Mafia Redd's Revenge - Game Thread [GAME OVER]

I've reread. I'm struggling to see a team here.

Intetested to see what volt has to say. Also want to hear just basic thoughts from everyone. Something. Anything. Hopefully with plenty of time before eod.

I'm still where i was with earlier reads. Nothing much new stood out to question.

Ribbit - i covered the open wolfing/jokes that seemed a poss maf tactic. Not much else. Maybe this?
nah im just kidding but i would agree that the dan/shell slots are my biggest leads rn just based on vibes alone. i would like to hear more from the inactives before looking into to either closely though

Ig why wait for inactives to be active before looking into dan/shell?

For lily-
if we are just throwing names around lily seems to have a different vibe than last game
Lily responded to that, np.

On the different vibes- early post was
any thoughts on who might be have kidnapped nook?
Which seemed not as independent as last game, and offered no comment on the votes at that point.

But - the interaction with ness definitely seemed a very independent town lily.

For doo, Shell posts pretty much what im thinking, lol.
it’s hard to articulate why, but the logic here does not exactly feel right for a clueless villager, like doo is seemingly appearing as.

I struggle to tell between confused new town and confused new maf faking confused new town.

But the wifom post of 'why does ness trust me' - seemed a town paranoia post, lol.

Meh.

Not a team with ribbit I think. I didn't catch if dino responded to your alliance, but if not, not a team with dino.

Interesting though- the responses to my "nothing fishy there".
You seem a bit defensive, but that actually seems normal. 😅
Ribbit responded with a (i assumed joking) reason you'd be fishy.

I don't think it's you rn.

Hi shell! Welcome to the game!
i dont understand this line of thinking

every time i read an old game and i see ness’ early game posts i always just think “its ness its ness he’s going to (kidnap) them all”. same feeling right now lol
Post automatically merged:

there’s no actual reason to sus ness that i can see though
real

I'm slightly confused about the phrasing here but I'm assuming that the subject is about Dan being weird? Because I'd agree that it's just a joke but he name dropped Doo and Bongo by name and then myself, I explicitly said "which one it's serious" and then he still ever so slightly skirted around it on post 12.

This is all obviously conjecture and I don't see much weight in it myself, but I do find a modicum of interest in it given that there's nothing to work with. If I'm not mistaken, Doo has checked in at this point but not Bongo, so if I'm broadening my mind then I think there's a tiny window of a Dan/Doo team.
also im a bit lost on how betsy not saying something makes dan looks worse

Yay- people posting at lunchtime! 🎉
The same boring people, but still.

Townread. When you think they're innocent.

Pfft. Sus. Not sheeping at all, obv.

The things that pinged me early on you-

Cousin discounts. Open wolfing is usually written off as joking and can be effective maf tactic.

You only missed 7 posts, one liners, at this point, not even an hour of game time. A couple minutes max to read thru. Strange to come back and not even skim over before asking this.

The shell/dan grill on past game reading of ness - dunno. But rn, i do think it's one of dan/ribbit/shell.

Shell advocating voting out dan "just in case" (unless joking and i just missed it) - not town trait imo. If sus, heck yes, vote em off. But just in case, nah.
hate to say but this is the second betsy post where it feels like forcefully putting content out

im willing to get my hands dirty. im not willing to play your game. i will tell you the same thing i told dolby, i will play the game my way.
dolby is gonna hear it for the rest of eternity

Don't say "pass me off as tunneling" like it's a bad thing! 😂

If you think someone is off, and you hold that read and press that person - that's what i refer to as tunneling. Imo - tunneling is a town trait.

So when i see you fixating on one person, i tr you. And when the person you are, uhm, 'focusing' on also pinged me wrong early game, i pay attention to the responses, so it helps.

I "hyperfocus" on people. If I'm wrong, could be bad. But if I'm right, 🎉. Gets more reactions/posts, etc going, too.
thats not tunneling. tunneling is focusing on one person only and not caring about anything else and refusing to consider or sometimes even talk about other options.
tunneling is not town indicative because it's easy to do. you just choose a target and attack them ad infinitum
a player comes to thread only to answer whoever they are tunneling and only talk abt how that person is sus. it's unproductive

Betsy tonally just feels forced in some of the posts so voting there for neo
oh thats-
bruh

Oh 😂 I literally had no idea what was going on at the beginning. Like the tr and tunnelling and wolves etc, all those other words. I thought I there was a discord group for all of us when it got mentioned, I kept checking to see if I’d been added lmao. To be honest I’m so clueless the town would probably be better off without me 🥲
a bit wifom-y but ill give the benefit of the doubt because their posting is fine

Poe always ends up with a dead town d1. 🙄
You're a better solver than this.
Which leads me to believe you aren't really 'solving', eh?
weird ass argument
ok but guys, guys, what if it’s dan and ness because they are so split that if one flips wolf the other will never be sussed again
towniest post

i want to put here that shell is prob my strongest tr rn, specially bc they have the same opinions for d1 voting as i do

It would be so easy for Ness to just blame me in my noobness but he hasn’t done that.

Is there any reason why the mafia would want me to stay on rather than a different town player? Potentially?? Because i dont know what I’m doing so maybe they’d rather get out someone who’s likely to sus them?

Ness doesn’t want to vote me out. Omg maybe he’s just trying to get me on his side as like an honorary 3rd mafia member 😭😂

I think he’d want me voted out at some point though, so perhaps openly believing me would be a weird thing to do if he was mafia, because he’d likely go back on it. Maybe he’s just hoping I say something stupid 😂

If Ness is town, why would he want me to stay?
-For numbers.
-Could be hoping I drop out and get replaced by someone better. 😂

I’m curious why Ness trusts me.

I think shell being suspicious of me doesn’t mean a lot, I probably am suspicious. Oops😂
mafia ness would keep you alive to pocket you
i think hes town but. yk.
but weird post that has net zero conclusions

The beginnings of wifom. It starts.

Am i just being kept alive as a patsy to maf, or as a fellow villager by town? This person townreads me, so they're probably town bcuz I'm an easy target. But wait! What if they're maf and trying to get me on their side? But wait, they're probably just town? Or are they?

Wifom means wine in front of me. Kind of a circular thinking that always leads me to confusion, lol. I do tend to see it as more of a town trait, because you're looking for motives. But not always! Could be a trick. Or could be true town. Or not.

what

i dont have much thoughts abt dino or bongo(?). doo seems too self aware for my liking
ness is fine ig, ill revisit if he lives too long
something strikes to me that ribbit is trying to mimic his style from last game but lacking the honesty he had. it looked fine earlier but slowly seemed he lost steam
betsy is weirrrrrd i dont know if im just not getting it but everypost seems shes grasping for straws. and i already know shes going "This is Day One. I'm trying to put my thoughts what there and see what sticks. We don't have much to go off." like I KNOW but it's not good enough reason to be exaggerating reality
lily is lilying

I was considering voting for damniel since quite a few people seemed sure on them, but now i am completely lost

Reactions: Doo
you mostly have a tone read on her right?
I guess. Its mostly a gut read, as in her being evil doesn't feel entirely right. I get the sense she's thinking about the situation honestly and is going through every train of thought; I feel like she isn't faking what she's putting out. I might be blinded by her immediate townread on myself, but even that felt a little realistic.

Your slot was confusing me because Daniel wanted two players I read as town dead, but with you here now I feel like we can communicate a little easier (no disrespect to Dan)

i dont understand this line of thinking
It's quite simple. Ness asked if i saw him teamed with ribbit or dino. I said 'not a team i think' and gave reasons.

also im a bit lost on how betsy not saying something makes dan looks worse

I don't see how that's related to what you quoted from ness, but i followed the link and found the ribbit post claiming i had ignored something.

This was something that made me sus of ribbit. Because i hadn't ignored it, i had already given my opinion (on dan) just before that.

hate to say but this is the second betsy post where it feels like forcefully putting content out

You quoted a post in which i was responding to someone - expaining the ribbit sus posts. How is responding to someone "forcefully putting content out"?

thats not tunneling. tunneling is focusing on one person only and not caring about anything else and refusing to consider or sometimes even talk about other options.
tunneling is not town indicative because it's easy to do. you just choose a target and attack them ad infinitum
a player comes to thread only to answer whoever they are tunneling and only talk abt how that person is sus. it's unproductive

You say to-may-to, i say to-mah-to. I view tunneling as being hyperfocused on one person and holding onto that read. Not wanting to let it go. I rarely see maf tunnel. Usually, maf keeps their option open. Ness's tunnel on ribbit (from very early, and continuing even now) seems to me a town trait.

weird ass argument

Pfft. What's weird is this carbon copy of Dan's argument to target me. Especially when the arguments don't make sense (see above).

In the post you quoted, i was commenting on the oddness of doo's post, and how it seemed a case of wifom, where you get trapped in circular thinking with no conclusions.

You know, kind of like what you said about that exact same post.
but weird post that has net zero conclusions

Yeah, this is so fishy it's funny. So congrats volt, you've earned my vote. 🎉

you mostly have a tone read on her right?

Actually, I believe ness commented on my logic, etc when tr me.

betsy is weirrrrrd i dont know if im just not getting it but everypost seems shes grasping for straws

I have pointed out where i see something off, and then questioned people on it. Imo, this is what we should all be doing.

So please, explain how you think this is weird or grasping at straws.

Last edited:
In the post you quoted, i was commenting on the oddness of doo's post, and how it seemed a case of wifom, where you get trapped in circular thinking with no conclusions.

Who’s suspicious? Me or volt? Or both? I didn’t come to a conclusion because I just don’t feel informed enough to. I kind of just wanted to see what other people thought of it, since I don’t know how the game usually goes.

Who’s suspicious? Me or volt? Or both? I didn’t come to a conclusion because I just don’t feel informed enough to. I kind of just wanted to see what other people thought of it, since I don’t know how the game usually goes.

I think volt is super sus rn.

And i find it fascinating how far he's reaching to try to make up something against me.

And i find it even more fascinating that he's carbon copying dan's targeting of me, and that the arguments are a real stretch. Almost like there's a plan behind the scenes. 🧐

I'm not worried, because i know what I'll flip. But it is an indicator of the dan/volt slot alignment imo.

Reactions: Doo
It's quite simple. Ness asked if i saw him teamed with ribbit or dino. I said 'not a team i think' and gave reasons.

I don't see how that's related to what you quoted from ness, but i followed the link and found the ribbit post claiming i had ignored something.

This was something that made me sus of ribbit. Because i hadn't ignored it, i had already given my opinion (on dan) just before that.

You quoted a post in which i was responding to someone - expaining the ribbit sus posts. How is responding to someone "forcefully putting content out"?

You say to-may-to, i say to-mah-to. I view tunneling as being hyperfocused on one person and holding onto that read. Not wanting to let it go. I rarely see maf tunnel. Usually, maf keeps their option open. Ness's tunnel on ribbit (from very early, and continuing even now) seems to me a town trait.

Pfft. What's weird is this carbon copy of Dan's argument to target me. Especially when the arguments don't make sense (see above).

Actually, I believe ness commented on my logic, etc when tr me.
ahn the thing i quoted from ness was more talking abt ribbit. i dont get what ribbit meant and i kept it in because he never explained
like how YOU ignoring something makes DAN sus? isnt that confusing kek
i meant if you sus someone as mafia you need to force some thoughts out, right? and your points is that ribbit is open wolfing for joking, and thats kind of a reach. joking is just NAI. you insisted on this for a bit, what for me seems like a moot point
ive seen mafia tunnel a lot. so?
you were sussing dan for disagreeing with how PoE works. and he does PoE in any alignment. thats why it's weird argument. like I don't think tunneling is necessarily town but im not using the fact that you think otherwise as the basis for my sus on you. thats what you did to dan
and like i know im town so i know dan used to be town. thats why im white knighting him
and that post where you quoted doo was confusing af how tf would i know thats what you meant

Back