nice to know, but it's not like they were ever going to of smtiii jack frost sales tactics ("buy it or I'll commmit suicide") styled it. especially as they'd want as organically acquired sales data as possible

and anyways, we're given a ludicrous amount of time to use the leaf tix too (more than I believe plenty of other live service games offer for their paid currency spending when they decide to eos), with I'm sure a massive resurgance of leaf tic cost only items being brought back to help people with offloading. plus, though we don't know the specifics, the fact they're offering some form of being able to keep playing the game post-eos is far more than most live service games get. which usually just sees the game go eos and be completely wiped from all existence except maybe online documentation, if it was big and/or lucky enough to have that

overall, it's unfortunate, but at least my inital reaction is that they're going much more above and beyond for the playerbase than is normal here. which obviously, pending what is/isn't all in the offline app, the cost of it, and etc, this could very well change. but for now, I'm at least cautiously hopeful of how they're handling the game's ultimate conclusion

Last edited:
I forgot about this game. I got it late because I didn't have a phone when it came out. At least I got to play when they brought back the Splatoon items.
I've never made any purchases on my phone before, so I am not sure if I will be buying the offline version. I would have to ask about that since I don't have money. Kinda too nervous to ask.

I played Pocket Camp every day for years. I’m sort of sad that it’s ending but I very rarely play it anymore because I just found the events so repetitive. I think I probably will buy the offline version - I’ve sunk soooo many hours into pocket camp and I don’t want to lose it all. I’m really glad they’re at least giving us this opportunity, I didn’t expect it at all. I always knew pocket camp would shut down eventually but I think this is the best way it could’ve happened. It kind of depends on the price and what the new version contains but I’ll probably get it. Pocket camp has got some lovely items and without the microtransactions i think it’ll feel better to play. I can’t just abandon poor Drift 😭

Just got the email that said it will return as a paid app with no in-game purchases and our save data will be transferred. LT won't be transferred though as they will no longer exist.

Kinda weird move. Not sure if I want to buy it because I rarely ever play it.

I hope all the past limited time stuff is still purchasable.

I might actually play it now
Post automatically merged:

But like

If there's no micro transactions, there's realistically no reason to have energy now that I think of it.

I want an animal crossing game that is mearly an amalgamation of all the games tied with the best features.

I thought pocket camp had cooler furniture and stuff and sometimes they would disclude those things in other main title AC. So its like I want all the things in one place. I feel like some AC games wanted to take their own direction a bit too far and thats seen by new leaf mayor role, pocket camp android device, and NH crafting and stuff.

What if we took all the cool things and made one good game, starting from AC roots. All the furniture and items, fruit. Sorry NH lovers *no* crafting. The food is kinda cool tho. And 360 camera. We could have a town or island. A place where we really felt where we would end up living with also the same system of prechosen design. and later on development by tortimer. maybe even take that way further by allowing construction projects of terraforming but make it event centric and more meaningful and permanent

So like I want the game to feel connected and in flow with itself. I mean it feels like happy home designer and other add ons are an afterthought and seperate from the original game no matter the title. Each new game seems quite different from the last and in my opinion, Serves to alienate where we once came from; speaking as a person who started with wild world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doo
I wonder why they decided to change it after so many years?
Pocket camp did have ALOT of great items and beautiful clothing. Your villagers can play on the things you had in the campsite.
(Literally just got from one of the Fortune cookies a cool rope sliding thing and tree they could swing from 😞 )

I've never actually used real money in this game and I know a lot of people were annoyed a lot of the good stuff was behind leaf tickets that were hard to come by.
And for the longest time I couldn't play cause my laptop kept crashing the game and my old phone was not compatible.

I wonder what the new changes will be.

I used to play for years but lost interest.. I feel bad for anyone who spends a lot of irl cash on the game. I'm curious to see what the new pocket camp will be like though. This feels so sudden and outta nowhere though

Back