• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Shiny Pokemon ID Checker[No Longer Works]

I can confirm now as well that this does work(just hatched a shiny fletchling for somebody over on reddit)

The computer must have an internet connection, and have a wi-fi connection not being used for internet. (A laptop with a wired connection not using its wi-fi adapter should work.)

Can anyone expand on this? I dont get it :confused:

It seems not many people are having success. I'm assuming people have downloaded the other software needed to run instacheck...

The computer must have an internet connection, and have a wi-fi connection not being used for internet. (A laptop with a wired connection not using its wi-fi adapter should work.)

Can anyone expand on this? I dont get it :confused:

Basically, you need the wifi connection to be free because your laptop is connected via ethernet cable to the internet; therefore leaving the wifi adapter unused for internet.

Man it sucks not being able to check your own eggs...
Sometimes it seems like checkers will ignore your cry for help unless you're offering a 5iv Pokemon or an item. >.>

Last edited:
I was able to find somebody to help me at gamefaqs, and now I have a shiny male eevee with perfect IVs[only wish his speed IV wasn't 1. Ah well, Shade is destined to be an umbreon anyway]

And if I could get the program to work for me, I'd be more than happy to help check SVs for people. Course, I don't know why it won't run. Checking the error log tells me nothing.

Last edited:
You can't say they're doing anything wrong, just helping each other get shinies by using a fool-proof method.

I only used this to get a shiny eevee because I didn't want to wait to get Kokoro brought over from Black version. (obviously still moving my shiny flareon to Y, but that's besides the point)

Not to everyone, no. Somebody couldn't care less about a shiny pokemon, others only want shiny pokemon; and some[like myself] collect certain ones for cosmetic reasons.

I am willing to help people check their TSV and the SV of their eggs when I have time.

I can check people's SV as well! Let me know if you need it!

(Mine is 1898 if you ever come across it :p)

Last edited:
Just a heads up.. this method may be about to be killed off here. Trade Servers are down for maintenance. What are the chances it's because they're making eggs untradeable now?

Back