Pocket Camp end of service November 28th 2024

As soon as I saw the news I wanted to come to this site. While I had fallen out of playing Pocket Camp, the process of re-downloading it due to the End of Service Announcement brought back a flood of memories. The music is SO nostalgic, and takes me back to a very transitory period of my life from 2018-2020, and I had so much fun building friendships during that time due to this game. Those memories will last a lifetime. ❤️

I am TRULY glad they're taking the premium offline route. Too many mobile games become lost media because the servers go down and they become inoperable. (Dragalia Lost and Dr. Mario World are ones that comes to mind from Nintendo alone.) Good on Nintendo for that decision, and for even keeping it alive for what will be 7 years. I'll for sure be getting this offering to save my data.

Last point, I REALLY hope Nintendo decides to put at least some (preferably all, if possible) of the Pocket Camp items in New Horizons or the next Animal Crossing game. SO many good models they could use as a base for new items and a lot I absolutely adore, such as the regular and illuminated Birch Trees. Fingers crossed they see the potential! 🤞

this news made me so so sad! i saw it when i logged in right when the day changed so i could ask for quarry help for the new event. the new offline version just won't have the charm of the current version with all the social aspects. i'm going to miss sharing bugs, asking for quarry help, sending gifts, buying from market boxes, etc. :(

I honestly thought it had ended long ago, i stopped playing i think not long after lockdown, it was all about getting money to progress further honestly ☹️

I saw this and it made me so sad! While I haven’t played Pocket Camp in a little while I remember my extreme struggle for a few years to try and play it again 😭 I remember playing it around the time it first came out and thought it was so cool. I have spent so much time on this game and will definitely miss sending gifts and flower events…

However, on the bright side I am HYPED for an offline version without leaf tickets. I have all my Keroppi items so I am so ready to see what the game will be like! 🐸

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
I'm shocked, though I also feel a sense of relief to be honest. I've played on and off since launch, when I had more free time, played many other games, and had fewer hobbies aside from gaming. I've spent some money on leaf tickets and the game's subscriptions. It has been my only remaining mobile game for a long time now. Although I've had periods where I'd stop playing, I've still checked the new items each month. I've continued to play on and off because: a) I can tune in when a month's items interest me, b) I've such a large collection of items that I can use to decorate, and c) I've felt inclined to expand on my collection when I see other players' characters and creations. However, I've doubted I'd still enjoy the game if I'd to start from scratch. I guess I couldn't let it go because I've come so far, but now it feels like I can save some money and dedicate my free time to other things that bring me joy. It still feels like a sad end of a chapter, though...

In the coming days/weeks, I think I'm going to focus on deciding how to spend the remaining leaf tickets that I've been hoarding and do as many gift exchanges as I can. And I'll probably cancel my Happy Helper and Merry Memories plans soon.

Regarding the offline version, I appreciate that they're making an option for players to transfer existing save data, so it's not like the content that was purchased and earned will just vanish. However, it's bizarre to me that players need to pay to keep the content they've purchased. As of now, I most likely won't be purchasing the offline version because for me a lot of the excitement and pleasure of playing came from the online features. Anyhow, I'm still interested in seeing what the offline version will be like.

As sad as it is, I guess I am thinking of it as a more positive outlook to whatever the offline version will entail. I don't think it will change so much.
Getting those lovely fortune cookies used leaf tickets so it will be interesting to see how we can buy them. An hopefully the app will be a one time payment, but it really depends what differences will be added.

Does this also mean since it's offline, I don't need the wifi to play it? Because I don't use my credit for that and when sometimes at work their wifi went funny I couldn't play.
I have a lot of those maps for leaf tickets, and have quite a bit of money, should I grab those so I can buy th stuff I want with leaf tickets?

As sad as it is, I guess I am thinking of it as a more positive outlook to whatever the offline version will entail. I don't think it will change so much.
Getting those lovely fortune cookies used leaf tickets so it will be interesting to see how we can buy them. An hopefully the app will be a one time payment, but it really depends what differences will be added.

Does this also mean since it's offline, I don't need the wifi to play it? Because I don't use my credit for that and when sometimes at work their wifi went funny I couldn't play.
I have a lot of those maps for leaf tickets, and have quite a bit of money, should I grab those so I can buy th stuff I want with leaf tickets?
It sounds like we have through November to spend leaf tickets. So definitely get through those maps! And there will still be some things over the next couple months to buy with leaf tickets, so personally I’m not trying to go too crazy right away, but am getting a little looser spending them since I know we won’t have them much longer. If there’s something I want that costs leaf tickets I’m quicker to buy it than think on it for a while now than I used to be

I never used this and I'm kind of surprised it's ending so suddenly. I don't know if the player-base had diminished over time or if this is Nintendo's way of moving on to the next AC title or what. I would've never expected pocket camp to end so soon given the game was eating good with content compared to how much they had NH content starve in comparison.

damn, i was actually thinking of picking this back up sometime soon :/ honestly, i thought that pc was going to be around for a while..

the new version sounds interesting though, i guess i'll have to pick this one up instead.

It may be worth it to pick things back up for the last few months of online play! I really don’t know how they’re gonna change it to make it work offline cuz so many big features use online functionality…

I’ve started playing a bit more to make the most of the time we have left, exchanging gifts and stuff. I don’t know what’s going to be removed so I’m trying to get the most important things.

I'm kinda sad considering it was one of the few mobile games I actually played. I uninstalled it once I found out about the announcement since I figured it makes no sense in playing anymore.

Also wild thing to know Nintendo put more effort into Pocket Camp than NH with the constant events, furniture sets, etc...

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
This is sad news, I really enjoyed this game, was one of my fave mobile games. Not actually played in a bit as sometimes take breaks from it due to how repetitive the events are but loved the items (really hope some carry over to the next mainline game as would love to use them!), sending gifts to friends and decorating my campsite, could be a pretty relaxing game at times.

Going to try and keep up with it a bit more till it goes to try and send out some of the many gifts I still have and finish the game on a high.

I used to play it a bunch until I got a new phone a few years ago I couldn't figure out how to get my save back on it and quit. Well I wanted to give it another try after hearing this, and messing around with my old and current phones I got it back finally. Seems like things have changed so much from what I remember and I have a ton of leaf tickets to spend. Still not sure whats the best thing I should do with them, or what I'll miss out on by not being able to connect online. Anyway since I got my save I might go on to play that new version too.

Late to this but I'm def sad that it's ending!

I remember spending a lot of time on some of the gyroid events LOL. I hope they bring back some of the fortune cookie furniture in a later mainline game!!

That's so sad. I don't play it but I used to play it. I didn't have animal crossing so that was my animal crossing, after Amiibo Festival. So that was honestly my first animal crossing.

I feel for the people who only have Pocket Camp as their AC, and put a ton of effort into everything. It must've been a very sad notification. ♡ 🫂

Back