• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Possible pricing war over NL bundle? (Pricing Discussion)

Treasu(red)

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Easter Bunny
ど
う
ぶ
つ
の
森
I see lots of people pre-ordering. I've decided to wait, although, not too long. Does anyone else remember how Target and Toys R Us had a pricing war with the Pikachu XL? I'm waiting to see if they do it again with the NL Bundle.

And... really... the whole thing with Target and Toys R Us is a mystery to me. Because both their websites listed it at $200, but their ads went from $170 to $165. I wonder if they were honoring the lowered price to people who came to the register with the ad in hand.

In retrospect I should have bought a Pikachu XL- but not to own. (I even had it in my hands but the clerk said it was the last one and she wanted it.) Where I was they were selling for $200. They're upwards of $330 on Amazon right now and sold out everywhere else. I could have made a massive profit re-selling it. *sigh*

If I don't see any competition within the next few weeks I'll pre-order the NL bundle for the manufacturer recommended price.

Maybe Target and Toys R Us learned their lesson? Here's to hoping they didn't.

I'm not in the US but defs here in Australia, with every single big release game there almost always seems to be a pricing war between companies.

To be fair though the difference between the Pikachu XL and the New Leaf XL is that the New Leaf one comes with a game, and the Pikachu one didn't (at least I don't think it did).
There may be a price war going on between stored, but like I said I'm unsure about how the American system works - but if you are going to wait a little bit until you order, I'd wait until mid-May to see if the price drops then place a pre order sometime

I just hope they bring it out over here in Australia, going to give it a few weeks and then order it from EU if they dont!

Is it possible the pre-orders sell out? If so I'd rather pre-order now than risk the wait x-x

You know? I don't know. And that thought concerns me. I'm going to make a few phone calls in the morning.

@ Jake You have a point, the bundles ARE different, but the concept of the merchandise is still the same. If I find out there's no or little risk of selling out under pre-order pressure I'll probably take your advice and wait until ... oh... the first week of may. I don't want to wait too long, because I have one, single, solitary videogame retailer 30 minute drive away, and the closest one after that in a 300 mile radius is 169 miles away. Imagine a state size circle (or try to you Aussie... lol). Shrink that circle by 50%, and you'll one blip on the radar and nothing else anywhere else in the circle. That's my gaming store. I need to pre-order so the company knows that someone's alive out here and wants their product. FML. I live in the middle of nowhere.

You know? I don't know. And that thought concerns me. I'm going to make a few phone calls in the morning.

@ Jake You have a point, the bundles ARE different, but the concept of the merchandise is still the same. If I find out there's no or little risk of selling out under pre-order pressure I'll probably take your advice and wait until ... oh... the first week of may. I don't want to wait too long, because I have one, single, solitary videogame retailer 30 minute drive away, and the closest one after that in a 300 mile radius is 169 miles away. Imagine a state size circle (or try to you Aussie... lol). Shrink that circle by 50%, and you'll one blip on the radar and nothing else anywhere else in the circle. That's my gaming store. I need to pre-order so the company knows that someone's alive out here and wants their product. FML. I live in the middle of nowhere.
Luckily for you and me, Animal Crossing isn't really that popular here in the states so we're probably going to be fine, lol.

Is it possible the pre-orders sell out? If so I'd rather pre-order now than risk the wait x-x
It is indeed possible. :p
Some retailers and game shops close pre-orders a week or two before release. I think it'd be best to make your decision by mid-May at the latest.

I'm not Australian but I hope you get it, Cause it's not fair if the whole world gets it except Australia :(

Well, I'm in France and I preordered the bundle from amazon.fr. I was very lucky, right after they started listing it on the 18th the price was 169,90€ instead of 200€, ( an insane deal!!!) so I immediately preordered it with one click. Afterwards, when I tried to edit my order for a one-day delivery instead of the usual 3 day one, I found out I couldn't. I was puzzled, so I checked out the listing, it was reverted back to 200 €! And today, it's 219€!!

It seems like being fast paid off as amazon will have to honor the low price I preordered it :)

All this to say that yes, I'm pretty sure you will see some prices going up and down until the release!

Oh yes, preorders can be sold out indeed. Some stores stopped taking online preorders for the pikachu XL a few hours after even letting online preorders happen. I managed to snag an online preorder spot for my pikachu XL. I'm glad I did sinc emu entire state was sold out of consoles before noon. Granted, each Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Gamestop were only allowed 3 or 4 consoles per store (2 per GameStop) and it was first come, first serve.

I'm not sure, and I actually really doubt ACNL bundle will be as limited as that, but it's better to be safe than sorry. And also? If you take an in store ad paper, they price match. I know some stores do price match if you find it cheaper elsewhere.

I'm not Australian but I hope you get it, Cause it's not fair if the whole world gets it except Australia :(

I hope so too. I also heard that the EU version can play AU games, but its such a game wondering if they will release it here and when the stores will show if they will stock it or not... it could sell out >.< then I would be so upset. BTW I just liked your new leaf fan zone. looks cool :)

I was going to wait to pre-order but I got worried that it would sell out, especially with the cute bonus figurine so I just ordered mine. Animal crossing is pretty popular so it wouldn't surprise me if it got sold out.

I just ordered mine at gamestop and I saw a little notice on the counter advertising the ACNL3DSXL and it said that pre-orders can be closed off without notice. so I wouldn't wait too long, hell I only put $25 on it so that IF target or TRU have a better deal I can try my luck there first on the 9th and if no dice pick up the one I had on reserve.

There might be but there's no way I'm cutting it that close to pre-order. I'd rather pay full price and have it guaranteed from now than wait and possibly miss out.

I wouldn't mind getting it but I think im going to stick with my 3DS, also because I dont like the idea of it being preloaded onto it.

Back