• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion

I'm wondering if the trainers are actually teens this time then.
I'm pretty sure he meant tall in the overworld.

In battle, the female protagonist looks pretty short and young.
b98936fb76.jpg

Not a great indicator, but in the battle scene, the G6 protagonists looked older than this girl does.

b98936fb76.jpg

Not a great indicator, but in the battle scene, the G6 protagonists looked older than this girl does.

Jesus can they remove those ugly mandatory hats at some points. Is hair taboo over there or ._.

b98936fb76.jpg

Suppose, it's like they just took the trainer size from when you could change clothes and just applied it to the overworld.

But she does look really young, What if both genders had different ages this time around?

AHHHHHHHHH THE FIRE STARTER AND THE CUTE STARTERS AND THE FRICKEN SPACE BIRB CIRCLE DUDE OMG IM SO HYPEI WNA IT NOW DUDE DUDE IM SO GETTING MOOON

Also I called it being a tropical region.

Main question, can we still customize?
In the Japanese video, the kid is given a selection of 4 skin colors for each gender, which also changes hair and eye colors. That was the starting point for XY customization too, so it's safe to assume that customization is back.

I just saw everything. Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed. Character customization confirmed. Adorable comercial confirmed. Feels confirmed. What's next? And I say feels because Pok?mon is something that has helped me make friends in the first place. So Pok?mon Sun and Moon will help me make more friends.

Also, like any game, I always end up loving most water type pok?mon and I think i will start Popplio. I am somehow thinking Popplio will end up water/ice type like Dewgong and Walrein.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The legendaries looks like reskined cyber beast from megaman battle network 6

This is so true. it was reminding me of Gregar from Megaman battle network and Leo from Megaman starforce

Main character in the US trailer at the 1:16 mark has a black striped shirt with black & white pants. Everywhere else he has a blue striped shirt with black and red pants. Same hair color and skin tone too, so we know the clothing isn't dependent on what you choose at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Yes. Try checking the Japanese trailer, there's a part there that shows character customization.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The cat or the owl? Why must you do this to me again nintendo?! I guess it will depend on their evolutions -.-

Pick the oooowl! But on a serious note, I'm waiting for their evolutions + megas. Sometimes it turns out that the cutest become the weirdest of all. =.=

Anyone else think that the Water starter might have a Water/Psychic evolution? Mainly because of the clown-y look it has. Thinking Mr. Mime here.

Is it just me or did the map look... kinda small? like I don't believe you can have a whole region that size.

For what its worth, I see some cool things in here. Like that the moon legendary looks like a dream catcher. I actually kinda think it teeters on being too gimmicky, but I think it works and I like the design actually. I agree with Jake the starters just don't look right, don't feel like starters. I think the cat one is gonna be most interesting, I've been dying to see a cat related pokemon that is useable and I like how the red spikes come out of its back when it uses moves. The Owl is adorable, I like the leaf bow tie and the one coming out of its butt. The seal though looks dopey af.... I do not like it, not to mention we have seal related pokemon already! its cooler when it stands with its fins on its "hips" but resting it looks dumb. I will have to see final evolutions to see who I'd pick.

Also the owl and cat are mostly night time animals irl, so I think were gonna be in for more nocturnal based pokemon. Calling it now, a Poison Possum pokemon

Is it just me or did the map look... kinda small? like I don't believe you can have a whole region that size.
I agree it looks very small. Was my impression when I saw it, as well.
But Hawaii consists in tons of small islands besides the main one. Maybe we'll have a archipelago-like region?

map_of_hawaii.jpg

Last edited:
The cat or the owl? Why must you do this to me again nintendo?! I guess it will depend on their evolutions -.-

yeah ._.

also the water starter looks way too unfinished for me, i hope its evo's are way better designed D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

also at this point totally getting moon, dreamcatchers are the best.

also i love how they had to make the starter grass/flying like.. weaknesses x 9000 -_-

Back