• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Resetting ACNL for your favorite...

Resetting is a pain, but I will still do it to get a layout that I like. We spent half a day resetting with CF once, and it made the new town much more enjoyable after. I guess it's the OCD interior designer in me that makes it necessary, but everyone's gotta do what they gotta do.

On another note mentioned in this thread, I thought I had seen more than one delicious fruit in Lin and Ko's videos. Are it sure that you can only grow native delicious fruits? Maybe it's their video-ing between their two towns that's confusing me.

Lin and Ko are just trading their delicious fruits with each other. You can only have your native fruit be delicious.

When it comes to my AC:NL town I want oranges as my native fruit (not as a favourite, but as an easier way to plant others where they grow), good layout and the triangle grass which becomes stars in winter. Other things I'm not concerned about.
Seeing as how the native becomes the delicious however, I might go with cherries instead. We'll see.

Can someone post pictures of this elusive "triangle grass"?

Here's an example from my wild world town. Bad quality but whatever.
37315991654.jpg
According to this wiki page, it's suppose to turn to stars in winter but this was a lie because now I have squares.

Look below the green pattern. The grass is in the shape of triangles.

OOOO:

Is it rare? O.O

Oh man. I want my town to be so many things. It will take a thousand resets to get it perfect.

Fruit: I want Apples or Oranges.Peaches, Cherries, I will probably reset.. Pears, I will definitely reset.

Villagers: I really want the rainbow clown sheep. =/ But I don't think I will reset JUST for him. I will keep resetting until I get at least ONE of the animals I want.

Town layout: IDEK the layouts, but when I know more info on them, I want one I like.

And now.. Triangle grass. LOL. This really will take all day resetting to get.

Yes, I always reset if I don't get a map that I like. That's about as far as it goes though.

I eventually end up growing all of the fruit in my town, and I'm not bothered with who is living in the town.

So triangle grass is rare? Lol I had it in CF and didn't think anything of it. :p

I MIGHT reset if I don't get Peaches (though, I'd be okay with apples or cherries)... but mostly, I'll only reset if I screw up the questions (though, usually what I'd answer end up giving me the face I like anyway) or I really hate all the maps shown

I want circle or square grass. If I get triangle I will reset but that's the only thing. I'd like peaches because I love how the delicious ones look but if I get a town I like with circle grass I wont reset for peaches.

I'm trying to gather pictures of town layouts so I can reset for the one I want. Other than that, I won't reset for anything else.

Well if one of the 3 maps I get isnt nice enough for me.... (which would require it to be a map with an east coast, a zig-zaggy river and a nice place for the town-tree-thing, but also the 2 clifs where u can walk to the beach need to be a bit, evenly spread so I dont need to walk half an hour to reach the beach's end only to walk back :p)
And my prefered fruits are apples or oranges... this may influence it aswell.
As for my face; im most likely gonna use a guide for my face.

I probably will if I don't get the face I want the first time. other than that, the only thing thats reset-worthy is the placement of my house. in my WW file, i have dream placing- waayyy up in the top-left corner with a pond. It was like my own personal backyard.

Good news, Savannah:

You can pick where to place your house!

I ended up resetting once, because the first time I did not get a face that I wanted. There are 4 town layouts to choose from when you begin and both times I went through the intro- there was a layout that I really liked!

Any place you want which is a really great feature. No need to reset to get not only the perfect layout, but placement of house preferred.

Can you pick ANY spot or are there designated house spots?

For the most part, yeah. Tom Nook follows you around and then you talk to him when you've found the spot you want. Then you can see what your house will look like in that area and choose to use that spot or pick another.

Back