Starry Mushroom Lamp
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Galaxy Cupcake
Blue Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Macabre-Symbol.png

Pumpkin Pageantry

Come one, come all! Behold, the fairest and foulest beasts of the lands: our pumpkins-- wait. Oh my gourd! The pumpkins are squashed! Uh... Well, this is awkward. We can't quite hold a pageant without our pumpkiny participants, now can we? Care to lend a hand -- or, rather, a pumpkin?

🎃 Task

To enter, you need to carve and/or decorate a pumpkin and submit a photograph of it along with a namecard containing your forum username!

Submissions are due by Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

🎃 Requirements

• You may use either a real pumpkin or a craft pumpkin (foam, plastic, etc.) of any size.
    • Any 3-dimensional pumpkin-shaped (or similar) object will count as a craft pumpkin. For example, handcrafted pumpkins, decorated pumpkin-shaped candy baskets, etc.
  • You may only have one pumpkin in your submission.
  • You may decorate using any materials except those containing illustrations not made by you.
    • For example, paper with generic patterns would be fine! However, ones with illustrations of characters or objects that were not made by you are not.
  • While you may decorate around your pumpkin, the focal point of your submission must be your pumpkin!
Please note that you are not required to carve your pumpkin for this event! If you do decide to carve your pumpkin and are not ordinarily allowed to handle the related tools (e.g. knives, hot knives), please exercise caution and/or do so with supervision.

🎃 Rules

• Only one entry per person.
  • Once your entry has been submitted, it cannot be edited.
  • The entry must be made completely by yourself*. No plagiarism and no collaborations.
  • Do not enhance your entries with filters or graphic programmes.
  • Please put effort into your submission. If we think your entry lacks effort, then it may be disqualified.
  • Keep content suitable for a PG-13 audience. If it would breach our Rules & Guidelines then it's not suitable here.
  • Entries that fail to meet the requirements will not be accepted.
* If you wish to carve your pumpkin but are unable to do so yourself, you may get help. However, the design must be yours.

🎃 How to Submit

Submit your entry by posting it in this thread by Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

Please make sure that:
✅ Your entry meets the requirements specified above.
✅ Your entry contains your TBT username.
✅You have attached the images of your entry and checked "entry" on the attachment's thumbnail. (See this post from a previous event if you're unsure how.)
✅ It is no later than Thursday, October 31st at 11:59PM EDT.

🎃 Prizes

Participation: 13 Carnival Coins

Staff Favorite:
  • 3 bonus Carnival Coins
  • Your choice of Cursed, Sinister, or Ancient Lantern (only one can be earned from the entire event).

Last edited:
You may use either a real pumpkin or a craft pumpkin (foam, plastic, etc.) of any size.
Hello! What is considered a 'craft' pumpkin? Unfortunately where I live we don't have carve-able pumpkins at all, the closest to a fake 3D pumpkin I've seen are the candy basket ones : ( I was thinking if we could craft 2D ones?

Hello! What is considered a 'craft' pumpkin? Unfortunately where I live we don't have carve-able pumpkins at all, the closest to a fake 3D pumpkin I've seen are the candy basket ones : ( I was thinking if we could craft 2D ones?
By craft pumpkins, I meant things like foam pumpkins. But I'll accept anything that is:
  • 3 dimensional
  • Pumpkin-shaped or similar
So while a 2D one wouldn't be accepted, I'd accept a candy basket that's painted/decorated so long as it's pumpkin enough, or handcrafted pumpkins.

By craft pumpkins, I meant things like foam pumpkins. But I'll accept anything that is:
  • 3 dimensional
  • Pumpkin-shaped or similar
So while a 2D one wouldn't be accepted, I'd accept a candy basket that's painted/decorated so long as it's pumpkin enough, or handcrafted pumpkins.
I see. :] Would a crochet pumpkin count? :0

To add on to @/skarmoury's question, can I follow a pattern and reference it in my entry? I did it already in another event before but I want to double-check again!
Oh, good question! Yes, but please do include the pattern somewhere in your submission. Referencing is fine, so as you show what you referenced!

hello so it turns out i left my crocheting tools in my apartment and i am far from my apartment rn lmao.
are we allowed to do origami or use paper to create a 3D pumpkin?? :0

hello so it turns out i left my crocheting tools in my apartment and i am far from my apartment rn lmao.
are we allowed to do origami or use paper to create a 3D pumpkin?? :0
As long as it's 3D and recognizable as a pumpkin, yes, that's fine!

Back