• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

I got somewhat lucky with my NA Ketchup card. A seller on eBay had it for sale, and was doing a promotion where if you bought a bunch of cards all at once, some of the cheapest ones would be free. Of course, Ketchup wasn’t free (her card only cost me $70 however), but at least I could fill in some empty slots.

I’ve seen sellers try to sell her card for nearly $300 or more. I mean, come on. I don’t think she’s the most popular villager, but her name is Ketchup, after all…
I got the EU Ketchup card because the guy I'm buying from only has the EU RV Cards so all my RV Amiibo cards are going to be the EU version, which I don't mind because they will still work the same.

$300 is ridiculous. No amiibo card on earth is worth that much.

I also decided to get Ketchup because I wanted the most expensive RV bought and out of the way so I won't have to worry about it later.
You know what, I’m just happy I bought Welcome Amiibo cards when they released in NA and got lucky enough to have Ketchup. (And Raddle) as my first 6 in a single pack.

You know what, I’m just happy I bought Welcome Amiibo cards when they released in NA and got lucky enough to have Ketchup. (And Raddle) as my first 6 in a single pack.
Yeah that is lucky. Intially I never had an interest in amiibo cards but when my mom suggested collecting something to help curb my anxiety, I decided on Amiibo cards since they are able to be used in game, there are a lot to collect and if my focus is on collecting the cards then it won't be focused on worrying. It's not a cure all but it is working.

I think the most expensive amiibo I have left to obtain (that’s not JP exclusive) is Norma. I already got some of the most expensive ones being offered on eBay, and I’ll get the rest eventually.

I have Raddle’s card, and he’s ironically my least liked villager. I only bought his card for collection completion reasons, and not at an insane price thankfully.

Hopefully Nintendo will relaunch ac amiibo cards for the next game (with a better plan). Surely they will add more villagers anyway.

I know you'd have to compete with bots regardless of cautions Nintendo or Stores take, but maybe it will cause prices to drop some online if it isn't near the holidays.

It was ridiculous how hard they were to even find last time let alone actually acquiring.
It would be cool to have a binder of all official ac cards, but that's a tough ride $ wise.

Id hate to see the madness of amiibo figures.. or a plush with an amiibo in it.

It really annoys me how everytime whenever I get a random visitor at the Campsite its a villager who I already seen already.

It would be cool to have a binder of all official ac cards, but that's a tough ride $ wise.
There were official binders released for series 1-4 back when Happy Home Designer launched, but were sold in Europe only, and are now hard to find. What's cool about them is that there are separate pages behind the clear slot pages with full-size pictures of every card, but with the character blanked out to represent still needing to obtain their card. Each binder is also color-coded depending on the series, and has some unique HHD art on the inside hardcover page. I was lucky enough to get all four binders before amiibo functionality was announced for New Horizons, as I had a strong feeling that the functionality would return. I bought two of the binders on Amazon (when they were for sale by 3rd party sellers) and the other two on eBay, before they became hard to find.

I actually obtained most of my cards through eBay in early 2019 before that announcement. After that, everyone started buying cards again, and prices rose. I wish I could've bought packs at the store when those cards first came out; I love the mystery of seeing who I could get. I took a long break from Animal Crossing after playing City Folk (basically all of my middle and high school years), and didn't start playing New Leaf until after graduating in late 2018 after watching a 40-part playthrough by one of my favorite streamers. Between the period of me starting NL and the NH amiibo announcement, most of the amiibo stuff wasn't worth a whole lot, even though packs were no longer being sold physically in stores by then.

An official HHD binder was released in the US, but it's just a generic "fit any card in it" type of binder with official Animal Crossing designs. What's cool, though, was that I was able to fit the entirety of Series 5, RV, and Sanrio in it. I have to share four slots, but it's no big deal. This dumb amiibo collection surprisingly became one of my most prized collections other than silver coins, but for emotional reasons.

It really annoys me how everytime whenever I get a random visitor at the Campsite its a villager who I already seen already.
I have yet to find a villager I've encountered at the site previously. Around when my 12th visitor or so showed up, I started "archiving" my visitors by screenshotting them in the tent. So far, I've archived 76 villagers.
I take this game too seriously lol

Last edited:
Those binders sound nice and I didn't know about them. Pretty cool.

I wonder if encounter rates change if you get a villagers photo or not. I know there's been data mining but I don't remember hearing anything special about encounters.

I'll be curious to see how many repeats spawn. I'm not hunting villagers or using amiibos on my current Island, but I will be keeping track of villagers that move in via an app and villager photos. In the past, repeats were an issue on the dodo islands for me. You'd think you'd have an easy time hunting with the first house plots having personality locks. 100s of tickets don't matter.

I'll be curious to see how many repeats spawn. I'm not hunting villagers or using amiibos on my current Island, but I will be keeping track of villagers that move in via an app and villager photos. In the past, repeats were an issue on the dodo islands for me. You'd think you'd have an easy time hunting with the first house plots having personality locks. 100s of tickets don't matter.
I know that when I was doing some villager-hunting via the campsite, I found one villager (Graham) twice, and a few villagers from now-deleted save files (Off the top of my head, I can recall Truffles, Rocket, Drago, and Monique) there. Then again, that was in New Leaf, and this thread is specifically for New Horizons. Maybe NH does things differently.

The binder I use for my cards is this one

I didn't have to get the 900 card one but it was the one that zipped and was colored yellow (my favorite colow)

1000001493.png

I got an old photo too...

Old Bridge.jpg

I can't believe I took this over three years ago. Every villager is in a different spot, the paths were still being made, and my house was in between the waterfalls. I've made quite a bit of progress since then.

Uhhh… so, I was walking along the beach, doing some fishing, and I saw Rooney, he had the thought bubble thing going on, so I talked to him… then he started to get confused on who needed whom… then he just said forget about it.

Wut? O____o

I wanted to farm fossils on NMT islands for the final achievement, but 5 mystery islands in and I haven't seen a single one. ;w;

F7Mpq_OW8AA3kMZ.jpeg

Claude is my last remaining starter villager. His house before I changed it to what it is today.
I will not miss that dirt floor.

I found him on the 3rd ticket! 3rd!
I almost didn't get him because of the fate of the starter villagers. But I also knew somewhere down the road, we will have some kind of ability to change their homes.

Or else, Claude would've been the bunny who lived in the island's shed.

In my island of StarGlow, Sprinkle, Flo, and Tex are the only villagers absent in the GameCube version. Isabelle, Orville, and Wilbur weren’t in that game either.

I feel like the people in ac are dolls and the villagers are stuffed animals.
I know there are a lot of theories about the AC world being about the afterlife or what not.

I feel like the people in ac are dolls and the villagers are stuffed animals.
I know there are a lot of theories about the AC world being about the afterlife or what not.
Meanwhile, my island is actually a fantasy dream where I live in a place full of peace and love, and I treat all the villagers as if they were my real life dogs that have actual brains and talk (aka hugging them every day).

Once in a while, I'll dream something like this in my sleep. I don't think I'm mentally okay.

Back