• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokemon Trading Center

i have a shiny quillfish/biberal/krabby/growlithe i am looking to trade for other shiny's (really looking for sunbbull)

please not chain fished shiny's coz they are cheap (will trade quillfish for chain fished shiny only)

I will trade a shiny luvdisc for your quillfish if you accept fish shinies for that one.

i have a shiny quillfish/biberal/krabby/growlithe i am looking to trade for other shiny's (really looking for sunbbull)

please not chain fished shiny's coz they are cheap (will trade quillfish for chain fished shiny only)

You know you want to trade your shiny Krabby for my shiny Bunnelby. :eek:

Updated my trading list:

Bisharp (level 55) - 25 bells
Tyrunt (level 20) - 25 bells
Fennekin (level 5) - 5 bells
Froakie (level 5) - 5 bells

Sold: Mega Mewtwo Y and Zygarde to SilverSea
Charmander + Charizardite X, Moltres, and Articuno to Touko
Zygarde, Ralts + Gardevoirite x2, and Gengarite to Scribbler
Absolite to K.K. Fanboy
Absolite to Animedan
Lapras to Bellxis
Abomasite, Abomasite, Aerodactylite, and Ampharosite to franza

Thanks for the trade, Franza!

Thanks for the trade, Deviouscrossing!

Last edited:

It's people like this that make those of us who have fishing chained shines feel bad. Personally, I don't see why they should be worth less just because they're easier to obtain. PokeRadar shinies are just as easy to get if you know how to use the radar, so why aren't they just as valueless then, hm?

maybe l8r idk

shiny bunnelby is ugly soz/not soz

shiny bunnelby, but, by your logic, it's still worth more than a fish shiny because it's caught on land; rather than in water. So, it's totally worth your krabby.

It's people like this that make those of us who have fishing chained shines feel bad. Personally, I don't see why they should be worth less just because they're easier to obtain. PokeRadar shinies are just as easy to get if you know how to use the radar, so why aren't they just as valueless then, hm?

chain fished shinys can be gotten within like an hour. Anyone can obtain them, thus making them more common (like if you want a shiny all you gotta do is go chain fishing, and you're gonna get a shiny fish - I believe there is 37). Thus there being 37 shiny Pokemon anyone can get (excluding version exclusive skrelp/clauncher & staryu/shellder). Think about that from an economic point of view...
As something becomes more common, it's price goes down - and that's the whole point.

And pokeradar chaining is completely different to chain fishing...

You're whole two points from your post;

1) Personally, I don't see why they should be worth less just because they're easier to obtain.
Like I said, look at that from an economical point of view. If there were more than one Mona Lisa's painted, all being legit copies it's not going to be as expensive because it's not as rare (i'm sure there are better examples but I just can't think of them). As production goes up, prices goes down. Just like in AC - the economy suffers because of duping - money is easier to get, and prices go down as they've got lesser value (just like how the 7-11 set went for around 30MIL before duping, then once duping was discovered, you're lucky to sell it for 7MIL)

2) PokeRadar shinies are just as easy to get if you know how to use the radar, so why aren't they just as valueless then, hm?
There's a huge ass difference between pokeradar chaining and fishing chaining.
a) you have to learn how to use the pokeradar (where as you don't really need to learn how to chain fish because it's literally stay in the same place, and throw your line in)
b) you have to spend so much money on repels
c) your chain if much more likely to break than during a fishing chain

You pretty much answered your own questions by saying "once you know how to use it" - that's the whole point. The difference between people who can chain fish and use the pokeradar is immense. So many people can chain fish, not many people can pokeradar chain. Thus making Pokeradar shiny's much more difficult to get, increasing their value.
If the pokeradar became just as easy as chain fishing, pokeradar shiny's would become of lesser value, because like i said, as production goes up, value goes down.

You don't have to agree/understand, but that's how the economy works, and whether or not you like it, that's how the majority of members (including myself) are going to be - because if I wanted a chain fished shiny, it's so much easier for me to just go out and get one myself, than trading something for one which I spent hours looking for.

shiny bunnelby, but, by your logic, it's still worth more than a fish shiny because it's caught on land; rather than in water. So, it's totally worth your krabby.
I can trade what I want for what I want. I didn't say shiny bunelby was worth lesser value, I just said it was ugly.

Last edited:
chain fished shinys can be gotten within like an hour. Anyone can obtain them, thus making them more common (like if you want a shiny all you gotta do is go chain fishing, and you're gonna get a shiny fish - I believe there is 37). Thus there being 37 shiny Pokemon anyone can get (excluding version exclusive skrelp/clauncher & staryu/shellder). Think about that from an economic point of view...
As something becomes more common, it's price goes down - and that's the whole point.

And pokeradar chaining is completely different to chain fishing...

You're whole two points from your post;

1) Personally, I don't see why they should be worth less just because they're easier to obtain.
Like I said, look at that from an economical point of view. If there were more than one Mona Lisa's painted, all being legit copies it's not going to be as expensive because it's not as rare (i'm sure there are better examples but I just can't think of them). As production goes up, prices goes down. Just like in AC - the economy suffers because of duping - money is easier to get, and prices go down as they've got lesser value (just like how the 7-11 set went for around 30MIL before duping, then once duping was discovered, you're lucky to sell it for 7MIL)

2) PokeRadar shinies are just as easy to get if you know how to use the radar, so why aren't they just as valueless then, hm?
There's a huge ass difference between pokeradar chaining and fishing chaining.
a) you have to learn how to use the pokeradar (where as you don't really need to learn how to chain fish because it's literally stay in the same place, and throw your line in)
b) you have to spend so much money on repels
c) your chain if much more likely to break than during a fishing chain

You pretty much answered your own questions by saying "once you know how to use it" - that's the whole point. The difference between people who can chain fish and use the pokeradar is immense. So many people can chain fish, not many people can pokeradar chain. Thus making Pokeradar shiny's much more difficult to get, increasing their value.
If the pokeradar became just as easy as chain fishing, pokeradar shiny's would become of lesser value, because like i said, as production goes up, value goes down.

You don't have to agree/understand, but that's how the economy works, and whether or not you like it, that's how the majority of members (including myself) are going to be - because if I wanted a chain fished shiny, it's so much easier for me to just go out and get one myself, than trading something for one which I spent hours looking for.

I can trade what I want for what I want. I didn't say shiny bunelby was worth lesser value, I just said it was ugly.

Except anyone can get any shiny they want if they're willing to put in the effort for it. By saying only certain people can get certain shinies is being kinda... obnoxious. If I really wanted to put the effort into it, I could learn to use, and use, the PokeRadar method. Problem is, the shiny I wanted isn't gonna be obtained from grass.

Besides the fact there are hundreds of shiny pokemon caught daily via the pokemon radar. The radar and chain fishing both guarentee the player a shiny if they're willing to work for it.

Also, it took me almost an hour and a half to get my shiny Skrelp.

Oh, and there's still a learning curve for chain fishing, as you DO need to have the timing down right or your going to break the chain within a few casts every time. Granted, I pretty much mastered it by the 4th try at it, but I still get distracted and, thus, break my chain.

Umm hi.

Looking for MEvo Stones exclusive to Pokemon Y, as well as an Abomasite, willing to pay 200 Tbt Bells for them. PM me :]

The thing with chain fishing is, it's much more common to get a shiny early on in the chain. The more you reel in doesn't affect the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon in the next reel.
If you break your chain, you just chuck it back in and once you reel in another 8 fish you chain is just as sturdy as it was when you'd reeled in 285 fish. Back when I chain fished, I had a chain of over 100, broke it, reeled my line in again, and got a shiny on like my 23rd chain

As for a pokeradar, the chance of finding a shiny increases on the more chains you get. So if you get to chain 30, you're so close to getting a shiny, and break it, you gotta start again. If that was a fishing chain, it's not going to affect it much, because like I said, in a fishing chain, shinyness isn't more likely when chains increase.

There is such a huge differnece between Pokeradar chaining and fishing chaining, people just think it's so simialr because of the word 'chain' - as you DO need to have the timing down right or your going to break the chain within a few casts every time - Oh yes... because pressing the A button once I see an '!' overhead is sooo hard.

whatever. bottom line is, i'm not trading my shinys for chain fished shinys, whether or not you like it or not, i'm not going to change that. so might as well get over it.

also nice to see you avoided the whole economic part of my post, so nice to see you agree with that aspect :-}

Also in my 'defense' none of the shinys im trading even came from Pokeradar chaining, so...

Last edited:
The thing with chain fishing is, it's much more common to get a shiny early on in the chain. The more you reel in doesn't affect the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon in the next reel.
If you break your chain, you just chuck it back in and once you reel in another 8 fish you chain is just as sturdy as it was when you'd reeled in 285 fish. Back when I chain fished, I had a chain of over 100, broke it, reeled my line in again, and got a shiny on like my 23rd chain

As for a pokeradar, the chance of finding a shiny increases on the more chains you get. So if you get to chain 30, you're so close to getting a shiny, and break it, you gotta start again. If that was a fishing chain, it's not going to affect it much, because like I said, in a fishing chain, shinyness isn't more likely when chains increase.

There is such a huge differnece between Pokeradar chaining and fishing chaining, people just think it's so simialr because of the word 'chain' - as you DO need to have the timing down right or your going to break the chain within a few casts every time - Oh yes... because pressing the A button once I see an '!' overhead is sooo hard.

whatever. bottom line is, i'm not trading my shinys for chain fished shinys, whether or not you like it or not, i'm not going to change that. so might as well get over it.

also nice to see you avoided the whole economic part of my post, so nice to see you agree with that aspect :-}

Also in my 'defense' none of the shinys im trading even came from Pokeradar chaining, so...

Sounds like your one of the damn lucky players then. My skrelp is the only shiny I've ever found without using an AR[in previous gens] to force the game to spawns shines for me.(I count them as semi-legit, because, while the shiny staus is -technically- hacked for; they're still having to be caught from the wild. It's just.. insanely easy to find them with the AR code active. Course.. can't do that now. Not until the 3DS is hacked[and we all know it will be eventually])

Anyway, I'm backing off now(and I had no reason to argue the economic part, as that does make sense; though I doubt certain fishing shinies are as common as others because people are gonna go for their favorites[such as shiny horsey or shiny lapras, for instance] over one they don't like as much).

Sounds like your one of the damn lucky players then.
I ain't lucky, literally all I've done for the past week is constantly stalk the friend safari for every waking hour of the day

Umm hi.

Looking for MEvo Stones exclusive to Pokemon Y, as well as an Abomasite, willing to pay 200 Tbt Bells for them. PM me :]

- - - Post Merge - - -

*just putting this in a new page so that it wont be hidden*
yes you said so like 20 minutes ago. please do not spam. just because it's a new page doesn't mean anything.
Reported.

*2 hours after, so that it wont be hidden*

I'm looking to acquire an Adamant Beldum with at least 4 perfect IVs, Moody Timid/Modest female Snorunt with similar IVs and a male Roselia with the move Aromatherapy for breeding purposes.

Can offer Adamant Marvel Scale Dratini, Adamant Huge Power Marill with Superpower/Aqua Jet/Belly Drum, Bold Serene Grace Togepi, & Careful Larvitar with DD/Pebbles/Pursuit egg moves, all with similar IVs in return.

I furthermore have a Timid level 66 Gengar with 4 perfect IVs and the move Disable that I'm looking to trade for something of equal value, offers please per PM. It is also EV trained in Sp. Attack and Speed.

Last edited:
Looking for: Manectite, Pinsirite

I'll offer...

Mewtwo with Pokerus + Mewtwonite X
Adamant Technician Scyther 3-5 31 IVs
Jolly Gible with Outrage, Metal Claw, Iron Head, Sand Tomb
Charmander with Solar Power
Japanese Ditto

If interested, PM me xD

Last edited:
OK. Looking for Helix, Dome and Armor fossils. I have Skull, Claw, and Root fossils for exchange. PM me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/list/fossil.shtml

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also looking for Abomasite. It's obtainable on every game so i won't expect high offers :)

Back