• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

I just noticed they finally confined the mosquito in a glass case in the museum. I remember it used to bite us in the museum.
Yep. Having mosquitos bite people in a museum as an “experience” would lead to many lawsuits I’m sure! :ROFLMAO:

I can tell that the random barge-ins are inching closer and closer for me. Celia (if Normals can do this) will probably be the first to pull this stunt, since she seems to be the only one I can give gifts to at the moment, which means has the highest friendship as of now.

Does anyone else pick up all the fallen tree branches every day? I know it doesn’t drag down your town rating, but my OCD kicks in hard and I need to clean them up. I even know how many to pick up a day (15), and if I only find 14, I go on a manhunt for the last one.

It’s the most pointless thing ever, but I somehow always get a massive interest to find a single tree branch in a video game with talking animals. Yep, I’m a pretty weird dude.

Have you noticed that the requirements to getting a net or fishing rod have always been the same, but requirements to getting a golden axe have never been the same?

Anyone else noticed in DAs when in a villager's home. Their music players don't play any music..it's just silent. Unless the owner of the island added a TV (if on) or the portable radio in the house.

Anyone else noticed in DAs when in a villager's home. Their music players don't play any music..it's just silent. Unless the owner of the island added a TV (if on) or the portable radio in the house.
I never noticed. I wonder why it's that way. I guess that is one advantage to the radio (beyond hearing seasonal ads and having variety).

I'm very proud of how my collection is coming along. This is just series 1 villagers and series 5 villagers

ipiccy_image (5).jpg
ipiccy_image (6).jpg
ipiccy_image (7).jpg
ipiccy_image (8).jpg

Last edited:
I can tell that the random barge-ins are inching closer and closer for me. Celia (if Normals can do this) will probably be the first to pull this stunt, since she seems to be the only one I can give gifts to at the moment, which means has the highest friendship as of now.
On second thought, it will probably be Katt. On a previous island I had, only Snooty and Sisterly villagers were getting me into that whole rigmarole (and I don't have any snooty villagers on my current island at the moment). And I had that island for over a year. Plus, Katt is a starter along with Tank, though I am not worried about Tank doing it. None of the other six personalities would barge in...and like I said, I had that previous island for quite a bit.

And in New Leaf, it is Snooty and Cranky villagers that did this to me...at some of the most awkward circumstances, I might add. But I digress... :ppp

. . .​

Also, I can already give gifts to my most recent villager (Celia and my two starters are not the only ones anymore), but I still cannot give gifts to some of my preceding move-ins. XDDDD

Brooo this game is whaacckk./lh

Last edited:
I saw someone post in the screenshot thread about Kiki getting a new shirt and requesting the player to temporarily look away.

Like, Kiki, you don't even wear pants! :ROFLMAO:

So, Henry moved off of my island today (he was in boxes yesterday) and I didn't get a farewell letter from him. O_O

So this is interesting, but when I caught a bell cricket, it said “I found a bell cricket”. I don't know if this is only me, but it doesn't make sense because the word “found” is mostly only used when referring to inanimate catches. So I have a theory.

What if, when you catch a bell cricket, it's exposure to your net and player's hands causes it to die somehow? Then, you realize that and say “found” instead of “caught”. I don't know anything about bell crickets irl, but maybe this is a characteristic of them.

Okay, but the actual reason it happens is probably just because of either a glitch or typo.

So, I bought the famous painting from Redd. It looked genuine; let's hope I'm right... ._.
Eh, at least I will get the "Faked Out" Nook Miles achievement if not, but I rather wait to get that.

So, I bought the famous painting from Redd. It looked genuine; let's hope I'm right... ._.
Eh, at least I will get the "Faked Out" Nook Miles achievement if not, but I rather wait to get that.
I once bought a fake version of one I already donated, and tried to donate the fake on purpose just to get the miles. I always used a guide for seeing if certain art was real or fake, just so that I could properly catalogue it. In your case, the famous painting's fake has the Mona Lisa looking angry, so if it's that, it's fake.

I eventually grew sick and tired of trying to get the remaining art from Redd the long way, so I just went to someone's island and got the pieces I needed, and now my museum is complete. I also catalogued all the fake art for HHP reasons.

I once bought a fake version of one I already donated, and tried to donate the fake on purpose just to get the miles. I always used a guide for seeing if certain art was real or fake, just so that I could properly catalogue it. In your case, the famous painting's fake has the Mona Lisa looking angry, so if it's that, it's fake.

I eventually grew sick and tired of trying to get the remaining art from Redd the long way, so I just went to someone's island and got the pieces I needed, and now my museum is complete. I also catalogued all the fake art for HHP reasons.
yeah, luckily, Mona Lisa wasn’t looking angry, so I’m hoping this is a genuine painting

yeah, luckily, Mona Lisa wasn’t looking angry, so I’m hoping this is a genuine painting
Yeah, just look at her eyebrows. If they're much less defined (you can barely tell she has eyebrows), it's real.

I had a completely random thought just now. When a villager does the "joy" reaction, they normally close their eyes (or their pupils turn to half-outlines to represent that, which I find completely normal). Rasher, on the other hand, keeps his eyes open and just looks up while grinning widely with his teeth. He probably has one of the creepiest grins ever, which fits his rather mischievous-looking appearance. His request in HHD and HHP basically tells you that he's a criminal.

I've got a theory. Maybe he's the one working for Redd by stealing genuine artwork, while Redd makes the forgeries. That sounds like a good story to me...

Last edited:
Amiibo Card update

I now officially own all the series 1 amiibos, from Isabelle all the way to Walker.

I am now starting on series 2
Yesterday I got paid from work so I got

Lucha, Felicity, Coach, Vladimir, Pate, Gwen, Ozzie, Cookie, Phoebe, Tipper, Poncho, Tia, Tom, Savannah, and Kitt.

I also bought Rudy and Spork because my co worker was excited about those two villagers and told me I HAD to get them NOW and since I was below my $50 amiibo budget, I went ahead and got them even though they are in series 4 and 3 respectively.

I also decided to get Ketchup because I wanted the most expensive RV bought and out of the way so I won't have to worry about it later.

I also decided to get Ketchup because I wanted the most expensive RV bought and out of the way so I won't have to worry about it later.
I got somewhat lucky with my NA Ketchup card. A seller on eBay had it for sale, and was doing a promotion where if you bought a bunch of cards all at once, some of the cheapest ones would be free. Of course, Ketchup wasn’t free (her card only cost me $70 however), but at least I could fill in some empty slots.

I’ve seen sellers try to sell her card for nearly $300 or more. I mean, come on. I don’t think she’s the most popular villager, but her name is Ketchup, after all…

Back