• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

poqu's art dump

Another crocodile illustration! I decided to go for slice of life vibes : D The room is pretty impractical though hahaha

laundry.jpg

I wanted to get some practice in with an interior so it was initially just a laundry room, but I eventually added a crocodile, and then it turned into a room with water on the floor lol. I thought having lots of props would make it feel more home-y ;u;
244682B6-7E94-4AEE-BAFF-666685F3DA13.jpeg

Partway through coloring I tried out how i might want to make ripples in the water and make it look like water, so I practiced small-scale on the thumbnail. And then I played with hue and saturation to see what colors I liked
92C13A9B-01EE-4CE5-AE2C-AE5D90706ED0.jpeg

I made these cute little drawings :> My sister ordered a makar plush for me so I drew it out of excitement lol. And the bokoblin is a little baby bokoblin ;u;

View attachment 381003View attachment 381004
That baby bokoblin is my spirit animal. I am watching my kids throw a tantrum and sometimes I just want to join them. Lol put that on a onesie and I'll have my baby model it, for sure. 🤩🙃🤣

Another crocodile illustration! I decided to go for slice of life vibes : D The room is pretty impractical though hahaha

View attachment 379672

I wanted to get some practice in with an interior so it was initially just a laundry room, but I eventually added a crocodile, and then it turned into a room with water on the floor lol. I thought having lots of props would make it feel more home-y ;u;
View attachment 379673

Partway through coloring I tried out how i might want to make ripples in the water and make it look like water, so I practiced small-scale on the thumbnail. And then I played with hue and saturation to see what colors I liked
View attachment 379676
Man every time I come back here I'm just absolutely stunned by your work!

I love your style so much! And the detail to the backgrounds (and I love your newest posts just as much; so cute 🥺). I can’t wait to see more of your artwork. :)

If you don’t mind me asking, how long does it usually take you to do backgrounds like the one you’re doing with the crocodile?

I love your style so much! And the detail to the backgrounds (and I love your newest posts just as much; so cute 🥺). I can’t wait to see more of your artwork. :)

If you don’t mind me asking, how long does it usually take you to do backgrounds like the one you’re doing with the crocodile?
Thank you!! I spent about 20 hours on the crocodile drawing overall so they take quite a while. A lot of time is spend drawing the outlines for everything but next time I’m thinking of applying some things I learned about painting and color so it may speed it up (or take longer since it’ll be a learning experience). I think it takes so long because I draw out all the details but I’m hoping to blur out things in the far background or in the shadow next time and bring more attention to objects in focus. This will maybe both save some time in the process and also mimic more how we see things in real life : )

A pokemon commission I did recently! It has much more of a "cool" vibe than my previous drawings lol.

rqz.jpg

The thumbnails for this:
Initially I had all the smoke outlined like I drew them in the thumbnails, but I ended up scrapping it for a more painted look so that it feels softer with some translucency.

rqzthumbs_v2.jpg

Turning office socks into penguins socks B) This was inspired by a pair of @dizzy bone 's socks

penguinsocks.jpg

My thumbnails: I was mostly choosing between the side view or the front view, and then I while figuring out a background i ended up designing the whole interior area haha. It sorta just felt like placing furniture down ac-style

2C813AFF-099E-4C90-AD60-D463CB096D74.jpeg

The socks in question:
4B40E731-618C-40CB-8AD6-7A836F53D303.jpeg

8B78D2AB-78FC-43F9-940A-0E6E6D91DD11.jpeg

Back