• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

I do admit, I do feel like an idiot spending my money on these but at the same time, life's too short to deny yourself stuff, no matter how foolish the items are, as long as your bills are paid. And I do think it would be pretty awesome having all 448 cards.
I sometimes feel silly buying them. Maybe that’s the reason I keep holding off on buying a few more. I don’t think I want them all but there are still a few I would love to have.

Another random little detail I just found out…

If you have the “haunt” reaction, and perform it directly in front of Wisp (when he still has his spirit pieces), he’ll lose them right away, and basically, he’ll ask you to go find them again and stuff just as if you were to talk to him normally. I haven’t tried this myself, but it sounds interesting.

It turns out that despite all the hours I’ve put in, I’m still learning stuff about this game. Who knew.

I’m having a room design block. I can’t get the furniture right in one of my hotel rooms. I think that it’s time to switch to another game for a while.

Amiibo Card update. So I have all the villager only cards in Series 1 from Bob #18 up to Lionel #72. I bought a new folder to put them in. I also bought the following Series 5 villagers

Quinn
Petri
Cephalobot
Faith
Frett
Sherb
Megan
Dom
Audie
Judy
Cyd
Shino
Raymond
Reneigh

So that means the only villagers left for Series 5 I need to get are Chabwick, Tiasheng, Rio, Ace, Roswell, and Marlo. I had already bought Ione and Sasha and I was given Azalea and Zoe for free for buying in bulk. I'm actually not spending too much money on these. I've bought around 70 or so cards in the last few weeks and I only spent about $150 or so. Most of the cards are really pretty cheap except the popular villagers like Marshall. Raymond's card was only like $10 and the guy I'm buying from ships for free and throws in free cards. He gave me another Limberg card when I already have Limberg but I guess it's double Limberg. XD

I'm not planning on buying anymore cards until my next payday in two weeks.

I hope I get a decent smug villager in my campsite. I don't expect it to be a favorite smug...I just don't want him to be...Hans...

Apparently I've never crafted the simple wooden fence, the first fence recipe you get from Nook.

20230831_224236.jpg

Idk why it surprised me, but logging in today the little island icon on the bottom right was brown instead of green. It is September but I guess I didn't expect to see brown grass anywhere until later. My actual island still has green grass though. Fall is upon us 🍂

A moment of silence for the hybrid mystery tour island, you will be missed.
I never understood why that island got removed early on. It's like Nintendo wanted to make breeding flowers much harder than it needed to be.

Isabelle's eyes always scare me when I see them like that!
Meanwhile, me seeing Aurora’s big, black eyes turn red is kind of freaky. A few other villagers do it too, like Kidd (not big thankfully) and Dotty.

I grew used to Dotty’s rather quick, because she’s such a cutie otherwise and it’s a pretty cool trait. I usually laugh when I see fan art of her being portrayed as a cute-looking psycho with fire red eyes.

Roscoe’s white areas turning dark yellow when he’s angry is also the coolest thing ever. He especially looks awesome when he’s doing strong man poses. There’s one portrait I did of him and Bruce doing a strong man hands-to-hip pose for my Brucewood Mac story, and I can’t stop admiring it. It would look so good if I used it as actual album art.

Tutu is so freaking CUTE!! I just invited her to my campsite and her little smile and eyes when closed look like upside down u's is so ADORABLE!!

I find Papi's x eyes very cute. Like a little stuffed horse plush that lost its button eyes.

I just noticed they finally confined the mosquito in a glass case in the museum. I remember it used to bite us in the museum.

Back