• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Setting another date

Aurynn

Cuddling under the stars
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
I remembered from the time I played Wild World, there was a dude who setted the time of the game half a year further (or back, don't know anymore). That means that he is playing in the snow when I was lying in the sun.
What do you think of that idea? Would you do that? Or would you just play the normal date?

I was so confused at first lol.

I pretty never time travel until I get bored with the game. So probably much longer after the release!

That guy didn't time travel, he just set the date at the beginning of the game on another time.

I tried that once in CF when I was bored and I couldn't enjoy it the same as when I play properly. So no, I'll be playing in real date and time.

I've been considering it, but only because the majority of people I know who are buying it won't. It might happen, but i'm still thinking about it. If I did I'd really want to see Winter, for the aurora borealis effect in NL.

I like it when I'm visitting another town and it's winter over there, but I wouldn't set the date of MY town to that.

I do generally set the date of CF a day behind because otherwise I miss holidays and Saturday shows, however because NL is a handheld I don't think that will be necessary.

We can also buy KK songs so that helps. I'm either working or out on Saturdays so I used to play a day behind so I could see KK and get his songs.

I agree with aurynn, it would be pretty cool to be able to see what winter is like but I've never time travelled in the other games, plus I'm weird and it would feel like I was cheating, haha

I personally wouldn't do that, mainly because when it's Summer in game, it's Summer here, Spring - Spring, etc.

When you go to another town and it's the opposite season to yours, it's like your little character is visiting another country :)

I wouldn't do it myself - I'd rather stick to the normal date.

I wouldn't do that though this thread did make me think of something. Can people in the Southern Hemisphere playing animal crossing change ther season without changing the date?

Back