• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Resetting ACNL for your favorite...

I have no idea if I'll reset. I like the idea of sticking with the first-ever town I come across, but I'd hate to be stuck with a tedious layout. :/

I'm not planning on resetting unless there's just something about the town that I really hate or something and would like it different.

Hmm why would people reset if they dont like their starter villager's? Just ignore them and they'll move....
But I guess resetting is an easy way to get rid of 5 (annoying/ugly/stupid) characters :p

Hmm why would people reset if they dont like their starter villager's? Just ignore them and they'll move....
But I guess resetting is an easy way to get rid of 5 (annoying/ugly/stupid) characters :p

yeah i dont understand why people reset for villagers.

I can understand fruit, town layouts and stuff, they're stuck like that forever
but villagers... no. they're easily changable.

In ACCF, I sometimes reset for villagers if the town layout was only borderline good anyway. I imagine that that will be the case for me with New Leaf, too, once Nintendo will release it in NA so I can buy it. It's almost guaranteed that if I get a villager I don't like, he will be the last one to even think of moving away. :)

But, I see your point. Right now I have a town layout that is so nice that I wouldn't have reset no matter who the villagers were.

As I've gotten older, no matter how much I HATE my town name on CF ( ''Moony'' D; ) I've never reset it. I couldn't bare to see all my old memories out of the window; plus I have sweet villagers and an awesome layout.

I'll probably never reset unless I get hideous eyes / hair.

On top of my high list of demands, I really want bananas on my island.... But you have to wait minimum 3 days to get the island... And then if I have coconuts I have to reset for my perfect town layout with cherries and I think it's just not worth it. Kinda sucks you can't bring stuff to the island or i'd chop them down and replace them with bananas.. :(

ohh i doubt it but can you find bananas in minigames. Wait there's that fruit minigame better hope I can grab some bananas from that and plant them ahh there's hope young children!! there is hope!!!!

Last edited:
I often use mini games as a way to get fruit/ flowers. And you can chop down and replace your island trees. Just do a diving mini game to grab the bananas! I got bananas on my island and didn't like them at first. But they've grown on me.

yay there is hope thank you so much for confirming my plan :D

Back