• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Reasons for getting double stuff, like the bundle and physical copy?

Bear_Crossing

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Orange (Fruit)
So, many people, I've heard, are getting two things, sort of like doubles. Say, the bundle and the physical copy together, or, the bundle and 2 physical copys. I probably sound stupid, but I don't understand why people are spending more and more money on extra stuff for themselves. :) Sorry if I make no sense.

I think some people maybe do it so that they can have 2 towns and therefore not necessarily rely on online play

Some people want the bundle and the physical copy, because they want the physical copy of the game, but the bundle comes with it digitally.

Some people might want one for a model town like Aika Village, and then use the other one for normal use.

I was thinking about getting two copies of the game, one digital and one hardcopy, only so I could have two towns. If I did this I'd probably use the hardcopy as my serious account and the digital account just for fun, maybe to make a town mimicking Aika Village.

I'm getting a bundle for my girlfriend and Day 1 digital for me. As for buying multiples FOR themselves? I don't understand it either. Must be people who are really in to collecting...there is a sort of novelty to it.

I don't understand that

some people have so much money they worry about what they're going to buy next lol

I will have two towns, a digital and physical copy. Originally, I was only going to have the one town, but then my Japanese town had a few thefts. I don't want that to happen to my display town, but I still want to wifi with people, so I will wifi with the second town that will not house my display town.

I don't understand that

some people have so much money they worry about what they're going to buy next lol

You imported the Japanese version, which is far more expensive than buying two English copies, and many don't understand that either.

Pot calling the kettle black. :p

Last edited:
I will have two towns, a digital and physical copy. Originally, I was only going to have the one town, but then my Japanese town had a few thefts. I don't want that to happen to my display town, but I still want to wifi with people, so I will wifi with the second town that will not house my display town.

Thefts?

You imported the Japanese version, which is far more expensive than buying two English copies, and many don't understand that either.

Pot calling the kettle black. :p

I bought it because I want to learn Japanese :p

Same reason as me, plus all of the Japanese exclusive games. You should have seen some of the boards back in November.
"Why do they buy it when they can't understand the language? That's dumb."

I actually think that getting this console was a great investment, everything is in Japanese so you are motivated to learn :D

I want to learn japanese. I like learning new languages, but I was discouraged by someone because it is "too hard". Is it really that hard to learn?

I want to learn japanese. I like learning new languages, but I was discouraged by someone because it is "too hard". Is it really that hard to learn?

I still struggle a lot, but it isn't THAT hard. Over the summer I will study seriously, but right now I have school.
Watching anime helps a lot, I picked up and dropped Japanese so many times... Animal Crossing is something I play daily, so it is very helpful.

I still struggle a lot, but it isn't THAT hard. Over the summer I will study seriously, but right now I have school.
Watching anime helps a lot, I picked up and dropped Japanese so many times... Animal Crossing is something I play daily, so it is very helpful.

And there's furigana to hep with the kanji! :D Not all games have it.

The only reason I can really think of for having two copies of the game (without one being the Japanese version):

"I have a lot of money I'm not doing anything with, might as well have two copies!"

It's funny how people just assume that anyone with more than one copy has a ton of money to burn. I don't, I saved up for both copies.

I was just being silly cuz I knew somebody was gonna say it. xD

If I could afford to get both, I probably would have gotten a physical copy and the 3DS XL thing. But I is le poor and there's no way I'm getting an XL right now.

Back