• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Post Your Town Map

I guess my question is do you guys think it's worth it to throw away 100+ hours of work (in about 3 weeks) for a town layout that you love? It makes me sad to think about losing everything and starting over but I'm really frustrated with my layout and my cousin and boyfriend both have a resident in my town. Neither of them are attached to their characters. What do you guys think?

Ugh I still can't post pictures!!

Last edited:
I guess my question is do you guys think it's worth it to throw away 100+ hours of work (in about 3 weeks) for a town layout that you love? It makes me sad to think about losing everything and starting over but I'm really frustrated with my layout and my cousin and boyfriend both have a resident in my town. Neither of them are attached to their characters. What do you guys think?

Ugh I still can't post pictures!!

You can always transfer items and get villagers again, but town layouts are never going to change. I'd say, go ahead. It's worth it. Just ask someone to hold your items.

HNI_0095.JPG

I'm super proud of my map now! Got the police station and cafe pwps soon after one another. Now I just need to figure out how to landscape and do the paths =/

WVW69jqt22ER-l-Edh.jpg

This is Oeilvert. I'm slowly moving over my villagers from Balamb, because I hate the map oh so much.

WVW69jqt32I6cUhOm0.jpg

Gilead. I'm currently obsessed with The Dark Tower series (reading it for the first time), and I desperately wanted a town to reflect my newest literary love.

WVW69jqt5PohkuP98R.jpg

And Bunifrey, my gaming baby. This town is the sole reason why I bought a Powersave; even if it ever corrupts, I'll be able to restore it. I'd probably never pick up another Animal Crossing game for the rest of my life if I lost this town.

View attachment 184412

This is Oeilvert. I'm slowly moving over my villagers from Balamb, because I hate the map oh so much.

View attachment 184413

Gilead. I'm currently obsessed with The Dark Tower series (reading it for the first time), and I desperately wanted a town to reflect my newest literary love.

View attachment 184414

And Bunifrey, my gaming baby. This town is the sole reason why I bought a Powersave; even if it ever corrupts, I'll be able to restore it. I'd probably never pick up another Animal Crossing game for the rest of my life if I lost this town.

Nice to see someone with multiple towns for once!

If I wanted to have more I could, but maintaining one is hard enough. I'd only really have another one for cycling or maybe storing items. I remember having no room for anything in City Folk (mostly because all my friends used to give me a bunch of free stuff) and wishing I had a second town to shove it all.

This is Arborlon. Really pleased with the villager layout except for that one above the river :( It's Broccolo, and I can't decide if I want to let him go or not, not just because of the layout, there are other factors.
IMG_4274.jpg

This is Eternia.
IMG_4275.jpg

And this is Hobbiton.
IMG_4276.jpg

Last edited:
So I don't plot reset, I let villagers live where they place their houses the first time. Mainly because I don't know how to plot reset, but also because I really don't like them lined up, and I'm a slacker, so I ain't wasting time on that. :rolleyes:

This is Tazmily, my main town. It has no theme, and my villagers are just random villagers that I like a lot. I'm not super happy with it at the moment, and I can't bother redoing my whole town. I like my second town more, as a result.
town 1.jpg

This is Podunk, my second town. It's an all deer town, the only one I don't have yet is Lopez. Kody has his place at the moment, and I want him out as soon as possible. Kody is also preventing me from making a great bridge (he's the isolated one in the right corner). :mad:
town 2.jpg

I'm not really sure what people class a la a good map, I had my town with 5 ponds, triangle grazed.
Blue townhall roof, Green train station roof. But then my recycle was in the top right and Molly was in front of town hall.
I restarted again, realised that I should do a theme and my town layout is rubbish again. So then I restarted again and it was ok but my town hall, plaza, recycle and my grass patterns weren't perfect.

WVW69js45sAy7TQr-k.jpg

This is the town of Kamiki! My map looks like a mess haha
Some things about it:
Native fruit: Orange
Grass: Triangles
Train station: Brown
3 ponds (hate the one in front of train station)
8 rocks (yuck)

I really love this map, but I've considered resetting so many times. I then realized, working around the imperfections is part of making your town unique! :)

AmAXtGe.png

here's my weird lil map. it's given me trouble over the years but, you know, i think i'm cool with it now

Attachments

• fwm.jpg
    fwm.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
h9F3tkb.jpg

this is mine! i still need to move out two villagers though (the one in front of town hall and the one furthest to the right). i don't really like how the plaza is on the bottom half of town but it's alright i guess, i can deal with it

Last edited:
h9F3tkb.jpg

this is mine! i still need to move out two villagers though (the one in front of town hall and the one furthest to the right). i don't really like how the plaza is on the bottom half of town but it's alright i guess, i can deal with it

Ooh your map is very lovely!

HNI_0024.JPG
ignore the x's over certain houses!
this is my map! i like it quite a bit, but i was wondering what you guys think of it. native fruit is apples, grass is circle, train station is green, one pond.
and like a billion rocks i dont even want to count them

Hey guys! :) I really like all of your towns. It's really interesting to see the many different layouts. This is mine! Let me know what you think~

tumblr_of5e7pmN2z1shscqyo1_540.jpg

Native fruit: Apples
Neighbors: Stinky, Annalisa, Axel, Fuschia, Julian, Bones, Frank, Purrl, Velma, and Victoria

Up in the top left there's a big empty spot on the map, but I have a fountain there with fruit trees around it, so my map isn't completely uneven haha. Also trying to do a whole this whole splitting my town due to types of structures -like, on my left will be my mostly business structures, and towards the right will be a spread out neighborhood area.

Last edited:
Hey guys! :) I really like all of your towns. It's really interesting to see the many different layouts. This is mine! Let me know what you think~

tumblr_of5e7pmN2z1shscqyo1_540.jpg

Native fruit: Apples
Neighbors: Stinky, Annalisa, Axel, Fuschia, Julian, Bones, Frank, Purrl, Velma, and Victoria

Up in the top left there's a big empty spot on the map, but I have a fountain there with fruit trees around it, so my map isn't completely uneven haha. Also trying to do a whole this whole splitting my town due to types of structures -like, on my left will be my mostly business structures, and towards the right will be a spread out neighborhood area.

Ahhh I REALLY love your map! I love the pond in front of your mayor's house and the row of villagers on the right. Makes me wanna reset but I just did it a few weeks ago and spent so much time on it already heh. Your villagers are great too.. I love Stinky <3

I got a brand new hard copy of ACNL and I am being SUPER picky about my ma overart). The problem is, the odds of getting everything I want is almost impossible. I've been resetting for like a month and I STILL haven't found my dream town...

My Ideal Map: Apples, Blue Train Station, Blue Town Hall, Circle grass, South facing river, Ocean on the left side, large beach landing, Town Hall near the top of the map, Town tree not by railroad tracks, retail by the beach or at the top of the map, buildings not clustered together, no thin wasted land strip at the top of the map, and a private peninsula for the mayor's house.
Are other people this picky?

Back